Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Renouf to Roosters

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Gould reckons we don't need him, then im ok with that haha
Who says Gus didn’t want him? Maybe he did but Renouf felt It was time for him to move on? I mean I cannot blame him when we can all see that some of Baz’s selections are not made with the clubs best interest but for his own agenda.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who says Gus didn’t want him? Maybe he did but Renouf felt It was time for him to move on? I mean I cannot blame him when we can all see that some of Baz’s selections are not made with the clubs best interest but for his own agenda.
I cannot say that Baz's selections have been made for his own agendas at all. So I can't agree sorry

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
30k more than the min wage for an NRL player… he must of been reaallly in demand and chased by man clubs….. bahaha
This.

Hes nearly getting minimum wage, he can't have been chased that hard from clubs lol.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So we re-sign Elliot the fkn waste of human space along with Katoa and Okenbur yet we get rid of Atoni. Our club csn be so stupid

If Robinson is as good as he seems he will get the most out of Atoni. Wish him the best over there

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This.

Hes nearly getting minimum wage, he can't have been chased that hard from clubs lol.
He was 100% chased by multiple clubs, difference is they were actually somewhat successful clubs so they didn't offer stupid overs like we did with Fetherington.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not in the club's best interests to pick Waddle, Nappy, Stimpson over Atoni. Don't think too many coaches would have ...Baz did tho *shrugs shoulders*

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was 100% chased by multiple clubs, difference is they were actually somewhat successful clubs so they didn't offer stupid overs like we did with Fetherington.
Well I'm not getting into the Hetherington debate, or what we paid for him.

Sure they chased him and he got what he's worth, 150k lol

Hes not good, he'll be good in a good system and that's it.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some players do not care about the money and would prefer to play in a club where they feel their contributions to the team can result in a premiership! Ps. I only wish we had a few players like that in our team!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well I'm not getting into the Hetherington debate, or what we paid for him.

Sure they chased him and he got what he's worth, 150k lol

Hes not good, he'll be good in a good system and that's it.
Not good but superior in pretty much every area to our starting prop on excessively more $$$. Okay.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not good but superior in pretty much every area to our starting prop on excessively more $$$. Okay.
Okay, but this is a thread about Atoni.

And he isn't a big loss, because he's not good lol. Guess what? If Gus goes and gives Hetherington the boot I'm not going to pretend he's good either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okay, but this is a thread about Atoni.

And he isn't a big loss, because he's not good lol. Guess what? If Gus goes and gives Hetherington the boot I'm not going to pretend he's good either.
Fuck Featherington, he's literally going to be on the books for more than potentially Vaughan next season ffs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some players do not care about the money and would prefer to play in a club where they feel their contributions to the team can result in a premiership! Ps. I only wish we had a few players like that in our team!
If you are disillusioned with the amateur systems and coaching favouritisms, and not getting picked over other less talented (and mistake riddled) players, then it's best to leave sadly.

Of all the alternative teams in Sydney for him, Rorters would be the best (apart from Penrith and that wasn't likely) so he will benefit in their system. $BW as a mentor. All up to Renouf now to show that Baz has very little talent as a development coach and needs to cut out his propensity to pick favourites.

Gus will probably be the brains and decision maker behind the outfit now and we can have a lot more confidence with that knowledge going forward.

A waste of the clubs resources to let him go. Where do you get a better, experienced frontrower for $150k?

Anyway best wishes to all of them involved in this.

Last edited:

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you are disillusioned with the amateur systems and coach favouritisms, and not getting picked over other less talented (and mistake riddled) players, then it's best to leave sadly.

Of all the alternative teams in Sydney for him, Rorters would be the best (apart from Penrith and that wasn't likely) so he will benefit in their system. $BW as a mentor. All up to Renouf now to show that Baz has very little talent as a development coach and needs to cut out his propensity to pick favourites.

Gus will probably be the brains and decision maker behind the outfit now and we can have a lot more confidence with that knowledge going forward.

A waste of the clubs resources to let him go. Where do you get a better, experienced frontrower for $150k?

Anyway best wishes to all of them involved in this.
100% agree! IMO he is going to kill it at the Roosters. I Believe he will thrive with them. Then we will have most TK commenting on how stupid the club was for letting him go! Like most do on here when it is too late! Lol... Especially if it is true that they bought him for $150,000.. I wish him all the best but sad to see one of my favourites leave us!

TJScanz

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can give an insight:
Renouf was offered from 4 clubs in Australia
And 1 in super league avg of $300-350k per season.
He chose Roosters. Yes a pay cut but watch...