The "R U OK ?" Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just wanted to say, that I've been WFH in the last 7 weeks, and haven't really left my house unless I got and buy groceries and food.

I am the type of person that was always active, and always had something to do on the weekends with friends and family.

Today, it has really hit hard, I feel that I'm mentally struggling because of this lockdown, pretty shitty situation to be in.

Being stuck at hom 24/7 with kids, not that its a bad thing but man, its fucking tough.

On top of that my wife is having another baby, we are expecting a girl
Congrats on the little girl mate. Take a 30 min walk everyday if you can. Really helps me mentally

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to say, that I've been WFH in the last 7 weeks, and haven't really left my house unless I got and buy groceries and food.

I am the type of person that was always active, and always had something to do on the weekends with friends and family.

Today, it has really hit hard, I feel that I'm mentally struggling because of this lockdown, pretty shitty situation to be in.

Being stuck at hom 24/7 with kids, not that its a bad thing but man, its fucking tough.

Chin up bro, gather a list of things you can be great full for in general, and another list of things you can be great full for during this pandemic, start each day meditating on that list. And remember that list when tou feel like your up against it

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Congrats on the new bub.

It is really difficult to motivate one's self when you are placed in a situation over which you have no control and is very different to your normal existence.

I am lucky that I like exercise and have found an outlet at the gym, up until the weekend of course when we were put into lockdown stay at home orders. I am able however to go for extended walks and in fact took a nice 10km stroll around the local area in the sunshine. Have equipment at home too and it is my time out during the day to use it.

My normal work involves plenty of walking too and it is not unusual for me to do over 20 kms in a day just doing my daily duties.

You said you are active but is there anything else that you enjoy.?I know it sounds nerdy but I also like doing jigsaw puzzles and crosswords to keep the mind active. What do the kids enjoy doing..can you get out the back and play some footy, cricket etc.?

Mental well being is just as important as physical well being though so make sure that you put things out in the open and talk about whatever problem you may be having.

Good luck mate and hope that you can find a suitable outlet for yourself.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cheers mate, sounds like we are both in a bit despair at the moment.

Different circumstances, same journey.

Separation causes mourning weather it's caused by the physical loss of someone or a loss in relationship.

Hang in there brother, time will be your best friend.
Chin up mate.
Struggling with issues can be draining and sometimes we feel that we will never have good times again.....
Positivity and reflection can be your friend...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Beautiful post mate!

It's funny how some of the best people I know are on a website that I've never met in person.

It's great sharing the same passions, having a laugh, watching people go at it only to kiss and make up a day later, and the genuine care that is found throughout the people that make this forum.
And there we have it. Not too shabby from you either Caveman and I love the tone of this post.

A trouble shared is a trouble halved and the fact that you have posted in this way is really positive.

Wishing you all the best and know that we all are here for you.....

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And there we have it. Not too shabby from you either Caveman and I love the tone of this post.

A trouble shared is a trouble halved and the fact that you have posted in this way is really positive.

Wishing you all the best and know that we all are here for you.....
Cheers dogluva!

Had a rough trot there for a bit, but feel like I'm on the mend at the moment.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A pig is someone who disregards other peoples basic human rights and treats them with contempt.

Not in Australia

Last edited:

CalvinGordon

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well that question answers a lot of thoughts and leads to a lot of branches in one blow. That is what i think is special about many other people and i think you could even get the most of it if you talk to other people in a way that they would get what you mean without even saying something.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN what about this one with the lion's eye in the middle of the cross?

View attachment 29787
It's kind of interesting how these design systems work. They're all automated. AI Bots put the designs together usually based on wallpapers and stuff like that, then the bots post it to Facebook, and if they get enough likes (or orders) then it sends a message to the company to tell them that there's interest. Then they get a bunch of them batch made up in China using crappy materials and the end result is something that looks nothing like the original photo they posted.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's kind of interesting how these design systems work. They're all automated. AI Bots put the designs together usually based on wallpapers and stuff like that, then the bots post it to Facebook, and if they get enough likes (or orders) then it sends a message to the company to tell them that there's interest. Then they get a bunch of them batch made up in China using crappy materials and the end result is something that looks nothing like the original photo they posted.
I saw one last year that looked really cool - it was designed off the Assassins Creed game. It wouldn't surprise me though if it's something that was designed using those bots.