Opinion Would you take a punt on Anthony Milford?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hear me out but YES...

However not as a 5/8th. I'd sign him as a fullback and tell him to get on the treadmill and lose 10kilos. His best seasons were for the Raiders as a fullback.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes for the right price. He has more talent than anyone else we have in the positions that he plays

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At a good price 100 percent back in Sydney with a sea change at a new club also with burton there he won’t feel the pressure of doing it all on his own gut feeling says he probably kills it with JAC and co

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Match payments, $10,000 per game.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hear me out but YES...

However not as a 5/8th. I'd sign him as a fullback and tell him to get on the treadmill and lose 10kilos. His best seasons were for the Raiders as a fullback.
Exactly right. I’d be on board for that.

Fuck 400-500k he’s worth the gamble.

After Pangai and Brandon are signed ffs.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly right. I’d be on board for that.

Fuck 400-500k he’s worth the gamble.

After Pangai and Brandon are signed ffs.
he is not worth the gamble, he doesnt have the heart or the dedication, we want winners who set an example not lazy players who dont do the 1%

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
he is not worth the gamble, he doesnt have the heart or the dedication, we want winners who set an example not lazy players who dont do the 1%
Hard to argue with it. That said I agree he was electric at raiders at fullback. He was also a beast when broncos made The grand final and lost to Thurston.

I dunno. Guess desperation sets in for us all. 66-0 ffs.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hard to argue with it. That said I agree he was electric at raiders at fullback. He was also a beast when broncos made The grand final and lost to Thurston.

I dunno. Guess desperation sets in for us all. 66-0 ffs.
can see your arguement, i just think we are at the stage where we need to get it right, and i think thats why Tbaz is not panic buying. The situation this year will probably be good for the future as we will see how these young guys handle the step up. The was forward like penrith have shown is to have juniors come through and then add some hard heads and winners around them.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is with people wanting to sign reject players instead of a proven fg coach.

People on here are allergic to coaches with a 50% or greater win record.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but we all know the potential that Anthony Milford has and the only reason his reputation took a hit was because he was on a million dollars and wasn’t performing towards the end of his contract and could possibly benefit from a change…. Still only 26 would you take him on a reduced contract knowing that he could cover multiple positions?

No need for nasty comments please, just opinions.
He couldn't be any worse than what we have, actually he would be a massive improvement.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
the club needs players who will consistantly perform, not rocks and diamonds.
i don't barrett can afford anymore "punts" on players

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Id probably take him as the fb option

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
A priority player is a needed missing link
Discarded players are the ones you take a gamble on if the cap permits
You mean discarded players like Napa Flanagan et al? No thanks. We have JAC and Burton coming here next year because they want to build something special. Not Milf, as good as he was 5 years ago at the Raiders, has shown he has a bad attitude and is not a leader. If we’re paying massive coin to someone they need to bring something special

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What is with people wanting to sign reject players instead of a proven fg coach.

People on here are allergic to coaches with a 50% or greater win record.
i reckon its all about the players
because the best coaches in the game lose when tje playerd are gone.
look at cleary and bennett and i bet that if Smith and Monster went down so will melb
The good coaches just get the good players (bennett) or have an eye for talent (Flanagan).