Rumour Buzz’s highlights, lowlights: Roosters eye shock signing, Choc’s latest Covidiot act, Burgess warning

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Melbourne Storm have quietly gone about signing another handy forward for next year.
Unlike Tevita Pangai Junior to the Bulldogs last week or Dale Finucane joining the Sharks, there are no back page headlines, not even a press release.

It’s typical of the way Melbourne Storm does business in signing little known players before developing them into outstanding footballers.

Bronson Garlick, 25, is the son of Garlos Pies owner and founder Sean Garlick.

He’s actually the sales and marketing manager for the business.

Bronson Garlick is on his way to Melbourne. Picture: NRL Photos

Bronson Garlick is on his way to Melbourne.

Garlick is also the captain of Newtown Jets in the NSW Cup and a handy edge forward who scored 11 tries this year before the competition was put on hold.

Interestingly he is 25 and a late bloomer. A bit like other older forwards Chris Lewis, 29, and Tom Eisenhuth, 29, who found their way to Storm in their mid-to-late 20s.

Garlick will join Storm on a minimum wage contract.

“We thought a professional career might have passed him by,” Sean Garlick said.

“He’s played hooker and halfback then started to get a bit bigger and moved to the forwards.

“It’s taken him a while to find his right spot but he’s been determined and persistent all along.

“Not many players get an opportunity to join a great organisation like Storm and we couldn’t be prouder of him.”

HIGHLIGHT

NRL players – thanks to the generosity of bookmakers Sportsbet – have now raised more than $250,000 from try-scoring celebrations over the last three weeks for Mose Masoe, who is facing such enormous medical challenges in recovering from his severe spinal injury.

LOWLIGHT

Panthers and NSW Blues lock Isaah Yeo gets whacked in the head by Broncos forward Thomas Flegler. His swinging arm has so much force that it knocks the Penrith captain unconscious before his head slams onto the ground. This is a send-off offence any day of the week, even more so in a season when the NRL was supposed to crack down on high shots. What a joke.

Anthony Mundine at Sydney’s Covid rally on Saturday.

Anthony Mundine at Sydney’s Covid rally on Saturday.

SPOTTED

Anthony Mundine at the disgraceful freedom rally on Saturday with all the other Covidiots. I like Choc a lot but his continual defiance of state laws designed to keep us all safe is so wrong.

SHOOSH

Which winger from a rival NRL club are the Sydney Roosters considering for the remainder of the season to ease their crisis with injuries to outside backs? They have a week to make it happen before the player signing deadline expires.

Tom Burgess’ cheeky gesture has earned him a warning.

Tom Burgess’ cheeky gesture has earned him a warning.

PLUG FOR PIES

Tom Burgess has escaped with a warning from the NRL over a cheeky advertising ploy. Last week Burgess dropped his shorts in the game against the Bulldogs to reveal a plug for Garlos Pies with their slogan ‘Big on Meat’ on the back of his budgie smugglers. Next time he’ll be fined.

It comes as Burgess and his model fiancee Model Tahlia Giumelli cancel their wedding venue and change the date of their big day due to Covid-19.

