BAZZ!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz!

All year I’ve been saying let’s see what he brings next year with a new squad etc… but am I the only one worried about how players are declining under him?

Ok I get we won’t ever going to beat the Titans as they are under achieving massively with the roster they have, but fuck me cmon! Not just tonight but all year players have all played worse then ever. Some have the odd good game then revert back to shit the following week.

Im starting to think baz has no clue what to do. Yes the roster and players we have ain’t good enough but! Don’t tell me for a minute that anyone has improved under him. Allan has been mediocre, hoppa has gone backwards severely (contract year), okunbour looks worse then ever, Thomson only just started playing some decent footy, Jackson is running out of steam, meany is already in Melbourne and I can keep going. One of the major fuck ups is signing flano. He is dead set an embarrassment to the brand. Yet baz keeps picking him.

People saying he is doing it to see how he goes. Well look no further then his stint in reggies. He almost single handedly lost some games for them. He barley created anything at all and that comp is played half assed to grade.

Sorry for the long rant but I’m starting to lose faith in his coaching ability. Doesn’t necessarily mean fitness etc, it just seems he can’t get the best out of players. If he decides to pick flano next week then I’m done for the year.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz!

All year I’ve been saying let’s see what he brings next year with a new squad etc… but am I the only one worried about how players are declining under him?

Ok I get we won’t ever going to beat the Titans as they are under achieving massively with the roster they have, but fuck me cmon! Not just tonight but all year players have all played worse then ever. Some have the odd good game then revert back to shit the following week.

Im starting to think baz has no clue what to do. Yes the roster and players we have ain’t good enough but! Don’t tell me for a minute that anyone has improved under him. Allan has been mediocre, hoppa has gone backwards severely (contract year), okunbour looks worse then ever, Thomson only just started playing some decent footy, Jackson is running out of steam, meany is already in Melbourne and I can keep going. One of the major fuck ups is signing flano. He is dead set an embarrassment to the brand. Yet baz keeps picking him.

People saying he is doing it to see how he goes. Well look no further then his stint in reggies. He almost single handedly lost some games for them. He barley created anything at all and that comp is played half assed to grade.

Sorry for the long rant but I’m starting to lose faith in his coaching ability. Doesn’t necessarily mean fitness etc, it just seems he can’t get the best out of players. If he decides to pick flano next week then I’m done for the year.
Good post mate.

I can summarise for you.

Trent Barrett is not a FG coach.
The End.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When u have no cattle,and injuries and suspensions to key players,it’s very difficult,I do honestly think from what I’m seeing of our style of play at the moment,is we are going to see a real clash of ideas between Barrett and Gould,

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He only needs a cast of thousands in support staff and a top quality roster and he will start coaching apparently….
And some proper sponsors, and the very best admin team, better facility’s, a better team bus, better class of fans, a better draw, a proper stadium, sausage rolls added to the team catering, more fashionable uniforms and a fair go from the refs and the NRL… And THEN with a tiny bit of luck if the fucking players take responsibility for the efforts and injuries dont fuck things up… We could be challenging for the top 8 in 2026 or 7…

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was never that confident in him based on his results at Manly. But this year in particular is a bad one to have an under strength roster and the refs seeming to be permanently on our backs. At least he seems to have been able to recruit pretty well. Just going to cross my fingers and hope that next year brings some success.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s not good and neither is furner. Gus needs to completely tske over and start shadow coaching the team. Barrett is only good for looking pretty tired the journos in post match press conferences.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz!

I agree, Flanno should have stayed off and Bindi on.
Flanno is not a 1st grade footballer and has shown that all year.
BBO is a level above him and JMK but gets 20 minutes or so. He was let down by guys like JOK(e) who when he comes on gets a dropout and JOK(e) drops it off the kick off. Titans score 10 points and BBO is off and Flanno comes on!!!!
Flanno off again and BBO scores!!!

Flanno just doesn't challenge the opposition who are able to slide and pick off our runners from the slow looping passes.
Fox commentators said it tonight, no bullet passing, just loopers from both JMK and Flanno, pushing our backs across the field, easy pickings.

I give up , BAZ has one year to prove himself with the players recruited.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I've seen zero sign on any of the game days that he can Coach. No set plays. no structure, no idea. Defence has gone backwards since Pay. Infact his team selections and bench use shows he can't Coach? My faith has gone as I was wanting to give him next year too. He can't even Coach Avo to kick anything other then an end over end bomb kick? Maybe someone who's watched training may have seen something?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When u have no cattle,and injuries and suspensions to key players,it’s very difficult,I do honestly think from what I’m seeing of our style of play at the moment,is we are going to see a real clash of ideas between Barrett and Gould,
Pay had a weaker roster and got better results. Gould needs to take control and to just tell Trent to sit back and learn.

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Baz!

Long rant? Nah this is nothing. Btrain and captain kickarse used to write 5 page essays once upon a time hahahaha.....

But yes I have to agree with you. We are still playing one dimensional, non-threatening footy even though we have nothing to lose and this game plan is on him.

If we are still playing with this mentality next year with virtually a new team, then the hard questions need to be asked.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was never that confident in him based on his results at Manly. But this year in particular is a bad one to have an under strength roster and the refs seeming to be permanently on our backs. At least he seems to have been able to recruit pretty well. Just going to cross my fingers and hope that next year brings some success.
Not to mention he hasn't had a Football Manager for most of the season. And when he finally gets one they have to bubble up in QLD.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Long rant? Nah this is nothing. Btrain and captain kickarse used to write 5 page essays once upon a time hahahaha.....

But yes I have to agree with you. We are still playing one dimensional, non-threatening footy even though we have nothing to lose and this game plan is on him.

If we are still playing with this mentality next year with virtually a new team, then the hard questions need to be asked.
He attempts this next year with that team he won't last the season.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am more concerned with his judgement of rugby league talent stm. The signing of Flanagan n Allan and the re signing of okunbor n tui katoa. Whether he can coach or not I'd reserve judgement until the squad is reasonable. I hope he or Gould takes a good look at the work of the training n conditioning staff n assistant coaches.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Next year,,,,?? Why? Are the new recruits going to suddenly morph Barrett into a good coach. People’s best traits show themselves in the worst times and conditions. Barrett has got nothing.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
schoupp is building his game in the right direction, but i'm struggling to think of anyone else
True but I just think schoupp is playing like schoupp. He has been the same all year which isn’t bad but a nice flick or offload or something with a bit flair we havnt seen. That’s all coaching, kid has talent and id love to see him stay a centre next year.