Why does Schoupp get a free pass?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliot is the dumbest **** in our footy club and that’s saying something with Napa on the roster and you give that stupid prick a pass. But let’s have a go at the 19 year old who is finding his way in first grade. Good work you
This illustrates my point perfectly. Some of you habitually single out certain players for excessive and unnecessary criticism (even when they are not playing), yet you single out the lost modestly talented players snd heal them with excessive criticism.

I have not ever tried to visit Elliott has been at his best this year. If you were honest, you’d admit Schoupp still has a lot of problems with his game defensively and isn’t first grade ready.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of you don’t have the faintest idea what you’re talking about.
pretty ironic

This illustrates my point perfectly. Some of you habitually single out certain players for excessive and unnecessary criticism (even when they are not playing), yet you single out the lost modestly talented players snd heal them with excessive criticism.

I have not ever tried to visit Elliott has been at his best this year. If you were honest, you’d admit Schoupp still has a lot of problems with his game defensively and isn’t first grade ready.
Watching our team yesterday who is of first grade standard in your humble opinion?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Every player in the team is accountable so I don't necessarily think Schoupp gets a free pass. He has been OK this year IMO. His defence needs work and I've haven't seen too much class from him in attack (although to be fair he hasn't had any early ball). His best attribute is the yardage he makes every game coming out of our own end.

Personally I can see him shifting to the backrow because I see Naden and Alamoti as our starting centres next year as they are both attacking guns
alamotti won’t even be 18 a
T the start of next season. He’s out long term centre, but won’t be there to start next year. Schoupp to back row? Come on, man. Surely you jest,

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Schoupp is our only back that consistently gets over the ad line. Acknowledging his defence needs work, look at who is inside of him Corey Waddell, notoriously known for jersey grabbing and outside is Okunbor who couldn't mark up on his winger if his life depended on it.
Okunbor cant stand out on the wing if the whole team is condensed in the middle of the field and fails to slide. He is not responsible for schoupp’s deficiencies. Okunbor msy gafe a place in this team long term. Schoupp does not.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And Allan did the exact same thing on numerous occasions on the other side of the field, the whole defensive structure is flawed, would love to know what Furner gets paid to do
Whst were the blokes inside them doing though.m? Okunbor and Allan had little choice. Their inside men were not sliding.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Papi has earned that free pass though... Okunbur has not.
What a weird argument. Injuries affect the confidence of almost all returning players, no matter how well established they are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He gets a pass because his a 20 year old rookie. With a grand total of around 6-7 nrl games under his belt.
Okunbor is two games into a return after a serious, almost season long injury, yet you’re all happy to sharpen the pitchforks for him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I feel sorry for anyone defending next to Okunbur and Tui Katoa. He basically has to cover two and three players each time they go down that side.

He makes good metres, he's still very young and he's had several good games. Why you'd want to single him out of all people is beyond me.
Lol sure husks everyone around him. Nobody else is responsible for Schoupp running out of the line like an idiot.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We're getting the spoon so I'm happy to see some of these kids get experience. I'd like to see Heleta given a shot on the wing ahead of Okunbur now. When we have a better side next year decisions will be made about who fits in, if the powers that be don't think he's good enough then he'll play NSW cup.
He should be there now. He is a defensive liability shd ge completely let his teammates down with the covid bubble incident. A young player should be eager to do everything to make the most of his opportunities in first grade. This idiot was willing to jeopardise the entire competition weeks after making his first grade debut.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The whole team makes bad defensive reads,not just schoupp,it's a snowball effect.
This is true.... yet people are more than happy to blame everything on our wingers....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Okunbor shouldn't be picked in first grade he needs to recover from injuries in reserves,
Our defence out wide has been terrible all year, we have to stop tries before we score them !
The available solution
1 Meaney
2 Schoupp / Allen
3 Allen / Schoupp
4 Lewis...no one else defends better / he isn't a 6 or 7
5 Cotric
Yeah it’s a shame there are no reserves at the moment.... okunbor is playing because he is seen as a viable back up option for next test, he needs to get some running under his belt and there’s no reggies atm. He us far from solely responsible for problems that have plagued us all year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
you’re deluded. first elliot now okunbor, for some reason you gravitate towards shit players and think they’re origin worthy
I never said anything about okunbor playing origin. I’m just questioning why some players are singled out and done are exempt from criticism over problems which plague our whole defensive line.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All three of Lewis, Schoupp and Okunbur cost tries down that side. teams should have a field day against that trio.
It’s not just their fault though. The whole defensive line is a shambles.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
well the only hole you are cresting is adams
I dreamt I was playing putt putt last night. By the time my turn came around, the hole had cracked and widened. I wonder if it was a metaphor...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not a great defensive game but still had 17 hit ups for 126m.. a lot better than the other 3 outside backs. Still a kid learning his trade.. give him a break.
Nah.... I don’t like his attitude. Can’t wait til alamotti is ready

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol at this thread.
Schoupp is a young gun plenty of time for him to learn, unlike Okunbor who is just pure shit and won’t improve.
Phil Gould thinks otherwise, but hey, you guys are the experts.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
alamotti won’t even be 18 a
T the start of next season. He’s out long term centre, but won’t be there to start next year. Schoupp to back row? Come on, man. Surely you jest,
Depends on when the season starts. His b'day is March 17. This season started March 11, so at worst he won't be able to play week 1, unless the club gets an exemption.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Depends on when the season starts. His b'day is March 17. This season started March 11, so at worst he won't be able to play week 1, unless the club gets an exemption.
Awesome. Schoupp is nothing next to this kid.