Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if they sign him now they have to pay him whilst suspended, makes no sense to do that as i becomes part of this years cap, may as well wait until Nov 21 then sign him for a start in pre season.
They dont need to wait he's been sacked we can just sign him now starting next year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the problem is what we pay him for this year whilst he doesn’t play. The NRL probably won’t allow us to pay him minimum wage just to train.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Or does the 8 weeks only start if he has a live contract?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Surely if he's signed for season 2022 in a contract then that doesn't require us to pay 2021? Sounds odd?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep hearing this but honestly I can’t see how it wouldn’t just be a straight answer.

Why would this take weeks to make a decision on how he is to serve his suspension?
Seems ridiculous to me.
It is the NRLol and they are a fucking joke

Malla

Reaction score
You would have to think he's locked in but who knows.

Interested to see if Klemmer's availability has anything to do with the lag in singing.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ok, go yell at the girl at reception, or social media intern

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good analogy mate :-).
I’m just not sure on Vaughan.
Good footy player and I guess that’s what we have to look at but culture wise it’s a worry.
Gus wouldn’t take any nonsense though.
Maybe the hefty penalty he’s paid for his stupidity (not just the BBQ) brings him crashing back down to earth.
You couldn’t see him fucking up again. He would have strict guidelines in this next contract. He will also want to be a good boy to raise his value after two years and if he fucks this up his career could be over.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You couldn’t see him fucking up again. He would have strict guidelines in this next contract. He will also want to be a good boy to raise his value after two years and if he fucks this up his career could be over.
He’s 30 already, so likely his next contract is his last regardless. He’ll want to be a very good boy wherever he ends up to get through to 32/33 in the NRL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Signing Klemmer instead :innocent:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan could be waiting to see if he gets a better offer rather than signing with us on the cheap. It's possible others could see value in signing him for a little more than what we're offering.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The faster we sign him his 8 week suspended commences.
His already serving it. Hes cleared to play rd 1 next year whether he signs with a club now or at seasons end

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he has been our best player this year, no one is as consistent as him. Just look at the 3-2-1 threads every week, he’s always there. And you always harp on about his attack, but looking at the game on the weekend we scored 24 points. You can win a game with 24 points, but your not going to win if you concede 44. If Jackson wasn’t there and if Johnson didn’t get injured it would of been 60 plus.
Our overall talent in the team is very mediocre so to be the best in this team isn't as hard as being the best in any top four team. In fact if Jackson was in any top four team he would be on the bench. I'll go as far to say Jackson could be a bench forward for us next year. He is all heart yes but he doesn't offload, doesn't make line breaks or try assist so it's hard to see him being anywhere near the top 20 forwards in the comp. And he is our best?!! On top of that his captaincy is questionable but in a team like this, he is the best out of a bad bunch.

I'm not saying we don't keep him but if a better option came along then I wouldn't be too upset if he was moved on. He has been a great player for us but the past few years he hasn't been at his best.