News Sonny Bill and the 2004 premiership: Pangai jnr reveals why he chose the Bulldogs

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've never met TPJ, but I have met his older brother Tevita who did some concreting work for me last year here in the Capital.

Re his name: His brother said TPJ actually changed his name to Tevita which is their Dads name because he too wanted to carry his Dads name- that's why the Jnr exists.

His older brother & their crew are the nicest most respectful employees I've ever dealt with in all my time in construction. Simply just good people.

Back then, I told his brother that I was a big fan of his brother as a player & wished he would come to the Bulldogs.

I got no issues with all the previous media beat up about TPJ's previous indiscretions, as we all know the media cakes it on. And at the end of the day like all of us when we're young we can all make a mistake or 2. None of his were that big a deal.

On 9 news tonight they said that he was moving back to Sydney, getting married & having his first child.

Personally, I think we've got him at the most perfect time in his life - ready to settle down & priorities providing for his young family.

Welcome TPJ, can't wait to see you in the Blue & White of the Bulldogs.
Great insight mate, cheers for posting it.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great insight mate, cheers for posting it.
No problem c-b-b. If TPJ is as good a fella as his brother & his crew, then he's a bloody champion.

From the minute I meet his Brother and his partner, it was like I new them forever. I had no hesitation in employing them. They were great.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No problem c-b-b. If TPJ is as good a fella as his brother & his crew, then he's a bloody champion.

From the minute I meet his Brother and his partner, it was like I new them forever. I had no hesitation in employing them. They were great.
I reckon he’s already shown he’s a decent bloke. Complemented the broncos, the tigers and us which was very decent of him. I think he just needs good guidance from his coach and the club and we’ll see the best of him.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if he gets suspended on his return game for the Panties :D
fine by me as long as he pays for his penalty at the Panthers but we will no doubt pay the loading down the track.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a repeat offender
When negotiating his Bulldogs contract he demanded 5 years instead of 3 wanting to be a roll model at the club two months later he ran away to France.
Yawnnnnnnn dribble dribble dribble

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wont be long before this thread gets filled with sbw hate, The guys grown up and is respected by most in the league or around it time to get over it people.
SOB is a traitor & led by the nose by scumbag Mundine. Remember Mundine has done this to the Bulldogs twice so I wouldn't put it past him to go for a third.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the fuck does Sonny have to do with anything. Sonny moved back to NZ I thought. This article makes as much sense as talking to demented Biden.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
we should have signed him for the rest of the year, Its like the club has just given up and happy to get the spoon!
Thats the last thing any club should want, we have a good chance to beat the Tigers Twice and the Sharks which might get us off the bottom.
I’m cool with IF we use the opportunity to front load one of our dropkicks which creates space for other signings in future years.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the fuck does Sonny have to do with anything. Sonny moved back to NZ I thought. This article makes as much sense as talking to demented Biden.
LOLLLL SBW lives in Woolooware bro…

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wont be long before this thread gets filled with sbw hate, The guys grown up and is respected by most in the league or around it time to get over it people.
When $BW FUCKED US WITHOUT LUBE BACK in 08 he did so with his ACTIONS!!! So how does apologising with words Make up for it. It doesn’t he had the opportunity multiple times to make up for it, but he choose not to. If the club has any pride it will say thanks but no thanks, revenge is a dish best served COLD!!!!!

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
When $BW FUCKED US WITHOUT LUBE BACK in 08 he did so with his ACTIONS!!! So how does apologising with words Make up for it. It doesn’t he had the opportunity multiple times to make up for it, but he choose not to. If the club has any pride it will say thanks but no thanks, revenge is a fish best served COLD!!!!!
Last year there was a meeting between Hill and SNW and a few others where
Sonny Bill Williams was on a zoom hookup with people from the club about a return for this year.

The bulldogs club made a video presentation on why Sonny should rejoin the dogs. Jackson and a few players were on to state their case 'we would love to have you' etc and apparently it was well put together and moving.
There was a big theme around being sorry for the past. The Steve Folkes era was long ago and the club has changed (this bit rubbed insider the wrong way) and that everyone would appreciate the fairytale of having him back.

Apparently Sonny was visibly moved and said he forgives the club for the sins of the past. Mentioned that he could have done things different as well. But the forgiveness from him is there.

