Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The thing that gets me fucking aroused is basically all our new recruits have a point to prove and a chip on their shoulder, there has been drama surrounding each of their signings with us. I think Vaughn will be the one with the biggest point to prove to everyone after everything he has copped!
I lol'ed fucking aroused lol

I agree with your post brother.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we aren’t challenging for top 6 next year something is wrong
If we get a bit of luck with injuries we should go close. Really from 6 or 7 down this year teams have been very inconsistent you only got to look at their for and against. As long as we don’t drop games we should win I reckon we are a chance.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm actually more excited about him coming over than Duff.... Duffty has been terrible all season.
I mean they're both not pretty signings. I'd agree with you here.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we get a bit of luck with injuries we should go close. Really from 6 or 7 down this year teams have been very inconsistent you only got to look at their for and against.
I agree as our pack looks good. The 1 and 6 should be covered with Burton, JAC/Dufty but we still have an issue with 7 and 9. Gus is talking about Flange getting a shot and Barrett is talking up JMK so we still have plenty of grey.. I think the 9 is still the biggest issue because Burton will dominate the halves but teams roll around the 9 so much more these days and i think JMK is a 14 or back up 9 at best.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I rate him attack but like most his lack of defence and reading the game is a massive problem.
Yeh his defence can be scrappy. Might be a motivation thing we can fix hopefully. Either that or our defence up front improves a lot so less make it through to fb

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree as our pack looks good. The 1 and 6 should be covered with Burton, JAC/Dufty but we still have an issue with 7 and 9. Gus is talking about Flange getting a shot and Barrett is talking up JMK so we still have plenty of grey.. I think the 9 is still the biggest issue because Burton will dominate the halves but teams roll around the 9 so much more these days and i think JMK is a 14 or back up 9 at best.
100% mate my personal thoughts are Dufty is competition for Allan they will duke it out for fullback. BBO looking more like a first grader every week and will pressure Flange and JMK. If nothing else have created a bit more competition for spots because there hasn’t been much of late..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate you can’t judge a hooker if your forward pack isn’t dominating.
I judge from what I see and JMK's one of the worst hookers in the NRL (around the 16th best hooker in the NRL). If a better forward pack makes him at least average (around the top 8 hookers) we're probably going to need better anyways. I've seen enough of JMK to know we need better as a starting hooker. I think it's unrealistic to say JMK's going to improve too much.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs will obviously improve next year but I still think they will fall short of the 8 unless they can pick up a number 9 and a halfback. Also from what I’ve seen at Penrith, Matt Burton is a better centre than he is a five eighth. I’m not sold on Pangai Or Vaughan as a signing and Dufty has huge defensive issues. Addo Carr I’d by far the Dogs best signing but he’ll need help.