• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way, Trent was talking us up, most had us mid table expectations, FMD he was saying Flanno was his star recruit and was going to play like Cleary.

22 rounds later.........
No one outside of Bulldog supporters had us mid table. Trent said all of that shit and he was clearly wrong

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope not true. Sick of people in life staying things that are simply incorrect. We were about fourth in the wooden spoon market. I am an avid punter and know my markets well. Most people on here were even tipping us to make the 8 at the start of the year!
We got embarrassed by Newcastle without Ponga and Pearce. With roughly two million outta your cap against a barely top 8 team one would assume we were a lock. Barrett is a disaster, so obvious.
Okay bro. There were plenty of people who tipped us to come last. People on here will always think we are gunna go well at the beginning of the year. I watch the game every week thinking we are a chance. You honestly believe a different coach could get this team without a spine player to perform? I'm not saying Barrett has coached well, we have come last. I'm saying that he needs a list with at least a spine player to compete. If we are still under performing, Gus should remove him.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay bro. There were plenty of people who tipped us to come last. People on here will always think we are gunna go well at the beginning of the year. I watch the game every week thinking we are a chance. You honestly believe a different coach could get this team without a spine player to perform? I'm not saying Barrett has coached well, we have come last. I'm saying that he needs a list with at least a spine player to compete. If we are still under performing, Gus should remove him.
Hey dude, I’m just sticking to facts. I certainly didn’t hear any tipsters tipping us for the spoon but that’s subjective. MG and those guys were starting to jump on the bandwagon (not that I care about any of them)

I can tell you we weren’t favourites for the spoon, that’s fact. So your straight up- black n white wrong there, no argument. To reiterate it is a fact we weren’t wooden spoon favourites with book makers.

And yes- I think a different coach would have us in a much better position.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one outside of Bulldog supporters had us mid table. Trent said all of that shit and he was clearly wrong
Clearly wrong plenty of pundits had us better than we have done.
Trent will be a good coach when he has
The best fullback
Best 5/8
Best half
Best hooker
But why stop there
Let's make sure
Get him the 2 best wingers
2 best centres
A full stock of the best forwards.

The best assistant coaches nah fuck it let's get him the best head coaches to be his assistants, already has his coaching mentor, maybe a personal assistant for his daily manicure.

My point is a good coach develops his players, I'm not asking for him to polish turds just improve what he has got, get the most out of them, develop game plans and defensive strategies that his players at their level can follow.
Not some pie in sky stuff where he dreams he can have grandious plans then throw player after player under a bus for not being a Cleary, not Being a Turbo not being Cook, Walker.

Let's get a team chock full of experienced players that have been coached by the best bring them in and Barrett can take credit for how good they are, cause sure as shit comes out He won't improve any player in the roster no matter how good or bad they are.

Over the excuses.

BushDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey dude, I’m just sticking to facts. I certainly didn’t hear any tipsters tipping us for the spoon but that’s subjective. MG and those guys were starting to jump on the bandwagon (not that I care about any of them)

I can tell you we weren’t favourites for the spoon, that’s fact. So your straight up- black n white wrong there, no argument. To reiterate it is a fact we weren’t wooden spoon favourites with book makers.

How can you tell us? Can you please prove it wasn’t a fact? Please!
Most radio and tv sports shows did have us picked for the spoon, if you listen to podcasts from the start of the year etc you will retract your comment.
You are stating your opinion, not a fact. And you’re entitled to your opinion. But you’re wrong.
That is a fact!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man it’s like people lack the most basic comprehension on here. Read my posts slowly and thoroughly, maybe the one before too. If you need any help as to what I stated as fact and not opinion I’ll dumb it down for ya.

I can prove it. Care for a wager?
It’s not an opinion as I stated it was fact. How could it be my opinion when I said the bookmakers didn’t have us as spoon favs ya goose!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and by the way here’s the first ‘opinion’ I found from Zero Tackle.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I never mentioned bookmakers but whatever. I still think we don't have the playing talent to compete and every single team has better players then us. IMO, no comparison. No matter who coached us this year, with our roster there is a fair chance that we finish last. No coach is gunna turn flanno into a half that can lead a side or play outside of structure. No coach is going to turn Avo into a half. No coach is going to turn JMK into a 9 who has vision and footy IQ. No coach is going to turn meaney into a first choice fullback. In saying that im not saying the Barrett has coached well. If this shit continues next year he should be gone. I reckon he deserves a chance with some of the players he recruited