He flat out refused though to come the remainder of season. Saying that the roosters had offered him a deal and that they told him he would be used off the bench which was good for his body. Said playing for the dogs would be taxing and he would be worn down with how they would use him (maybe that was discussed prior to the hookup) but he did say he would be very interested to play in 2021 if the Wolfpack deal falls through and the offer is right.
Never eventuated though.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year there was a meeting between Hill and SNW and a few others where
Sonny Bill Williams was on a zoom hookup with people from the club about a return for this year.

The bulldogs club made a video presentation on why Sonny should rejoin the dogs. Jackson and a few players were on to state their case 'we would love to have you' etc and apparently it was well put together and moving.
There was a big theme around being sorry for the past. The Steve Folkes era was long ago and the club has changed (this bit rubbed insider the wrong way) and that everyone would appreciate the fairytale of having him back.

Apparently Sonny was visibly moved and said he forgives the club for the sins of the past. Mentioned that he could have done things different as well. But the forgiveness from him is there.

He flat out refused though to come the remainder of season. Saying that the roosters had offered him a deal and that they told him he would be used off the bench which was good for his body. Said playing for the dogs would be taxing and he would be worn down with how they would use him (maybe that was discussed prior to the hookup) but he did say he would be very interested to play in 2021 if the Wolfpack deal falls through and the offer is right.
Never eventuated though.
Personally I'm over all the SBW stuff, but have to say if this is true then I'm astounded that he could feel wronged by us and that he forgives us. Surely by now he would be mature enough to look back and see that he did the wrong thing first.

Maybe the oseas rugby thing was only meant to be an interim thing so he could join the Rorters sooner, and they had given him unconditional approval to pursue his boxing career while he played with them. That's the only way to guess how he might feel so butt hurt. I'm glad we stopped him coming back to the NRL sooner unless it was going to be back to us..

Anyway, I'm over it all now but his forgiveness means nothing to me as a Bulldogs supporter.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should have signed him for the rest of the year, Its like the club has just given up and happy to get the spoon!
Thats the last thing any club should want, we have a good chance to beat the Tigers Twice and the Sharks which might get us off the bottom.
Nah let him come mentally fresh at the end of the season. Don’t want him learning losing habits and mentally with the current lot.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the club spends the rest of the season working out who deserves a run next year it's no issue that we're not getting tpj this year. Hopefully having these 5 new faces arriving for the pre season along with the possibility of a few more signings will refresh the attitude next year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm over it until I hear shit like he's forgiven the club that he fucked over without remorse for a few sheckles more. I honestly don't care if he's a fantastic person off the field or if he cures cancer. What he did to our club was the equivalent of a partner you love running off in the middle of the night to join their new lover.

All the heartwarming sentiment in the world doesn't stop me having a spot in my mind where I harbour a grudge for players like SBW, Klemmer and Barba for wanting to break contract and join other clubs.

Personally I'm over all the SBW stuff, but have to say if this is true then I'm astounded that he could feel wronged by us and that he forgives us. Surely by now he would be mature enough to look back and see that he did the wrong thing first.

Maybe the oseas rugby thing was only meant to be an interim thing so he could join the Rorters sooner, and they had given him unconditional approval to pursue his boxing career while he played with them. That's the only way to guess how he might feel so butt hurt. I'm glad we stopped him coming back to the NRL sooner unless it was going to be back to us..

Anyway, I'm over it all now but his forgiveness means nothing to me as a Bulldogs supporter.
It's a bit rich to hear that he's supposedly forgiven the club who it seems did nothing wrong back then. With the benefit of hindsight I wish we'd made Asotasi our marquee forward priority back then instead of money bill.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
TPJ sounds like someone who can't take responsibility for himself; and is looking for others to direct him. At his age, that shows some lack of maturity, so I'm wondering just what he will deliver. Could be another T-Rex.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They are focusing the cap space on next year IMO better days are coming. Listening to Gus on his podcast everyone from top to bottom is going to be accountable for our on field performances going forward. He said he doesn’t care about what’s happened up to this point but everyone from coaching staff ,players and barret have to prove they want to be part of the club going forward,our performance last week has already showed the change in attitude Gus has brought to the entire outfit. I don’t think we will need TPJ to avoid the spoon but if we get it then so be it.
We won’t be getting it next year.