Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ofcourse mate, kids like Topine and Doorey should be benchies at best like any other up and coming forward in other team but they have been thrown into the deep end and people want them to be Ian Thrope's! lol

Look at guys like Klemmer who played bench for 2 years or guys like Barnett/Fitzgibbon who were thrown to the wolves at Newie a few years back and look how long their development took... Crazy to think a 21 yr old forward is going to be match winning in such a rubbish team.
Yeah I see a lot to like in Topine but agree he is a benchie at best at the minute and possibly for most of next year also while he gets used to the demands of 1st grade. Unfortunately it’s been a very difficult season and on any given week we have a host of players to bash on the kennel..

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He doesn’t move from his side of the field he just plays there the whole game. Not first grade material.
Spoton - waits for the game to come to him - the more he has played first grade the more he has shown that he is not a fg quality forward, partcularly defensively, at least atm. To me he was limited in junior reps but kept making nsw sides - id like to know who his manager is.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You call me dramatic than say its crazy to think a 21yr old is going to be a match winner in a rubbish team which no one has said.
Maybe I was following the trend... :yum:

I still think you are being very harsh on the kid... He has shown more than enough to tell me personally he will be a fringe rep player in the future and only a few weeks ago was our strongest forward in a beaten team.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I see a lot to like in Topine but agree he is a benchie at best at the minute and possibly for most of next year also while he gets used to the demands of 1st grade. Unfortunately it’s been a very difficult season and on any given week we have a host of players to bash on the kennel..
Problem for Topine, regardless of work ethic and attitude, is he hasnt grown - unless he puts on some size or moves to 9 full time i think he will continue to struggle - atm he doesnt ave the leg speed n or dominating defensive technique of other smaller forwards such as Murray or Radley

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I was following the trend... :yum:

I still think you are being very harsh on the kid... He has shown more than enough to tell me personally he will be a fringe rep player in the future and only a few weeks ago was our strongest forward in a beaten team.
See I haven't seen that at all. He has massive issues in defence and just seems to lack physicality which is strange given his size.

Even in a bad team he seems to have regressed from last year. I'm not writing him off just yet but he's been really disappointing.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s moving to Brisbane
Makes sense .. bennett puts his hand up for Qld that covers 2022 then 2023 .. he takes over the new team. Makes sense … he would love to beat broncos and I’m sure the new Brisbane team will attract big names

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See I haven't seen that at all. He has massive issues in defence and just seems to lack physicality which is strange given his size.

Even in a bad team he seems to have regressed from last year. I'm not writing him off just yet but he's been really disappointing.
He has his moments in D but that goes for the whole NRL tbh with this shit rule and his strength we'll he is young, plenty of time for growth to come especially for a forward.

If your bothered or interested, I gave him MOM in the Parra game next to JMK for us... probably the best i have seen him play this year, Strong. People also saying he doesn't leave his edge, he's an edge backrower?

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem for Topine, regardless of work ethic and attitude, is he hasnt grown - unless he puts on some size or moves to 9 full time i think he will continue to struggle - atm he doesnt ave the leg speed n or dominating defensive technique of other smaller forwards such as Murray or Radley
Yeah I think those assets improve the overall culture of the team which is hard to coach. I hope as he gets older he fills out and gets a bit physically stronger. At the moment we are probably asking a bit much of him and that’s been forced by injuries & suspensions.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should talk to Kyle's Dad. I think he has some pills or juice or something that can help with that.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won’t believe anything unless announced by the club. Anything can happen last minute, I don’t want to get my hopes up like with Johnson. TPJ will be great!
Its only a rumour from one journo at this stage. Chris Garry said on Twitter something like the dogs are interested but both parties are playing hardball. He does expect a deal to be done.

No one from the club has even been quoted