RALLY RAGE

And another front-rower in strife … the Sydney Roosters and the NRL were unimpressed that Sio Siua Taukeiaho used his Instagram account to promote the freedom rally last week at a time when the game is treating Covid and biosecurity so seriously.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Just retire u old bag.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would have to be Blake Ferguson to the Chooks.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s typical of the way Melbourne Storm does business in signing little known players before developing them into outstanding footballers.
What a joke is this. If Storm signed TPG or re-signed Finucane it would have been just as big news as it was for the Dogs or Sharks. When you look at the calibre of the signing they have made, they haven't gone about it quietly, in fact, they've gotten more press for this signing than most 25 year olds signing a minimum wage contract get.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vaccine isn't going to kill him, I've had my first shot and am still alive. ???
Yep but 50,000 Americans have died & 500,000 have had very serious side affects from it so there's that according to the CDC website & according to a Harvard study they (CDC) are recording between 1-10% of "adverse reactions" Something to think about when taking a "vaccine" that is still being trialled.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep but 50,000 Americans have died & 500,000 have had very serious side affects from it so there's that according to the CDC website & according to a Harvard study they (CDC) are recording between 1-10% of "adverse reactions" Something to think about when taking a "vaccine" that is still being trialled.
I've had a shot I im still alive, i didn't want to, but eventually if you don't you won't be allowed anywhere and will end up umemployable, people who have so called recovered from virus still don't feel right 12 months later. For country to start up, not worth worrying about the slightest chance dying 6 in 1 million from vaccine, should worry more about getting the covid desease and spreading it. Some people need to take there aluminium foil hats off.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've had a shot I im still alive, i didn't want to, but eventually if you don't you won't be allowed anywhere and will end up umemployable, people who have so called recovered from virus still don't feel right 12 months later. For country to start up, not worth worrying about the slightest chance dying 6 in 1 million from vaccine, should worry more about getting the covid desease and spreading it. Some people need to take there aluminium foil hats off.
So the CDC website & Harvard University are conspiracy theorists now? Why should I take it. 1 there has been 1 case where I am in a year. 2. I don't know any body who has had it & I don't know anybody who knows anybody who has had it in Australia. 3. The "vaccine" (if you want to call it that even though it doesn't fit the definition until a few weeks ago) is still in Emergency use only" mode. It has not been fully tested. 4. Why aren't they fully explaining & giving out information sheets on what the possible adverse affects can be? 5. Why did the inventor of this process say that it shouldn't have been used for this purpose? 6. There have been more adverse affects with this "vaccine" than all the other vaccines used in the World over the past 20 years. 7. The inventor of this procedure has said that it can take up to 6 months to fully see the affects of this "vaccine". 8. What do you say to the people who have died from the "vaccine" or are now permanently disabled because of the "vaccine". 8. Under the Nuremberg code it is illegal to force someone to take a vaccine when there are other effective treatments available & there are in this instance. 9. Why should I believe these leaders who tell us one thing & do another themselves? 10. Why should I believe these leaders who constantly lie to us & expect us to believe that this time they are telling the truth? 11. Virology 1.01 tells you that at the end of a virus' life, they are more infectious & less deadly like the current strain. 12. How can they possibly tell us what strain is what when the PCR test (according to the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/...-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html) cannot tell the difference between COVID & the normal flu which is why they are ending this test at the end of the year).

Please by all means convince me otherwise. The last time I took a flu vaccine I suffered the affects from it for more than 20 years so forgive me for being cautious.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the CDC website & Harvard University are conspiracy theorists now? Why should I take it. 1 there has been 1 case where I am in a year. 2. I don't know any body who has had it & I don't know anybody who knows anybody who has had it in Australia. 3. The "vaccine" (if you want to call it that even though it doesn't fit the definition until a few weeks ago) is still in Emergency use only" mode. It has not been fully tested. 4. Why aren't they fully explaining & giving out information sheets on what the possible adverse affects can be? 5. Why did the inventor of this process say that it shouldn't have been used for this purpose? 6. There have been more adverse affects with this "vaccine" than all the other vaccines used in the World over the past 20 years. 7. The inventor of this procedure has said that it can take up to 6 months to fully see the affects of this "vaccine". 8. What do you say to the people who have died from the "vaccine" or are now permanently disabled because of the "vaccine". 8. Under the Nuremberg code it is illegal to force someone to take a vaccine when there are other effective treatments available & there are in this instance. 9. Why should I believe these leaders who tell us one thing & do another themselves? 10. Why should I believe these leaders who constantly lie to us & expect us to believe that this time they are telling the truth? 11. Virology 1.01 tells you that at the end of a virus' life, they are more infectious & less deadly like the current strain. 12. How can they possibly tell us what strain is what when the PCR test (according to the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/...-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html) cannot tell the difference between COVID & the normal flu which is why they are ending this test at the end of the year).

