• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phil is a party animal from way back. He loves a drink. Listen to the podcast by Brett Finch when he is talking to Bryan Fletcher, and the one he talks to Brad Fitler. Some amazing stories. Good series of podcasts.
Is that the same podcast that Finch was off his dial?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll be honest with you @utility half IF Adam was on $300k and not the reported $550-600k then I don’t think anyone would give AF about his antics and carry on (as much) .. but the reality is that his contract value has people swaying yay or nay.
I reckon he's on 450, tops.....but honestly, I think people would complain about him even if he were on minimum wage......once the kennel takes a disliking to a player, they seldom recover.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, I disagree. They had it in for us before we adopted the siege mentality. That's why we adopted it. We have gone through so many management changes since then. We have tried beinmg welcoming and accommodating of the media and they used the extra access to write even more negative headlines. Whatever happens with Elliott, I think we need to go back to the siege mentality. The rubbish they wrote used to make us stronger. membership was good, sponsorship was plentiful. They could write as much garbage as they liked and still couldn't touch us.
Let me assure you
* The siege mentality has been there since the mid 80's.
* We have been scrutinized and under attack ever since we refused to sign off Souffs.
* It got worse when we went out of our way and financially supported their reinstatement.
* On bringing back the siege mentality 100% yes but in a healthy and appropriate manner !!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did you know who she was a week ago?
yes mate david boyles daughter, i watch abit of the womens game and through my coaching.
point is she followed him into the mens toilets and there is no action taken against her?
yes i know he has earlier indiscretions but i dont think this last one is an issue.
im not a fan of elliott , but in this case i think he has been hard done by, just IMO.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it is, as they said, true that he was asked to leave ONLY after the "drunken" toilet tryst just what were the staff there doing about RSA? The way the article was written, as apparently a close assessment of the incident, they should have been keeping an eye on him to make sure he was not excessively drinking and noted when he had reached that point.

Described as a drunken tryst means to me that he had already had one too many (and as such once he reached that point prior to the toilet incident) and should have been asked to leave at that point.

We all remember the SBW Candace Falzon incident and guess who wore most of the heat for that one in the years that followed and up until recently>>>It wasn't SBW and from memory received no punishment in relation to that particular incident other than being directed by the club to make a public apology . His defence...he was so drunk at the time he did not know what he was doing and he did not remember the incident...

He too had documented off field issues, urinating in public, drinking, and driving whilst under the influence for which he copped a $10k fine from the club.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes mate david boyles daughter, i watch abit of the womens game and through my coaching.
point is she followed him into the mens toilets and there is no action taken against her?
yes i know he has earlier indiscretions but i dont think this last one is an issue.
im not a fan of elliott , but in this case i think he has been hard done by, just IMO.
My only issue with this whole bla bla is WHY is she not copping any backlash form this?
I’ve hardly hear her name mentioned …

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Is that the same podcast that Finch was off his dial?
Haha. Probably. Finchy is way off the dial most of the time. Probably why I like to listen to it. I really enjoyed the Reni Matua one. Anytime he talks to footy players I liked I will listen.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
My only issue with this whole bla bla is WHY is she not copping any backlash form this?
I’ve hardly hear her name mentioned …
It's been pointed out many times why. She hasn't had a problem with alcohol before. He has. He should know better, yet he still gets himself into these situations. I'm sure it she does something like this again, their will be plenty of fingers pointed at her.

Bit like the first time for Elliots when I'd say all of us where backing him to the hilt cause they had camera's going into the Harbourview Hotel to "catch" the action in a private function.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon he's on 450, tops.....but honestly, I think people would complain about him even if he were on minimum wage......once the kennel takes a disliking to a player, they seldom recover.
Nope.

The fact we use an error prone forward, who regularly gets dominated in attack and defence, as a starting pivotal player, rubs fans the wrong way.

Hes a bench forward, that's it. Nothing more.

The fact he puts his shit grin in the media all the time trying to promote himself as a team leader and vital clog to our team, rubs me the wrong way.

Does it every season, tries to be the the coaches pet so he doesn't get dropped.

The fact he's part of our leadership group and a starting player for us, is an indication that the club is mediocre. The sooner we move him on the sooner we show we're serious about winning a premiership (move on being rhe only option because of what we're paying him)

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let me assure you
* The siege mentality has been there since the mid 80's.
* We have been scrutinized and under attack ever since we refused to sign off Souffs.
* It got worse when we went out of our way and financially supported their reinstatement.
* On bringing back the siege mentality 100% yes but in a healthy and appropriate manner !!!
When it comes to this club, working with the media is like trying to microwave your balls - there's no healthy level of exposure.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Day by day I get a stronger suspicion that Adam will get slapped around and arse fucked by Phil but there will be no sacking ..
I think that's the way it's panning out too. But this means his next indiscretion should be sackable. At 100 games and 3 or 4 incidents it's not too long to wait

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that's the way it's panning out too. But this means his next indiscretion should be stackable. At 100 games and 3 or 4 incidents it's not too long to wait
I think IF he survives this incident he’ll know that if he sneezes in the wrong direction he’ll be done for. Literally must be his last chance ..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he'd been drinking all arvo with multiple groups including teammates...did not one pull him into line and drag him home? I know he's an adult, but he's obviously a terrible drunk...is he that devoid of mates in the club that no one wanted to stop him making a huge mistake?
Don't worry about his mates...what about the staff at the restaurant? If he had been drinking all afternoon why are they not asked the question as to why they allowed him to stay as long as he did?

Not defending him but responsibility all around looks like it was missing...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When it comes to this club, working with the media is like trying to microwave your balls - there's no healthy level of exposure.
Supper League's News ltd were half owners of the game for 20 years...
Does it tell you anything ?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope.

The fact we use an error prone forward, who regularly gets dominated in attack and defence, as a starting pivotal player, rubs fans the wrong way.

The fact he puts his shit grin in the media all the time trying to promote himself as a team leader and vital clog to our team, rubs me the wrong way.

Does it every season, tries to be the the coaches pet so he doesn't get dropped.

The fact he's part of our leadership group and a starting player for us, is an indication that the club is mediocre. The sooner we move him on the sooner we show we're serious about winning a premiership (move on being rhe only option because of what we're paying him)
But just to clarify, you think his indiscretions have been really bad and he should be moved on solely because of them, right? The club offered him the contract. Why aim the vitriol at him. What was he supposed to do, demand less?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope.

PS people were calling for his head after Mad Monday. He wasn't on that much money then, so it's not about the money. TK has never liked him. The amound he is on obviously doesn't help.