Opinion Hetherington

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke really needs to buck up, Thompson is running on average 140 metres a week, this bloke is averaging about 80 metres, its not good enough, these are the blokes we need for go forward and unfortunately Thompson is doing it alone. Its not even like hes a tackling machine, his technique is awful, hes a penalty machine. I really hope next season he proves me wrong but as it stands, another prop is a must. TPJ needs to be in the backrow at 12 or 13, give us some size. Gus rates Hetherington, ive seen him say hes a future origin player, im sorry at the minute, I dont see him even starting in our team next year.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This bloke really needs to buck up, Thompson is running on average 140 metres a week, this bloke is averaging about 80 metres, its not good enough, these are the blokes we need for go forward and unfortunately Thompson is doing it alone. Its not even like hes a tackling machine, his technique is awful, hes a penalty machine. I really hope next season he proves me wrong but as it stands, another prop is a must. TPJ needs to be in the backrow at 12 or 13, give us some size. Gus rates Hetherington, ive seen him say hes a future origin player, im sorry at the minute, I dont see him even starting in our team next year.
His tackling technique is the most notable issue and that can be fixed. When it comes to making metres his a fast foward,agile and strong foward I honestly feel the issue is coaching. He has the physical characteristics just not much between the ears.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair the hethro is a no.2 or no.3 front rower who does not have a no.1 to play off.If there was say a j.w.h or Haas he would be awesome as the second prop but we have Crapa who aint a first grade standard player.Vaughan will even be good for him .Feel for the bloke is easy target being our only enforcer and having to try and carry team .That's why thomo stands out because he is a leader in second rowers body but no one else in front of him except old mate hethro out of his depth.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just watched on as Thommo did all the work, was a passenger

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree hes not that great, but hes the second best we have.
One thing about him is his 100% effort. Sometimes it backfires, but at least he's trying.
Can some of the other players say that?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson plays 80 every week and was almost the best prop in the world before he came to the dogs. Hetherington plays barely 40moms and is a young pup. You can see his potential when he has those barnstormerimg runs and carries 3-4 players. Give him time. Trust me

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
His tackling technique is the most notable issue and that can be fixed. When it comes to making metres his a fast foward,agile and strong foward I honestly feel the issue is coaching. He has the physical characteristics just not much between the ears.
What about making him a back rower or even a centre
He’s fast enough

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thompson plays 80 every week and was almost the best prop in the world before he came to the dogs. Hetherington plays barely 40moms and is a young pup. You can see his potential when he has those barnstormerimg runs and carries 3-4 players. Give him time. Trust me
You lost me at Thompson plays 80 each week, don’t think that’s ever happened, so can’t trust you unfortunately
In the last few games Hetherington has played 50 mins, and has made 5 hit ups, not really good enough for your starting prop

Last edited:

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny how our forwards (especially hethro) look like they are a perfect build for the speed of the game yet they're constantly more fatigued/less impactful then the oppositions forwards who are massive fat choads

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel like most times yesterday we can March up the field pretty well, hethrington needs to take more runs and Ava does aswell and give Crapa 1 run, Ava is a really good bench forward in my opinion, provides size, experience and hard running, hethrington just needs to take more runs, have u seen those runs where he carry’s 5 people on his back for 20 30 meters, HE HAS POTENTIAL

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I share Gould's vision, he could become a future SOO prop...
Simple quick adjustments needed
He has the aggression...must be controlled
Tough defense that needs adjusting...working on it
Needs to bulk up minimum 5 kg of muscles...to insure continues impact effectiveness
Naturally he needs a proper halfback to direct him consistently be in his ear, what Thompson did yesterday was a brilliant individual performance...Imagine what they could all do in a better controlled game ((( Halfback )))

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I share Gould's vision, he could become a future SOO prop...
Simple quick adjustments needed
He has the aggression...must be controlled
Tough defense that needs adjusting...working on it
Needs to bulk up minimum 5 kg of muscles...to insure continues impact effectiveness
Naturally he needs a proper halfback to direct him consistently be in his ear, what Thompson did yesterday was a brilliant individual performance...Imagine what they could all do in a better controlled game ((( Halfback )))
So who is this controlling halfback going to be?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a load of absolute rubbish, do you even watch games?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hetherington gets noticed because he does a 20m run once every two games and makes some PCM. But he doesn't slide well enough in defense, doesn't read the game, gives away too many penalties, and doesn't get nearly enough work done for the time he has on field.

If he wants to keep playing the way he is, then he is benchie at best, but even then he needs to get through more work.