Please by all means convince me otherwise. The last time I took a flu vaccine I suffered the affects from it for more than 20 years so forgive me for being cautious.
I understand what your saying, i only got it cause sooner or later it will be required for work. I had my first shot at 11am, at 9.30pm my head neck and chest felt like I was on fire, i was shivering jumped in bed fully clothed shaking thinking I was freezing, lucky wife made me cool down, day 2 bit light headed tired lethargic, day 3 same, 4th day not to bad. If your out of Sydney metro area I wouldn't want to get it either.But you would have to be careful it isn't passed onto someone in your town, which is hard to stop.
More of a worry are people that are immunocompromised.Sooner or later it will be in a child's immunization. Imagine if we all rejected getting polio vaccine, how would that go.
And no I don't like anything forced on me either.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, i only got it cause sooner or later it will be required for work. I had my first shot at 11am, at 9.30pm my head neck and chest felt like I was on fire, i was shivering jumped in bed fully clothed shaking thinking I was freezing, lucky wife made me cool down, day 2 bit light headed tired lethargic, day 3 same, 4th day not to bad. If your out of Sydney metro area I wouldn't want to get it either. But you would have to be careful it isn't passed onto someone in your town, which is hard to stop.
More of a worry are people that are immunocompromised. Sooner or later it will be in a child's immunization. Imagine if we all rejected getting polio vaccine, how would that go.
And no I don't like anything forced on me either.
The leaders all around the world had their own pandemic plans & threw them out the window as soon as things hit the fan. It has certainly shown who are leaders & who aren't. I don't think it's like the polio vaccine though, this one hasn't been fully tested yet for starters. They aren't taking into account people who have had it either so they shouldn't have to be vaccinated either. I had all the kids vaccines when I was young but still got measles, German measles & chicken pox. The latter at 25 & was hospitalised, so vaccines aren't necessarily a panacea.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You should have a choice.. everyones body is different & reacts differently..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
4.Why aren't they fully explaining & giving out information sheets on what the possible adverse affects can be?
7. The inventor of this procedure has said that it can take up to 6 months to fully see the affects of this "vaccine". 8. What do you say to the people who have died from the "vaccine" or are now permanently disabled because of the "vaccine".
I fully understand your nervousness and your opinion does matter, you know the old saying different strokes for different folks? That is true and no one should ever dismiss what you feel or think.

No 4: Do you mean as in problems with the vaccine or the reaction itself to the actual jab?

If it is the second they give you a sheet with all the known side effects and if you are nervous can see your GP beforehand to voice any concerns and get a physical checkup as I did.

If it is the first, with a lot of medical interventions ALL side effects are not known until the vaccine or whatever has been in use for many years. Investigation and developing the vaccine used data and research from SARS in 2002 and MERS in 2012 on which there had been considerable work done , giving researchers a head start so has been in the pipeline for considerably longer than six months. I guess from the time it became apparent that there was an issue late 2019 and early 2020 the clock was ticking on development of something to combat the virus.

Imagine if the polio vaccine for example was pulled after this happened ( and this probably addresses your point s 7& 8) Hells bells I remember lining up for the polio jab at our local council chambers and I was scared silly. I would have been about 6 or 7 and the line in front of me snaked for seemed like miles....

I nervously fell into a long line of fellow first graders in the gymnasium of St. Louis’ Hamilton Elementary School in the spring of 1955. We were waiting for our first injection of the new polio vaccine.

The National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis – with money raised through its annual March of Dimes campaign – had sponsored field tests for a vaccine developed by Jonas Salk. The nonprofit had acquired sufficient doses to inoculate all the nation’s first and second graders through simultaneous rollouts administered at their elementary schools. The goal was to give 30 million shots over three months.

