The "R U OK ?" Thread

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good that you're getting treatment for it Caveman. Far better than trying to deal with it and letting things get beyond where you can cope. I hope you didn't daage yourself with the wall and window punching. And if you're explaining to your kids that it's ok to not be ok it's robably something that can help them later in life if they have issues of their own. Far too many people try to convey an image of infallibility to their kids and family and it might just mean that those kids try to live up to unrealistic standards.
My older kids understand I have mental health issues, however my actions were not normal, nor were they good, it's important that they understand that though we may suffer in certain ways, there are still consequences for unsuitable behaviour.

I'm glad it happened at home and not out and about, where I could have been charged for such damage.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My older kids understand I have mental health issues, however my actions were not normal, nor were they good, it's important that they understand that though we may suffer in certain ways, there are still consequences for unsuitable behaviour.

I'm glad it happened at home and not out and about, where I could have been charged for such damage.
We are here for a vent my bro.

PS I thought you were sticking to punching trees ;)

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Hang in there mate, it’s a shit of a thing to deal with but the fact you’re doing something about it and being proactive says a lot about you bud.

Take care of yourself and take the time you need to get to a good place mate.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on you, you have a big heart to think of others, when you’ve been through a lot. Losing love ones is tough. I lost my uncle as a young boy - he was like my dad. It’s been 30 years since he died and still miss him. Everyone needs someone to talk to, but people have to be brave and speak up when your down or need help.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Doing it tough today. My Mrs of 7 years just broke up with me

Feel like iv hit rock bottom in my life
Ouch bro, 7 years?

You sure it's over, over or she just venting from all this covid bullshit?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still in the mental hospital- witnessed the aftermath of a suicide of Eddie one of the inpatients after the cops cut him down.

It's screwed me big time
Terrible to hear mate.
I know you went in cause you were seeking help and last thing you need is to have to deal with other issues.
Im not great with words so Im choosing them very carefully.
I know what its like to struggle with head stuff to the point where I needed to reach out for help.
Im in no way saying I know what your going through, I just hope your on the mend.
I know we havent spoken on here but stranglely when looking on TK the other day I wondered how you were traveling because you said you were going in. Dont want to devuldge too much but I spent the sum of a few years in places where I needed help and it got hectic at times.
I hope you can move past this experience (not forgetting Eddie) so that you can get on with getting well yourself.
Anyways, always enjoyed your humor when posting on TK. Hopefully we will see more of it soon when your in a better head space.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said you guys, get well soon @Caveman.PS buddy you have to get on the footy field asap yeh!! we're expecting big(or underwhelming)things from you on field champion :laughing:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible to hear mate.
I know you went in cause you were seeking help and last thing you need is to have to deal with other issues.
Im not great with words so Im choosing them very carefully.
I know what its like to struggle with head stuff to the point where I needed to reach out for help.
Im in no way saying I know what your going through, I just hope your on the mend.
I know we havent spoken on here but stranglely when looking on TK the other day I wondered how you were traveling because you said you were going in. Dont want to devuldge too much but I spent the sum of a few years in places where I needed help and it got hectic at times.
I hope you can move past this experience (not forgetting Eddie) so that you can get on with getting well yourself.
Anyways, always enjoyed your humor when posting on TK. Hopefully we will see more of it soon when your in a better head space.
Beautiful post mate!

It's funny how some of the best people I know are on a website that I've never met in person.

It's great sharing the same passions, having a laugh, watching people go at it only to kiss and make up a day later, and the genuine care that is found throughout the people that make this forum.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beautiful post mate!

It's funny how some of the best people I know are on a website that I've never met in person.

It's great sharing the same passions, having a laugh, watching people go at it only to kiss and make up a day later, and the genuine care that is found throughout the people that make this forum.
Hope you're doing well mate

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doing it tough today. My Mrs of 7 years just broke up with me

Feel like iv hit rock bottom in my life
I hope you can take this as an opportunity to enjoy some of the things you felt selfish about doing when you were in a relationship.

7 Years is a fair chunk of time. And I've never been in a relationship close to that long. But I have a few friends who've been in similar situations that have looked back at their relationships after the initial shock and sadness of breakups and seen that it was actually a good thing that the relationship ended.

Life goes on and if you don't let this close you off to personal attachments you'll find someone else when you are ready.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope you can take this as an opportunity to enjoy some of the things you felt selfish about doing when you were in a relationship.

7 Years is a fair chunk of time. And I've never been in a relationship close to that long. But I have a few friends who've been in similar situations that have looked back at their relationships after the initial shock and sadness of breakups and seen that it was actually a good thing that the relationship ended.

Life goes on and if you don't let this close you off to personal attachments you'll find someone else when you are ready.
Thanks mate, It is just a big shock and a learning curve for me. Never had to deal with this before and its a different kind of pain

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks mate, It is just a big shock and a learning curve for me. Never had to deal with this before and its a different kind of pain
Normally my standard advice would be to have some nights out with mates and hit strip clubs etc. Things you'd get in trouble for in a rekationship. But Covid would prevent that right now. I'm not really good at talking through this kind of thing. But if you are feeling really down remember that there are numerous hotlines where you can talk through things.

Don't think you have to tough this out alone. Even an anonymous ear from one of the mental health hotlines can help you sort through things in your head before it gets overwhelming. Trying to deal with things alone can put you in a pretty negative cycle that exacerbates things.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Normally my standard advice would be to have some nights out with mates and hit strip clubs etc. Things you'd get in trouble for in a rekationship. But Covid would prevent that right now. I'm not really good at talking through this kind of thing. But if you are feeling really down remember that there are numerous hotlines where you can talk through things.

Don't think you have to tough this out alone. Even an anonymous ear from one of the mental health hotlines can help you sort through things in your head before it gets overwhelming. Trying to deal with things alone can put you in a pretty negative cycle that exacerbates things.
Thanks for the help mate. The hardest thing is that I was wanting to take the next step in the relationship within the next year or so.

Luckily I have a supportive family to help through but covid just makes it all that much worse