Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe actually I just realised you can set the PS5 to HDR when supported, this seemed to solve most the issues..kinda

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. I heard that and thought, "what the hell is this crap?"

Then again, I hated Valhalla so it was basically already dead for me.
I still haven't played it, sort of over the series for nowm

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't it more like a hybrid handheld console and tablet?
Kinda. It's basically a computer that happens to have controllers on the side.

It's a custom PC hardware build with Steam OS operating system which is based on Linux. But the developers have publicly stated that they're not restricting it. If you want you can buy it, format it, install Windows and it'll work fine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kinda. It's basically a computer that happens to have controllers on the side.

It's a custom PC hardware build with Steam OS operating system which is based on Linux. But the developers have publicly stated that they're not restricting it. If you want you can buy it, format it, install Windows and it'll work fine.
Basically a toilet PC.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Finally finished GTA 5 yesterday (just the main game though, not the side missions), and then immediately exited. I still haven't seen the fallout that happens. Surprisingly, the ending to the game was very very easy. Launch an RPG at everyone and bang... job done lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe any shortcut you can advise to buying the golf course in GTA 5? I replay some of the big missions but sadly, I don't seem to get the money again :(

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe any shortcut you can advise to buying the golf course in GTA 5? I replay some of the big missions but sadly, I don't seem to get the money again :(
Not really. Apparently you can play the stock market to get enough money but I never bothered.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
See China have made it that anyone under 18 can only play video games for 1 hour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 8pm-9pm. I think it is more to do with online games.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
See China have made it that anyone under 18 can only play video games for 1 hour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 8pm-9pm. I think it is more to do with online games.
I remember at the peak of World of Warcraft, China forced Blizzard to put in limits. So if you played too long, you got kicked off and told you couldn't game for several hours.

There were several World of Warcraft detox institutions that popped up. They eventually got shut down because it turned out they were torturing children. Using stuff like electroshock therapy which is banned in every country. Many kids committed suicide at their institutions.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oddly enough though, one guy ran World of Warcraft gold farms out of China. He'd basically pay Chinese kids $4 a day to just level up characters so he could sell the characters or their virtual money for real money. He did that for many years, then left the company to found Breitbart, before becoming an advisor to President Trump, and becoming very anti-China. Good old Steve Bannon.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saints Row 3 remastered is currently free on the Epic store

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