News Flanagan offered to Super League clubs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being offered to clubs is still a way off actually going so I still think it’s likely he will be here next year. The big money in the Super League is long gone and I doubt he will get much more than at the Dogs.

If I was Kyle I’d stay at the Dogs he has the security of another 2 years and you’d back yourself to get back in form and get the halfback spot when it’s wide open which is rare in first grade side either here or in England. In saying that I hope he goes but I don’t think it’s a certainty at all.
FMD spoon, stop giving him ideas..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It totally makes sense. He might go OK in England, build his game and confidence at a different level to NRL and come back in a couple of years more mature and experienced eg: Jackson Hastings. We’ll have him partially on the books for 2 years but it allows both parties to get on with the future. I wish the kid well.
Yes my thoughts exactly young DD ;)

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all Barrett’s fault...he desperately signed him...instead of being patient he rushed to sign him and even compared him to Nathan Cleary....seriously now he wants to get rid off him and we have to pay half of his freight....Barrett said he has to nail recruitment,,,Waddell and Flanagan?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all Barrett’s fault...he desperately signed him...instead of being patient he rushed to sign him and even compared him to Nathan Cleary....seriously now he wants to get rid off him and we have to pay half of his freight....Barrett said he has to nail recruitment,,,Waddell and Flanagan?
Burton
JAC
Cotric
Allan
Gould
TPJ
Vaughn likely

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett has done a tremendous job with recruitment thus far,

sorry piggy thumps up for Barrett so far

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not every player u sign will end up worth it. At the time we desperately needed halves and Flanagan had shown potential at times. Also not exactly a flood of halves were available to get at the time either.

Cotric hasn't done much this year but we all know he's a very good player. He's just not getting any good service. The side is making a few players who aren't bad look bad imo. Flanagan though, I think roosters made him look better than he is.

Waddell will end up being fine imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One factor to consider is that he seems really close to his Dad and his family so he might not want to move to the other side of the world and be away from them, especially when he's relatively young.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need depth in key positions.
Keep Flanagan as back up to Averillo.
One injury to a half next year then what??

Flanagan should stay and be developed as back up half.

And Lewis should be back up five eight.

Good strong clubs have depth in key positions.
The last time we won the competition Thurston was on the bench as back up half.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not getting my hopes up, just hope there is a coach as dumb as Baz over there that wants the fraud daddy's boy.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
same as mbye wheres the footage of flanno tearin it up before we bought him

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
One factor to consider is that he seems really close to his Dad and his family so he might not want to move to the other side of the world and be away from them, especially when he's relatively young.
Don’t disagree but could also be the best thing for him in personal and professional growth.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously none of you have seen the interview they gave Gus. When asked about Kyle Flanagan, Mr Gould clearly stated that he IS a part of the Dogs rebuild. So he will definately not be shipped off to England.