News Buzz delivers Gould

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watch rothfield,and the negative publicity machine at news Ltd now,they will b looking for any negatives they can to bring us down,what a worm.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
JK needed a drunk journo to tell him how to do things. Righto Buzz, fucking delusional

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Buzz just trying to get on the bandwagon so he doesn't look like a hypocrite when we come good.
Taking credit for our future success, typical grub journo he is, rubbish us for years and just when we are on the brink of success he chimes in and tries to steal all the credit before it happens. The journos sure do live in la la land... narcissists the lot of em!

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the grog well had dried up at buzz's house and was hallucinating when he wrote this POS article

But alas, never fear as reinforcements have arrived

images (11).jpeg

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shut up Rothfield.... It was the blank Cheque that did the job.

AND u didnt even break the news first... LOSER.
The prick is cut from us because we already started the rebuild him and those wankers with him can’t stand the dogs doing well .

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The prick is cut from us because we already started the rebuild him and those wankers with him can’t stand the dogs doing well .
****** probably just trying to get into the VIP section at the leagues club.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Your columnist on one end of the line, Bulldogs chairman John Khoury on the other.

I told him there was only one way to fix this mess – by signing Gould to implement the same ‘five-year plan’ that has been so spectacularly successful at the Penrith Panthers.

I then informed him of the rumour that Gould was now unsettled in his job at the Warriors.

That he should try again. That Covid was preventing Gus from properly doing the job he had started in pathways and junior development.

I even rang the Bulldogs’ billionaire major sponsor Arthur Laundy to get him on board ... the one man with deep enough pockets to quickly fix Khoury’s concern about the costs.

For all our run-ins over the years, there is no questioning his ability to get the job done, even allowing for all the controversy and soap operas along the way.

It had to be explained to Khoury that Gould would bring more than his salary back into the club.

He would also attract huge corporate support through his connections and by turning the club into a competitive and successful outfit from the basket case it has been for years.

So Project Gus was up and running.

Khoury’s last words were: “Okay, I’ll have another crack at him … and I’ll keep you in the loop.”

And then on Friday morning the Bulldogs got their man.

Gus was back at Belmore … thanks to The Daily Telegraph.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2021: How Bulldogs landed Phil Gould | What’s the Buzz

The Bulldogs had given up all hope of landing Phil Gould, but one phone call changed everything, writes PHIL ROTHFIELD.
Phil Rothfield

July 17, 2021 - 9:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

FOXSPORTS1:30
Phil Gould: New Bulldogs General Manager
NOW PLAYING

NRL: Phil Gould has been announced to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football. Greg Alexander and Braith Anasta share their view on the breaking news.
Two weeks ago the Canterbury Bulldogs had given up all hope of bringing Gus Gould back to Belmore.

Then it was a phone call, Sunday, July 5, 10:35 am, that changed it all.

Your columnist on one end of the line, Bulldogs chairman John Khoury on the other.

This was the morning after the 66-nil flogging to the Manly Sea Eagles at Bankwest Stadium, one of the darkest days in Canterbury history.

Khoury had been in the job for only six months and was lost for a solution.

His concern was fan outrage and membership backlash more than the scoreboard the night before.

I told him there was only one way to fix this mess – by signing Gould to implement the same ‘five-year plan’ that has been so spectacularly successful at the Penrith Panthers.

“He’s already knocked us back and wants too much money,” Khoury said.

I then informed him of the rumour that Gould was now unsettled in his job at the Warriors.

That he should try again. That Covid was preventing Gus from properly doing the job he had started in pathways and junior development.

I even rang the Bulldogs’ billionaire major sponsor Arthur Laundy to get him on board ... the one man with deep enough pockets to quickly fix Khoury’s concern about the costs.

Gould would want three times the normal salary of general managers of football at most clubs. Probably $1 million.

For all our run-ins over the years, there is no questioning his ability to get the job done, even allowing for all the controversy and soap operas along the way.

It had to be explained to Khoury that Gould would bring more than his salary back into the club.

Phil Gould was reportedly unsettled in his role at the Warriors due to Covid. Picture: AAP.
Phil Gould was reportedly unsettled in his role at the Warriors due to Covid. Picture: AAP.
Like Craig Bellamy. Trent Robinson and Wayne Bennett, players would sign under Gus for less money. A $600,000 player would join the Dogs for $500,000.

He would also attract huge corporate support through his connections and by turning the club into a competitive and successful outfit from the basket case it has been for years.

So Project Gus was up and running.

Khoury’s last words were: “Okay, I’ll have another crack at him … and I’ll keep you in the loop.”

Next day in The Daily Telegraph we published the following item: “Shoosh: Which Sydney-based club still hasn’t given up hope of convincing Phil ‘Gus’ Gould to quit the New Zealand Warriors to oversee a much-needed football department shake-up and major overhaul of their roster.”

And then on Friday morning the Bulldogs got their man.

Gus was back at Belmore … thanks to The Daily Telegraph.
Fair dinkum Buzz has tickets on himself. And why the hell would he want to help out the Bulldogs who he hates with a passion & devotes his life to destroying the club? Have another glug, Buzz!

buzz.jpg

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Buzz just trying to get on the bandwagon so he doesn't look like a hypocrite when we come good.
His article is very specific.
See above. Not bandwagon. Buzz is the man. The one who may be credited for turning the club around

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watch rothfield,and the negative publicity machine at news Ltd now,they will b looking for any negatives they can to bring us down,what a worm.
Don't agree. He seems to be the catalyst for JK to get Gould so he won't be negative as it will reflect on him

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't agree. He seems to be the catalyst for JK to get Gould so he won't be negative as it will reflect on him
****** probably just trying to get into the VIP section at the leagues club.
I see this as a good move. Follow journalist's advice as to who to appoint at the club so media will not be negative when things go bad, as it will reflect on the media. Great move.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Rothfield didn’t bring him to belmore the Lebs did. End of.