Now, more than six decades later, attention focuses on the rollout of two COVID-19 vaccines, following their emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. States have begun to administer them in a rocky and frustratingly slow delivery process – while hundreds of thousands of new cases continue to be diagnosed daily in the U.S.

While not necessarily comforting, it is useful to recognize that the early days and weeks of mass distribution of a new medication, particularly one that is intended to address a fearful epidemic, are bound to be frustrating. Only after examining the complex polio vaccine distribution process as documented in papers collected in the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library did I come to understand how partial my childhood memories actually were.

Vaccine distribution, 65 years ago
After I received my polio shot, I remember my parents’ relief.

The polio virus causes flu-like symptoms in most people who catch it. But in a minority of those infected, the brain and spinal cord are affected; polio can cause paralysis and even death. With the distribution of Salk’s vaccine, the much-feared stalker of children and young adults had seemingly been tamed. Within days, however, the initial mass inoculation program went off the rails.

Jonas Salk poses with a flask in lab

The world initially rejoiced as Salk’s vaccine came online. He declined to patent it, to make it available to all. PhotoQues/Archive Photos via Getty Images

Immediately following the government’s licensing of the Salk vaccine, the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis contracted with private drug companies for US$9 million worth of vaccine (around $87 million today) – about 90% of the stock. They planned to provide it free to the country’s first and second graders. But just two weeks after the first doses were administered, the Public Health Service reported that six inoculated children had come down with polio.

As the number of such incidents grew, it became clear that some of the shots were causing the disease they were meant to prevent. A single lab had inadvertently released adulterated doses.

After considerable fumbling and outright denial, Surgeon General Leonard Steele first pulled all tainted vaccine off the market. Then, less than a month after the initial inoculations, the U.S. shut down distribution entirely. It wasn’t until the introduction of a new polio vaccine in 1960, created by Albert Sabin, that public trust returned.

History’s lessons for 2021
This story offers several lessons relevant to the COVID-19 vaccine distribution just now getting rolling.

First, federal coordination of an emergent lifesaving medical product is critical.

The federal government had declined to play an active oversight and coordination role for the polio vaccine, but still wanted the credit. The federal Department of Health, Education and Welfare (now Health and Human Services) offered no plan for distribution beyond the privately funded school-based program.

The department waited a full month after the vaccine was first administered before bringing together a permanent scientific clearance panel. That delay had less to do with formal procedures than with the ideological opposition of Health, Education and Welfare Secretary Oveta Culp Hobby.

Hobby was a political appointee who had taken office just months before the vaccine was approved. Her reluctance to involve the federal government in matters that she believed were best left in private hands – and her oft-stated fear of “socialized medicine” – meant that safety checks would be left to the private labs producing the vaccine. The results immediately caused dire problems and even avoidable deaths.

Second, the polio vaccine distribution process demonstrated how vital it is for the federal government to act in ways deserving of public trust.

In those hopeful first few weeks of the polio vaccine distribution, those of us lining up for shots had little to fear beyond the sting of an injection. That changed quickly.

Once some children had in fact been harmed by the shot, obfuscation by government officials, clumsy explanations and delayed responses engulfed the entire production and distribution process in confusion and suspicion. Trust in the government and the vaccine eroded accordingly. Gallup polls found that by June 1955, almost half of the parents who responded said they would not take any further vaccine shots – and the full regimen of polio inoculation required three doses. In 1958, some drug companies halted production, citing “public apathy.” It wasn’t surprising to see a startling upsurge in polio in 1959, doubling cases from the previous year.

Today, with COVID-19 already highly politicized – polls suggest that a minority of Americans will decline to take any vaccine – it is critical to administer an effective vaccine delivery program in a manner that builds trust rather than undermines it.

Scattered reports of allergic reactions to the COVID-19 vaccine have generated not the denials of the Eisenhower administration but rather honest and realistic responses from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Particularly for vaccines that require multiple inoculations – both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two shots administered with a 21- or 28-day gap – mass inoculations will require not just an initial willingness to get the first dose but the maintenance of trust sufficient to get people back for the followup.

