Jake of no trades?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how many of you niff nuffs have played grade at 20 let alone first grade. he is learning with a shit team around him. Obviously 7 is not his position but he is doing a job for our team.
Kid will be near untouchable in 2 years. Some people dont understand the process of going from flegg, reserves then into the NRL.

If only people knew how many rockstars out there applied their trades in reserves before a breakout season.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because he was consistently one of the best players for us through the grades. He didn't start the final but he was younger than the others and scored the match winning try, convenient to leave that part out. He was also an outside back at the time playing centre or fullback and didn't move to the halves until late in his junior career..so yh, convenient to leave all that out LOL.
You did see how he played at centre in first grade didn’t you? He isn’t first grade standard yet, hopefully he will be one day

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not a half.

He MAY go alright at fullback, otherwise he is a permanent reserves player.
Lol how many people on the kennel pumped up his tyres ....if he is playing in the halves next year than god help Burton....why, just why the fuk doesn’t Barrett play BBO at 7?...

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For now unfortunately everything is dismal about our team, the club is in a rebuilding stage, I believe the young players deserve support not criticism...We have to stick by them hopefully next season this will all be forgotten.
Yeah, that’s just it though, next year with the players that are coming, he doesn’t play first grade unless off the bench at best?

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair should have had two try assists. Okunbor dropped a sitter with the line open and Doorey should have gone in from a great short ball. Players around him make him look worse.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a lot of footy in Averillo. He's had a heap of pressure thrown onto him in a shit team. Being asked to play 1st grade in the halves behind a powder puff forward pack would be difficult enough if he came thru the grades as a half let alone as a fullback / centre.
I expect that with some quality players coming next year Averillo will have a break through year. He's played 30 odd games by now, this time next year once he's getting around 50 games will be a better time to judge his potential.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all but had signed Shaun Johnson, so mustn’t see him partnering Burton, have signed Dufty for fullback, I just don’t see where he fits in
At the end of the day Shaun ain’t coming.
Who else sitting next to Burton

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You did see how he played at centre in first grade didn’t you? He isn’t first grade standard yet, hopefully he will be one day
He was promoted too early because we're fucking shit, he was then not protected because again we're fucking shit. His attack at centre was good, defence obviously terrible. Then again out outside back defence is terrible no matter who plays there, he has at least improved his tackling this season imo.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bad was okunbor today,all he had to do is catch the ball twice and score,averilo said I will reserve my judgement,when we get some better cattle next year,the same applies for schoupp,but both very promising players.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo isn't the problem, it's the way we are coached and the fact that Averillo is no half. He should be at the centres taking Hopa's spot or at fullback where he can utilise his running game.
He can’t defend...that’s a big problem being in the centres and not being able to handle big boppers running out wide

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was promoted too early because we're fucking shit, he was then not protected because again we're fucking shit. His attack at centre was good, defence obviously terrible. Then again out outside back defence is terrible no matter who plays there, he has at least improved his tackling this season imo.
Yeah I will give him that, at least in the halves his defence is a lot better, put him back to centre and trying to read where it’s going was his downfall previously

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid will be near untouchable in 2 years. Some people dont understand the process of going from flegg, reserves then into the NRL.

If only people knew how many rockstars out there applied their trades in reserves before a breakout season.
In what position? Burton is our running half

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate I agree, he isn't a halfback but people should stop the blame game.
Don't forget the terrible service he gets from our so called hooker.
He is a long way away from being a good half, his defense is not good in the centres therefore I would try him at fullback or wing.
Is Barrett safe mate, seems he has 1 plan, it doesn’t work, seems a 1 trick pony, also now blaming the refs, we look shit week in week out, blaming the refs to try and deflect is just embarrassing, how Katoa wasn’t dragged after his first infringement is beyond me, he then went on another 3 times, same happened with Elliott earlier in the year, seems he has no feel for the game and goes in with 1 thought at the start of the game and doesn’t change from it no matter how fucked op things are going

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He shouldn't be playing halfback. Next year he should be a utility off the bench or in reserves training to be a fullback to see if that would work.

I don't think anyone knows what his best position is yet and I doubt Baz is the right coach to find out.
I don’t think BBO can play at 7 next year, I reckon he’s a better utility than Avo at this stage.