Why does Schoupp get a free pass?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
pretty ironic

Watching our team yesterday who is of first grade standard in your humble opinion?
Pretty much the entire sharks 17 ...

It’s hard to tell until they are better coached. Furner needs to answer some serious questions.... if not Barrett himself

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you watch the Katoa try, clearly Okunbor just runs in off his wing for no reason hahahahah, wake up and watch the game
I'm surprised theres no okunbor thread made so many errors miss read the opposition attack plays missed tackles dropped balls was horrible to watch

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think any player should be taking the full responsibility for the defensive errors including Okonbur.

Our structures have been terrible for years then you mix that with countless player changes in the backline and it's no surprise we are leaking points badly. The confidence levels in each other are probably shot as well. It's not improving this year that's for sure.

On Schoupp I would like to see a bit more from him then just running the ball hard. I haven't seen that much of him since he joined the club but seeing some ball skills and how much pace he has in the open would be nice.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s not what happened at all. Some of you don’t have the faintest idea what you’re talking about.
You are actually clueless, try watching a game ffs, nobody said Schoupp is blameless but Okunbor is a defensive disaster

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
alamotti won’t even be 18 a
T the start of next season. He’s out long term centre, but won’t be there to start next year. Schoupp to back row? Come on, man. Surely you jest,
Holy crap you've hijacked the thread LOL
I have no idea when Almaoti turns 18 but Baz said don't be surprised if he's the starting centre in Rd 1 next year so it's got to be before then
I can see Schoup getting a run in the back row....maybe at the expense of you know who

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whst were the blokes inside them doing though.m? Okunbor and Allan had little choice. Their inside men were not sliding.
That’s what I’m saying, our whole defensive line structure and decision making is flawed, this whole team doesn’t seem to be smart enough to work together etc, I would be just making it extremely easy for them and tell them, just mark your bloody man, if they score inside the wingers, we’ll so be it, but don’t just leave an unmarked winger outside to just walk over

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Are you saying that Phil Gould think Okunbor is a good player?
Yes..... he has often spoken about it in commentary and okunbor was re-signed after he joined the club. Clearly he thinks he is a good player..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no idea when Almaoti turns 18 but Baz said don't be surprised if he's the starting centre in Rd 1 next year so it's got to be before then
I can see Schoup getting a run in the back row....maybe at the expense of you know who
When did Baz say that, hasn't even played a game against men yet? And not playing any type of footy now? Promising no doubt but ready for rd 1 or even rd 8 I have big doubts...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You are actually clueless, try watching a game ffs, nobody said Schoupp is blameless but Okunbor is a defensive disaster
No you are just unable to read the nuances of the game. It is crystal clear to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the fake thst our defensive issues are evident across the whole defensive line snd blaming a winger who has only been in the side for 2 weeks hir problems which have been evident all year is absurd.

Okunbor is no more to blame than Schoupp, Waddell or anyone else defending on that side.

if you look at the katoa try, if okunbor had just stayed on his wing he’d have left a gaping hole between himself and Schoupp. He’s damned if he dies, damned if he doesn’t. Literally a no win situation.

Reactions: GDR

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did Baz say that, hasn't even played a game against men yet? And not playing any type of footy now? Promising no doubt but ready for rd 1 or even rd 8 I have big doubts...
It was in a members only forum earlier in the year. I'm pretty sure Alamoti trained with the FG side this year in the preseason so Baz would have seen him up close. Plus with some players you just know they're going to be guns so if Baz thinks he's ready I'll go with that. Baz even called him a gun in a press conference a few weeks ago.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How have I hijabked the thread by replying to your point?

I think if you think Schoupp u
As a hope in helm of cracking our back row next year, you’re on some pretty good grass....lol.

What is it about him that makes you think he is a remote chance of cracking the back row? Ged have more chance of discovering the cure for COVID.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks a gun agreed but dunno if they will throw him in DEEP early next year though?...already read he has defensive deficiencies too, can see how that will end on critique central aka The Kennel... LOL

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying, our whole defensive line structure and decision making is flawed, this whole team doesn’t seem to be smart enough to work together etc, I would be just making it extremely easy for them and tell them, just mark your bloody man, if they score inside the wingers, we’ll so be it, but don’t just leave an unmarked winger outside to just walk over
That’s not how footy works. If the team isn’t sliding, the winger has to find in to st least make them throw that final pass..if the team doesn’t slide, it all breaks down. Just as it does if a lone player rushes in unnecessarily.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Looks a gun agreed but dunno if they will throw him in DEEP early next year though?...already read he has defensive deficiencies too, can see how that will end on critique central aka The Kennel... LOL
Well at least he will offer something other than “strong runs” and a shit haircut. Lol

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No you are just unable to read the nuances of the game. It is crystal clear to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the fake thst our defensive issues are evident across the whole defensive line snd blaming a winger who has only been in the side for 2 weeks hir problems which have been evident all year is absurd.

Okunbor is no more to blame than Schoupp, Waddell or anyone else defending on that side.

if you look at the katoa try, if okunbor had just stayed on his wing he’d have left a gaping hole between himself and Schoupp. He’s damned if he dies, damned if he doesn’t. Literally a no win situation.
Stop being an Okunbor fan boy , first 2 weeks back and he has been shit

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a shame there are no reserves at the moment.... okunbor is playing because he is seen as a viable back up option for next test, he needs to get some running under his belt and there’s no reggies atm. He us far from solely responsible for problems that have plagued us all year.
Our edge defense has been terrible all year creating issues for the rest of the team.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well at least he will offer something other than “strong runs” and a shit haircut. Lol
What does Schoupp’s haircut have to do with anything? Okunbor has potential to be good but has been soft since coming back and has always been terrible defensively, it’s just a fact. U can’t use Paps to defend Okunbor walking into every run so far .. Jayden is 6 inches taller and 20 kgs heavier than Paps who could be 1 more bad head knock away from having to retire so it’s not really the same