Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier turning your back to it :grinning: Keep pissing Ute..... if there was an iron man award on the kennel you would be favorite to take it. No matter how many times your comments and threads get blasted you keep coming back for more. :grinning:
i know right tbh and like most i find the guy 1.nearly batshit crazy but 2.also humorous entertaining as fuck LOL you have to take him in context i.e you cannot be serious...and laugh along i do.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think you'd find the main reason is Grants not versatile. Grant also isn't "superior" (yes, he's better and Storm's long term 9). I think it says something that Smith has started hooker all year over Grant tho (not just because of injury, Grant's played about half the season).
Grant has been either injured, or recovering from injury for pretty much all of the season....Bellamy just hasn't wanted to risk him getting reinjured by starting him, that's the only reason he hasn't been starting. Bellamy is probably also more reluctant to shift Smith because he is tryting to re-sign him. He has shown time and time again that Grant is his preffered hooker.

If he's superior, he is better....superior is na synonym of better....means the same thing....lol

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d say it’s gonna be a funny day in here when Cheese re-signs with Storm, but no it’ll be a fuckin’ tragic day.

There’ll be sack Gus threads, poor Cheese will be getting called ”traitor” and getting death threats. Brady and D.O.W will be inconsolable, don’t think they’ll have any love left for anyone else, may never love again.

Cringe factor will be too hard to watch.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for yout input but this isnt dead at all...may not happen may even be more likely it doesn't but it is not dead and a few of us at least dare to dream..and will continue to do so
If we're "looking to the future" why would we be seeking a 30 yo 9 who will be expensive himself?
I didn’t want to chase Api. Just watched the news yesterday and was reported we were. It’s just we all know where we will end up. He will use us to pump up his price. It’s all a game. Plus you tell me would you like to pay $900k for a hooker? You think him alone is a game breaker? Like a JT or John’s someone that makes you look like a one man team? Me personally I don’t think so. If that was the case he wouldn’t be playing second fiddle to Harry Grant. Just my opinion. Hope I’m wrong and we get him for no more than $750k but if it’s up near the million. That’s 1/3 of our yearly cap. Way too much. Don’t you think?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d say it’s gonna be a funny day in here when Cheese re-signs with Storm, but no it’ll be a fuckin’ tragic day.

There’ll be sack Gus threads, poor Cheese will be getting called ”traitor” and getting death threats. Brady and D.O.W will be inconsolable, don’t think they’ve have any love left for anyone else, may never love again.

Cringe factor will be too hard to watch.
Same reaction to when we didn't sign Latrell or Grant for 20/21 back in 2019. The name will just change from Smith to the next best hooker off contract. When I look at those players Smith still the most realistic. Let's go another 3 years without a quality hooker... your comment is stupid and I could say the same to you when we sign him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn’t want to chase Api. Just watched the news yesterday and was reported we were. It’s just we all know where we will end up. He will use us to pump up his price. It’s all a game. Plus you tell me would you like to pay $900k for a hooker? You think him alone is a game breaker? Like a JT or John’s someone that makes you look like a one man team? Me personally I don’t think so. If that was the case he wouldn’t be playing second fiddle to Harry Grant. Just my opinion. Hope I’m wrong and we get him for no more than $750k but if it’s up near the million. That’s 1/3 of our yearly cap. Way too much. Don’t you think?
Cook's on 700k at a top team, we're the worse team in the competition. 900k is realistic for the best hooker of 21 (for us)... (IF IT'S CHEAPER WIN WIN). I believe there are players that are in the must sign category and for what we need Smith is in that. You do whatever it takes unless it's pushing stupidity (and imo 900k isn't that). We signed JAC on 550k, Cotric 600k, Thompson 725k... Smith is better value than all of them... (TPJ 750K!)

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i know right tbh and like most i find the guy 1.nearly batshit crazy but 2.also humorous entertaining as fuck LOL you have to take him in context i.e you cannot be serious...and laugh along i do.
I like him too :grinning: If Elliott had half the drive, determination and steel that Ute shows on the Kennel, he would be a dead set champ. But in reality SmElliott sux!!!

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if Grants head is firmly up Bellamys asshole you get the next best don't you.
Cheese has character players will enjoy being around him, which makes it a happier environment, which increases performances on game day, no brainer, wake up and SMELL THE CHEESE.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think a mill is too high but that is 10% of our cap not 1/3??

STorm offer 650 and he plays lock..wants to play 9 almost a given he will leave for more money imo.Like you said each to their own opinions but Ripley is WRONG, he wont be re=signing with the Storm unless he happily gives up the 9 dream and earning an extra MILLION bucks

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cook's on 700k at a top team, we're the worse team in the competition. 900k is realistic for the best hooker of 21 (for us)... (IF IT'S CHEAPER WIN WIN). I believe there are players that are in the must sign category and for what we need Smith is in that. You do whatever it takes unless it's pushing stupidity (and imo 900k isn't that).
I’m just thinking realistically. The club said they’re not paying overs for players. In a top 4 side paying $900k for a hooker is overs. It’ll just destroy our cap. Then what happens when we need to upgrade Burton and other players that start to perform better every year. We need to be smart

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m just thinking realistically. The club said they’re not paying overs for players. In a top 4 side paying $900k for a hooker is overs. It’ll just destroy our cap. Then what happens when we need to upgrade Burton and other players that start to perform better every year. We need to be smart
Why would we sign TPJ for 750k when you can get Smith for ~150k more if we're thinking logically? Also "not paying overs" statement is F'ing BS as you can see by the TPJ signing.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think a mill is too high but that is 10% of our cap not 1/3??

STorm offer 650 and he plays lock..wants to play 9 almost a given he will leave for more money imo.Like you said each to their own opinions but Ripley is WRONG, he wont be re=signing with the Storm unless he happily gives up the 9 dream and earning an extra MILLION bucks
The “reported” offer on the table from the Storm is 2.4 mill over 3 years, that’s $800k per season. Now I know it’s only what’s reported and may not be true, but it’s the only figure reported so I don’t know where you got yours.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The “reported” offer on the table from the Storm is 2.4 mill over 3 years, that’s $800k per season. Now I know it’s only what’s reported and may not be true, but it’s the only figure reported so I don’t know where you got yours.
Cool, so $3m over three years should make it happen.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1629354446832.png
Did the up their offer? If so can you post. If the Storm are offering 600k and not a hooker position I'd say it's likely he's leaving personally.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont believe for a minute they offered him 800 a year as a lock do you really???

Just re-signed a gun/weapon spine player in Papenhuyzen for 750/yr so 800 for cheese? is absolute horseshit LOL

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The $650 figure may be what you heard Cooper Cronk thinks he’s worth, And I actually think he said. $600k