Votes: 68 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 37.6%

• Total voters

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who says yes and who says no?
And please don’t say it’s possible because that’s just being safe. A firm yes or a firm no.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have a good chance to just scrape into the 8. But that would be a great achievement considering the shit that’s been served up this year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it works, it will work and we will be around 5th or 6th. If it doesn’t work, it will NOT work and we’ll be tigpies clone

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes.

But it will take another year and maybe 4 more v good players to become a threat.
Our bench is still shabby despite the wonderful signings of TPJ & Vaughn.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As it stands right now, I’ll unfortunately say NO.

My reason for this decision is purely based on our spine.

a pack consisting of Vaughan, Thompson, TPJ, Jackson then Hetherington, RFM, Ava, Topine and possibly BBO as a 14 is decent enough.

a backline with the likes of JAC, Cotric, Naden, Allan is pretty solid also. Then there’s the potential Alamoti who we hope will be our next best thing. Also Schoupp is coming along adequately enough. Hoping Okunbor really gets trained on reading defense and making better decisions in attack as he has size, strength and speed.

our spine though is a real worry….

Burton currently is our only quality player out of 4 key positions. Not good enough for finals.

- Averillo still has plenty to prove for mine as a general with a crafty kicking game. He may be a centre or FB, I don’t know…
- Flanagan is a wipe
- Wakeham I hope is punted ASAP
- JMK should not be a starting 9 if we want to be top 8.
- Dufty, I’m sorry, he will be a let down and thankfully only signed for 1 year. He looks good in attack against lesser teams, but doesn’t stand up in the big games. He can’t defend and he can’t defuse a bomb under pressure. At least he’s on less than DWZ, that’s the only plus.
- BBO is a class act and can be anything, but to run a team I think will take him some time.

Im hoping JAC can surprise as a real class FB, but then that’s weakening the wing where he is close to if not the best winger in the world.

I know I sound negative, I’m not. I’m very pleased with how we’ve strengthened our pack and backline. Definitely the right direction. I just don’t think we are strong enough in the key positions of spine.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they may scrape in at 8th. But they have to show a huge improvement , hope the new guys fit in and it all comes together. Yes we need a stronger spine, but alo some teams in 8 are also on decline - Raiders or on a rebuild - Sharks.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes if we have solid leadership on the field, no if we don't.
We need an inspirational captain, not necessarily a hard-working one...