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

NO NO NO your wrong on this, we were CLEAR favourites pre season for the spoon.Sportsbet and Tabtouch WA to name two i know for a FACT..and as they all follow each other every corp likely had us favourites for the spoon.
PS there would be threads around Feb/March confirming this too...
As for "pundits" on here we have either NFI or too much blind faith to follow a "tip" on here with your own money lol

EDIT...second guessing myself now, i may be wrong on Dog's being Fav's(although its impossible to find a preseason market)a couple of articles mention St George so APOLS mate if i am wrong.
We would have been thereabouts though maybe second favourite at worst, i recall i wanted to place what would now be a losing bet on Betfair laying against us getting the spoon...it has been a shit year of that there is no doubt.

Last edited:

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Clearly wrong plenty of pundits had us better than we have done.
Trent will be a good coach when he has
The best fullback
Best 5/8
Best half
Best hooker
But why stop there
Let's make sure
Get him the 2 best wingers
2 best centres
A full stock of the best forwards.

The best assistant coaches nah fuck it let's get him the best head coaches to be his assistants, already has his coaching mentor, maybe a personal assistant for his daily manicure.

My point is a good coach develops his players, I'm not asking for him to polish turds just improve what he has got, get the most out of them, develop game plans and defensive strategies that his players at their level can follow.
Not some pie in sky stuff where he dreams he can have grandious plans then throw player after player under a bus for not being a Cleary, not Being a Turbo not being Cook, Walker.

Let's get a team chock full of experienced players that have been coached by the best bring them in and Barrett can take credit for how good they are, cause sure as shit comes out He won't improve any player in the roster no matter how good or bad they are.

Over the excuses.
Na the best wingers are on the kennel ,the type who turn their back on their own as soon as the going gets tough,the type that when things turn around one day and they will turn around,jump back on, have a bit of faith my fellow kennelers

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Na the best wingers are on the kennel ,the type who turn their back on their own as soon as the going gets tough,the type that when things turn around one day and they will turn around,jump back on, have a bit of faith my fellow kennelers
As soon as the going gets tough?? Where the fuck have you been for 5 years…

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
D
Ont bother
Exactly what i mean,thats why i dont come on here much ive followed the dogs for 50 years and we've been up and down over and over again,probably not as bad as it has been in the last five years but it will turn around one day,its not worth arguing with other supporters about,we are all in the same boat weall want our team/club to be at the top ,but we'll just have to hang in,or you could just jump ship and follow some other team

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO NO NO your wrong on this, we were CLEAR favourites pre season for the spoon.Sportsbet and Tabtouch WA to name two i know for a FACT..and as they all follow each other every corp likely had us favourites for the spoon.
PS there would be threads around Feb/March confirming this too...
As for "pundits" on here we have either NFI or too much blind faith to follow a "tip" on here with your own money lol

EDIT...second guessing myself now, i may be wrong on Dog's being Fav's(although its impossible to find a preseason market)a couple of articles mention St George so APOLS mate if i am wrong.
We would have been thereabouts though maybe second favourite at worst, i recall i wanted to place what would now be a losing bet on Betfair laying against us getting the spoon...it has been a shit year of that there is no doubt.
Yes mate, thanks for the edit and admitting your mistake. That is appreciated and rare on the kennel. Dragons were spoon favorites pre season.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree we probably have better wingers on the kennel just that the coach is the biggest whinger on the team. :tonguewink:

No one expected this year to be easy mate, most of us expected more losses than wins and with the odd towel up. Not unreasonable though to expect personal player improvement not regression, game plans and defence structures to be organised and accountability from the so called head coach who appears to be more interested in finding excuses and whinging about the ref's for poor performances, no wonder the players have regressed their is no accountability.
As dog supporters we demand success we expect success and if we can see there is movement forward we can accommodat a bad season or two, but also if we feel we are going backward we have the right to voice our concerns.

You want to wait to see how goes with a new lot of players, I've see enough and heard enough excuses.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
D

Ont bother

Exactly what i mean,thats why i dont come on here much ive followed the dogs for 50 years and we've been up and down over and over again,probably not as bad as it has been in the last five years but it will turn around one day,its not worth arguing with other supporters about,we are all in the same boat weall want our team/club to be at the top ,but we'll just have to hang in,or you could just jump ship and follow some other team
No one's jumping ship, but we have the right to voice what we see or don't see as incompetent, or do we just put up with it.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.
So bottom line is vent your frustration and hang in there as next year will be a start of something great.