Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
then tried to rip our team apart in 1995, became heavily associated with the roosters the arch rivals of our team for many years, he was visibly disgusted at our 2004 grand final victory and mocked our style of play under steve folkes in 2007 which i think made us go in a different direction and lose our edge in the first place

he has had many nice sentiments on commentary about us and has had some respect but i think i remember more instances of him being very unfair to us and it feels like we have let an enemy of the club back in to claim victory on us and run us
So are you happy or not with him at the Dogs?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
you are forgetting the chris anderson melbourne storm activity

while gould tried for many years to buy a premiership with the roosters throughout the 90's, chris anderson immediately went down and delivered one to the storm
Gould also coached Penrith to their 1991 Premiership.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
with a team put together from the remnants of 2-3 disbanded clubs and a couple free agents... must be remembered that the first Storm teams in the late 90's had the likes of Glenn Lazarus, Brett Kimmorley, Scott Hill, Robbie Ross, Mark Geyer, Tawera Nikau, Rodney Howe, Stephen Kearney, Richard Swain etc.

I am a fan of Chris Anderson but he had help in Melbourne
There was no salary cap at the time and the Storm had a great team. Easily the best forward pack in the NRL.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no salary cap at the time and the Storm had a great team. Easily the best forward pack in the NRL.
another big help for Chris Anderson and the Storm and their great pack at the time --> unlimited interchange... they just played 4 big running forwards off the bench every 10 minutes

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is Phil Gould's manager Mario Tarak / Crown Sports ? I saw crown sports Instagram repost Buzz Rothfields tweet... I wasn't aware of any association there. Anyone know who his manager really is

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is Phil Gould's manager Mario Tarak / Crown Sports ? I saw crown sports Instagram repost Buzz Rothfields tweet... I wasn't aware of any association there. Anyone know who his manager really is
Braith Anasta

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
This is awesome news. I hope we get straight to business.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s big news and great news, puts a lot of positive attention towards us finally, he originally appointed Barret at panthers so I think that’s solid going forward, hoping it made b smith’s ears prick up, Tim sheens and Gus back up the top could be an interesting few yrs, love the appointment!!!! Here we go

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also hoping Gus is the right GM for some of our juniors coming up through the grades - BBO, Topine, Alamoti, Rajab etc.

Reactions: ATT

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arthur Laundy was instrumental in making this happen. Anyone that had a problem with him having a bigger say in the clubs operations can uppercut themselves
I'd be surprised if Arthur wasn't tipping in $$$$ for some of Gould's wage. If they can get on together it's great.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
where does Flanagan fit? Gould was initially very critical of the Roosters for dumping Flanagan after one season... now it is not commentary only, Flanagan is signed to Gould's club for two more seasons
Mounties or another club.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is real game changer news for us. It’s what we needed.

not just direction and a path, but power and influence.

also, a lot of talk about signing potential recruits a little easier, but a kid like BURTON now will probably stay for a fair price in a couple of years with Gus’s influence instead of us probably having to top him up over market value. Probably easier to keep guys like Alamoti now over potential suiters.

it’s all these little things that will be huge for us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you hate it or love it I’m just glad the board and admin have put their balls on the line and made a call. At least we aren’t sitting back accepting the situation where we are and have done something about it.