There are significant differences in the social-political contexts of the era in which the polio vaccine was distributed and today, including the nature and threat of the two diseases and the technologies of the vaccines. But time and again, the COVID-19 pandemic has revealed disconcerting parallels with mistakes made in the past. The good news is vaccination works – no case of polio has originated in the U.S. since 1979.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Vaccine isn't going to kill him, I've had my first shot and am still alive. ???
For the moment, see how you feel after the second shot alters your DNA, there’s a very good reason that vaccines take over 10 years to properly formulate and you’ve just put something in your body that was developed in 12 months and is synthetic! Bloody fools letting the government injecting you with fuck knows what’s in it! Useful lemmings, all following one another of a cliff face led by the clown politicians lmfao

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I fully understand your nervousness and your opinion does matter, you know the old saying different strokes for different folks? That is true and no one should ever dismiss what you feel or think.

No 4: Do you mean as in problems with the vaccine or the reaction itself to the actual jab?

If it is the second they give you a sheet with all the known side effects and if you are nervous can see your GP beforehand to voice any concerns and get a physical checkup as I did.

If it is the first, with a lot of medical interventions ALL side effects are not known until the vaccine or whatever has been in use for many years. Investigation and developing the vaccine used data and research from SARS in 2002 and MERS in 2012 on which there had been considerable work done , giving researchers a head start so has been in the pipeline for considerably longer than six months. I guess from the time it became apparent that there was an issue late 2019 and early 2020 the clock was ticking on development of something to combat the virus.

Imagine if the polio vaccine for example was pulled after this happened ( and this probably addresses your point s 7& 8) Hells bells I remember lining up for the polio jab at our local council chambers and I was scared silly. I would have been about 6 or 7 and the line in front of me snaked for seemed like miles....

I nervously fell into a long line of fellow first graders in the gymnasium of St. Louis’ Hamilton Elementary School in the spring of 1955. We were waiting for our first injection of the new polio vaccine.

The National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis – with money raised through its annual March of Dimes campaign – had sponsored field tests for a vaccine developed by Jonas Salk. The nonprofit had acquired sufficient doses to inoculate all the nation’s first and second graders through simultaneous rollouts administered at their elementary schools. The goal was to give 30 million shots over three months.

Now, more than six decades later, attention focuses on the rollout of two COVID-19 vaccines, following their emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. States have begun to administer them in a rocky and frustratingly slow delivery process – while hundreds of thousands of new cases continue to be diagnosed daily in the U.S.

While not necessarily comforting, it is useful to recognize that the early days and weeks of mass distribution of a new medication, particularly one that is intended to address a fearful epidemic, are bound to be frustrating. Only after examining the complex polio vaccine distribution process as documented in papers collected in the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library did I come to understand how partial my childhood memories actually were.

Vaccine distribution, 65 years ago
After I received my polio shot, I remember my parents’ relief.

The polio virus causes flu-like symptoms in most people who catch it. But in a minority of those infected, the brain and spinal cord are affected; polio can cause paralysis and even death. With the distribution of Salk’s vaccine, the much-feared stalker of children and young adults had seemingly been tamed. Within days, however, the initial mass inoculation program went off the rails.

Jonas Salk poses with a flask in lab

The world initially rejoiced as Salk’s vaccine came online. He declined to patent it, to make it available to all. PhotoQues/Archive Photos via Getty Images

Immediately following the government’s licensing of the Salk vaccine, the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis contracted with private drug companies for US$9 million worth of vaccine (around $87 million today) – about 90% of the stock. They planned to provide it free to the country’s first and second graders. But just two weeks after the first doses were administered, the Public Health Service reported that six inoculated children had come down with polio.

As the number of such incidents grew, it became clear that some of the shots were causing the disease they were meant to prevent. A single lab had inadvertently released adulterated doses.

