Opinion Where do we play Cotric next year?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good ball is irrelevant, everyone is talking about early set carries. If our back 3 is going to be Cotric, Dufty and JAC next season then he is sure as shit going to have to lift his game a few levels.
Is it only in matters of the Bulldogs your high level negatory or is it a trait that affects your whole life? :tearsofjoy:
You got sad man syndrome big time get on the drugs or something....#grumpycunt

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it only in matters of the Bulldogs your high level negatory or is it a trait that affects your whole life? :tearsofjoy:
You got sad man syndrome big time get on the drugs or something....#grumpycunt
How is it negative? Dufty and JAC aren't getting our sets rolling and a sideways running Cotric sure as shit isn't helping.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would assume he would play to dufty strength
Then what was the point of trying to play that way this season when we didn't even have a hooker or halfback? He also bought Allan off the back of what he done at Souths yet played him in a totally different role on the other side of the field for us.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Then what was the point of trying to play that way this season when we didn't even have a hooker or halfback? He also bought Allan off the back of what he done at Souths yet played him in a totally different role on the other side of the field for us.
the fullback has played both sides of the ruck this year, not just the right side?

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like the idea of the speedsters Naden and Fox together on the left and the yardage boys on the right. Would be great if we can create some passing threat from the back 3 with Dufty. Although they weren’t that quick or big i really enjoyed how Silva, Lester and Halligan combined off the kick returns in 98.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
the fullback has played both sides of the ruck this year, not just the right side?
I don't think so, can you honestly remember anytime the fullback has been out the back of our 5/8 on the left edge? I can't. I can barely even remember them linking up anywhere across the park.

I just don't get it, our attack is a disaster and we seen to be handicapping ourselves by trying to play a certain way. 5/8 parked on the left playing short sides when Lewis struggles to pass right to left, Jake stuck drifting across field looking for runners when he should be playing direct, Meaney on the right playing short sides. The one time Lewis shifted to the right and Jake linked up with him we managed to score an easy try without doing anything amazing yet we every back to the cluster fuck of trying to replicate the Panthers? I don't get it lol.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH I would prefer to offload him (if we can close to his salary) and play with JAC and Okunbor. That money could be better spent on a 9.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH I would prefer to offload him (if we can close to his salary) and play with JAC and Okunbor. That money could be better spent on a 9. Ie Brandon Smith.
Fixed that for ya lol that I would vote for but only if it's a high quality 9..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is it negative? Dufty and JAC aren't getting our sets rolling and a sideways running Cotric sure as shit isn't helping.
I see your point no size, decent speed though JAC does alright.
What's your plan B back 3 then ..I know you hate Dufty so assume he is out...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I see your point no size, decent speed though JAC does alright.
What's your plan B back 3 then ..I know you hate Dufty so assume he is out...
JAC @ FB with Cotric and Naden* on the wings. I don't really want another winger at fullback and his playmaking ability is a total unknown but at least he he can cover ground at pace, defuse kicks and put his body on the line. Naden on the wing is interchangeable depending on who's available at centre.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JAC's best attributes are high-speed and pretty much safe under pressure I would say 99.5% of the time so decent starting points, also seems to pass the ball ok.
See what happens rd 1, yours is not a bad back 3 at all, but I don't think they bought your namesake to play reggies....