News Is there hope for the Bulldogs? Consultant Hansen arrives to see rare Canterbury win

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on his comments re Bulldog supporters.

Wasn't sure on the exact point he was trying to make.
to help facilitate greater stability at board level, have faith in the people in charge on the field and that the club is heading in the direction, and despite our passion for the club we need to be patient for on field success

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
to help facilitate greater stability at board level, have faith in the people in charge on the field and that the club is heading in the direction, and despite our passion for the club we need to be patient for on field success
His Board election idea is probably a good idea.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some have said I think this whole fiasco is more about image then anything. Just shows future players and players who are thinking of coming that the club is building from top down not just the squad. I applaud it and hope this can be used in our advantage to get some players who are tossing up coming to our club.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His Board election idea is probably a good idea.
I have to agree with it to a large extent. I think that when the fans were baying for the blood of Dib and his board they really screwed the pooch with signing Foran and Woods on very poor deals seemingly in order to appease the fans rather than because it was good business. That wasn't the start of our cap mess, but it bought it all to a head and dumped us in the shit for a long time.

I know based on reading this forum that th average Bulldog supporter isn't an entity defined by patience. And I also know that success in a competitive field like the NRL can be fleeting if the right structures aren't in place to ensure it is prolonged. Thats why I usually try to encourage some patience. People generally don't do better work because they're getting screamed at to improve. In all honesty I think that some of the improved juniors we're seeing filter into the mounties side showed that the Anderson ticket probably were on the right track. Lets hope that the Khoury ticket keeps the development system on track and gives us a building block for prolonged success.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have to agree with it to a large extent. I think that when the fans were baying for the blood of Dib and his board they really screwed the pooch with signing Foran and Woods on very poor deals seemingly in order to appease the fans rather than because it was good business. That wasn't the start of our cap mess, but it bought it all to a head and dumped us in the shit for a long time.

I know based on reading this forum that th average Bulldog supporter isn't an entity defined by patience. And I also know that success in a competitive field like the NRL can be fleeting if the right structures aren't in place to ensure it is prolonged. Thats why I usually try to encourage some patience. People generally don't do better work because they're getting screamed at to improve. In all honesty I think that some of the improved juniors we're seeing filter into the mounties side showed that the Anderson ticket probably were on the right track. Lets hope that the Khoury ticket keeps the development system on track and gives us a building block for prolonged success.
I guess its fair to say Boards get some things right and they get somethings wrong.

Couldnt possibly work out definitively what caused the Dib Board implosion or the Anderson Board ineptness with the poor signings with what sc we did have or the DWZ overpayment.

Your suggestions seem likely tho.

Possibly a 3 year term, or even keep it at 2 years, but only half the Board up for election....similar to Senate elections.

I'd like to see them more accountable and transparently competent, to members and supporters, bc we simply cant afford to have another poor Board who don't progress the team.