amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno on around 400k til 2024
Allen on around 500k til 2024
Elliott on around 500k til 2024

Flanno is already out of favour and barely a NSW cup halfback

Allen will not get a start over anyone in our backline next year

Elliott is a decent back rower but the sex scandals and missed tackles (17th in the NRL) outweigh any positives

Combining those contracts, thats a huge portion of our cap that could be spent on a certain star dummy half and not wasted on guys not worth it. This isnt even considering any of our signings next year could not pan out (hopefully not).

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Flanno - all on the Coaching staff this one. Either can't spot talent or can't coach it out of him.
Allen - gets a run over Knockonbore
Elliott - let the door hit him on his way out. Not good enough talent wise for any reasonable team. Has brains of a tree stump.

Conclusion - wouldn't fret if all were shown the door ASAP.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think the reason we have not got pangai this year is because we are front loading contracts for players like flanagan and allan. therefore next year or 2022 there contracts are not worth that much

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
i think the reason we have not got pangai this year is because we are front loading contracts for players like flanagan and allan. therefore next year or 2022 there contracts are not worth that much
If flanno got wind of that he would pretty much leave. I’d say they might be doing it for someone like Wakeman or just someone on a huge contract liek Cotric

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Elliott is a decent back rower but the sex scandals and missed tackles (17th in the NRL) outweigh any positives

Combining those contracts, thats a huge portion of our cap that could be spent on a certain star dummy half and not wasted on guys not worth it. This isnt even considering any of our signings next year could not pan out (hopefully not).
Every team has the same issue, e.g. Eels with Furgo on 4-500k playing NSW cup.

In saying that, I think Flanno will get a shot a some point (whenever that is, he’s going to have to make it count) although he could land in the Super League, the wingers should be JAC and Cotric (centre’s Naden & Schoupp with Allen missing out) and Elliott may find himself on the bench or involved in a possible swap with Tapine considering our pack should be something like Vaughan, JMK, Thompson, RFM, JJ, TPJ

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every team has the same issue, e.g. Eels with Furgo on 4-500k playing NSW cup.

In saying that, I think Flanno will get a shot a some point (whenever that is, he’s going to have to make it count) although he could land in the Super League, the wingers should be JAC and Cotric (centre’s Naden & Schoupp with Allen missing out) and Elliott may find himself on the bench or involved in a possible swap with Tapine considering our pack should be something like Vaughan, JMK, Thompson, RFM, JJ, TPJ
jmk ?
no I thought he was a depth signing, we need Brandon smith or josh Hodgson.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not wrong.

As soon as you start doing the sums, you figure out pretty quick - 9.6mil doesn't go far. Basically the bottom 13 of your Top 30 have to be in the $120k-$200k max region. The fact we have Stimson, Allan and Flanagan all on $350k+ playing CCup next year is going to make getting a franchise player hard.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
jmk ?
no I thought he was a depth signing, we need Brandon smith or josh Hodgson.
Yes, JMK, he’ll be our starting hooker in 2022 unless a miracle happens. Your right in that he’s a depth signing, but it’s really a stop gap measure until we target a marquee in 2023.

Who knows, between now and then, we could have our main guy under our noses in BBO, could develop into anything..

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flannel just doesn’t suit our team going forward. He will stifle our attack instead of feeding our gun backs
How's that given running the ball is Kyle's weakness atm. If anything our backs would get the
ball most plays unless Burton runs it himself.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flannagan Gonski he"ll sook then leave, the other two will probably see out Thier contracts and go elseware or be much better in a stronger side.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If Duffy is at fullback and Hopoate is gone, Meaney was the logical back up fullback and he’s gone, which to me that means Allen is required as the back up fullback (yes, can back up wing and centre as well). You don’t get a decent fullback back up for anywhere near NRL minimum. So I see value in his contract.

I suspect Flanagan is gonsky, he will be found another home, wherever that may be.

Elliott, rocks and diamonds that he is, isn’t as bad as some on TK make out, he just needs to find consistency in his game, and keep it in his pants. Next year is his make or break year, with a decent pack of forwards and backs around him, if he doesn’t shine then he’s gonsky too.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of those will be off contract at the end of 2023. So two more seasons.

I think another club will take Elliott without much freight. If Allan has a few more games like last week, another club will take him. If Shane Flanagan gets another job, Kyle will follow him there. If not, we might have to pay 100k or so to move him.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's that given running the ball is Kyle's weakness atm. If anything our backs would get the
ball most plays unless Burton runs it himself.
Yeah but 9 out of 10 times he passes back on the inside to a forward who runs into a brick wall. Him and Tollman would have suited each other. But Boring for us.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No worri3s Gus will fix it.

Now fuck off with the negatives and enjoy the positives