After considerable fumbling and outright denial, Surgeon General Leonard Steele first pulled all tainted vaccine off the market. Then, less than a month after the initial inoculations, the U.S. shut down distribution entirely. It wasn’t until the introduction of a new polio vaccine in 1960, created by Albert Sabin, that public trust returned.

History’s lessons for 2021
This story offers several lessons relevant to the COVID-19 vaccine distribution just now getting rolling.

First, federal coordination of an emergent lifesaving medical product is critical.

The federal government had declined to play an active oversight and coordination role for the polio vaccine, but still wanted the credit. The federal Department of Health, Education and Welfare (now Health and Human Services) offered no plan for distribution beyond the privately funded school-based program.

The department waited a full month after the vaccine was first administered before bringing together a permanent scientific clearance panel. That delay had less to do with formal procedures than with the ideological opposition of Health, Education and Welfare Secretary Oveta Culp Hobby.

Hobby was a political appointee who had taken office just months before the vaccine was approved. Her reluctance to involve the federal government in matters that she believed were best left in private hands – and her oft-stated fear of “socialized medicine” – meant that safety checks would be left to the private labs producing the vaccine. The results immediately caused dire problems and even avoidable deaths.

Second, the polio vaccine distribution process demonstrated how vital it is for the federal government to act in ways deserving of public trust.

In those hopeful first few weeks of the polio vaccine distribution, those of us lining up for shots had little to fear beyond the sting of an injection. That changed quickly.

Once some children had in fact been harmed by the shot, obfuscation by government officials, clumsy explanations and delayed responses engulfed the entire production and distribution process in confusion and suspicion. Trust in the government and the vaccine eroded accordingly. Gallup polls found that by June 1955, almost half of the parents who responded said they would not take any further vaccine shots – and the full regimen of polio inoculation required three doses. In 1958, some drug companies halted production, citing “public apathy.” It wasn’t surprising to see a startling upsurge in polio in 1959, doubling cases from the previous year.

Today, with COVID-19 already highly politicized – polls suggest that a minority of Americans will decline to take any vaccine – it is critical to administer an effective vaccine delivery program in a manner that builds trust rather than undermines it.

Scattered reports of allergic reactions to the COVID-19 vaccine have generated not the denials of the Eisenhower administration but rather honest and realistic responses from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Particularly for vaccines that require multiple inoculations – both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two shots administered with a 21- or 28-day gap – mass inoculations will require not just an initial willingness to get the first dose but the maintenance of trust sufficient to get people back for the follow up.

There are significant differences in the social-political contexts of the era in which the polio vaccine was distributed and today, including the nature and threat of the two diseases and the technologies of the vaccines. But time and again, the COVID-19 pandemic has revealed disconcerting parallels with mistakes made in the past. The good news is vaccination works – no case of polio has originated in the U.S. since 1979.
Vaccinations can work, but they should be fully tested first. The people in power & the media have scared people silly over this COVID-19 which have a survivability rate of over 99%. The shutting down of treatments that work, like Ivermectin & Hydroxychloroquine that have proven more effective against COVID than the vaccine & with little or no side affects, is criminal. Also the shutting down of any speech with views differing from the people in power even from World renowned virologists & front line doctors is an utter disgrace.

The people in power need to explain their actions rather than just say trust us & let other experts debate them. If they are right, they shouldn't be afraid to debate. Throwing out the pandemic playbook is another error & is causing unnecessary mistakes to be made. They have told so many lies & not abided by their own policies which leads me to distrust them.

They are calling this a vaccine but they have had to change the definition of what a vaccine is to fit it in & even the inventor of this process says it shouldn't be used for this.

As they say my body my choice & at the moment the risk of getting COVID here is very low & the so-called Delta variant suggests it is the end of the line virus that spreads quickly but not deadly to most. Protect the old & infirm & let the World get back to normal. The leaders are having far too much fun with their new powers to let them go so easily though.