Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
F**k the 200k, i would rather get a better player, Jackson offers nothing in attack he isn't a second rower and is past his best years ago.and no player would ask for 100k extra to captain side.
Mate he has been our best player this year, no one is as consistent as him. Just look at the 3-2-1 threads every week, he’s always there. And you always harp on about his attack, but looking at the game on the weekend we scored 24 points. You can win a game with 24 points, but your not going to win if you concede 44. If Jackson wasn’t there and if Johnson didn’t get injured it would of been 60 plus.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate he has been our best player this year, no one is as consistent as him. Just look at the 3-2-1 threads every week, he’s always there. And you always harp on about his attack, but looking at the game on the weekend we scored 24 points. You can win a game with 24 points, but your not going to win if you concede 44. If Jackson wasn’t there and if Johnson didn’t get injured it would of been 60 plus.
i agree with you but i wouldnt base it on the 3-2-1 posts from some of the uneducated people on here lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
F**k the 200k, i would rather get a better player, Jackson offers nothing in attack he isn't a second rower and is past his best years ago.and no player would ask for 100k extra to captain side.
I have posted this numerous times;
Once more, Jackson's "price" isn't high, the only "price" that matters is what is included in the Cap.

It's important to always keep in mind that the average for a player in the 30 is $9.5m / 30 = ~$317k

The only thing that farkin matters is how much is in the Cap, what is not in the Cap is totally irrelevant. For a start we would loose the $200k veteran player allowance (unless we want to give to to Hopoate, who I think is our only other qualifier) and the player that replaces Jackson at Captain could easily ask for up to $100k increase for taking on the responsibility. In typical journalist fashion you can bet the sometimes reported $700k includes things that aren't in the Cap, a car for a start and if I remember rightly Jackson is also on an education allowance. So moving Jackson on may well really only save ~$350k in the Cap.

In Cap terms Jackson is only just above the average for the top 30 player and obviously below the average for top 17 player.
Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson, Jackson and Averillo have been our best 3 players this year.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. Jackson is spent. You see him run a good line, hoping that he will break the tackle but just doesn't happen.

He will probably need to take 300k or something in his next contract if he wants to stay because he's not worth anything over 500k.

Malla

Reaction score
Would the Klemmer rumour's have anything to do with this going quiet?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hooper said today that it's a $1.04 chance of happening (grain of salt of course).

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree on all fronts there. Very good price if we can get him for that. Not sure if that would be his notional value under the cap tho?
another point, if the BBQ was at say Dufty's place, would we still think the same of Vaughn?
Fair point but I think the fact that he's price has significantly gone down is what makes it more the worthwhile, at 700-800k I don't think the club would have been interested

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. Jackson is spent. You see him run a good line, hoping that he will break the tackle but just doesn't happen.

He will probably need to take 300k or something in his next contract if he wants to stay because he's not worth anything over 500k.
this is a Vaughan thread i'd just like to point out....lol

NO way known is Jacko getting another contract still has over 2 years to get through this one! Not knocking a great clubman but that will see him out definitely imo.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have posted this numerous times;

Always a Bulldog
Missing the point, i wouldn't sign him for 1 dollar, he is a flogged carcus that offers nothing in attack, for a second rower thats pathetic.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this is a Vaughan thread i'd just like to point out....lol

NO way known is Jacko getting another contract still has over 2 years to get through this one! Not knocking a great clubman but that will see him out definitely imo.
That's 2 years too long, move him on now, do you want to be nice or win a premiership.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i must admit I have been frustrated with Jackson the past 3-4 years but this year UNDER Barrett he has improved

Reactions: ATT

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's 2 years too long, move him on now, do you want to be nice or win a premiership.
Your harsher than me lol but I agree in some ways.
Offers nothing in attack anymore but very good defensively can we "carry" one guy like that in our pack? Maybe but not sure for another 2 years...think there will be a tough decision confronting them maybe towards the end of next year..

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's easy get someone that can tackle and score trys, this ol flog can't. And the 3 2 1 is pathetic look at the side they would struggle playing park footy, the days of just a defensive back rower are long gone, stop living in the past if you don't want to be a loser.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funniest quote of the year. I’m literally in stitches. Thanks XR6T. That’s why I read the kennel
All good bro.
Better than slashing our wrists about every little thing, like some on here.....