Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hendo missed a penalty for the poms in a friendly
Ah, OK.

WHen's the last tmie he took a penalty for us? Must admit, I was absolutely shocked he took that penalty in such an important game. Really shines badly on him and shows him up for the selfish carnt he really is ... ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
VDB another victim of your medical team, hopefully these guys don't suffer long-term due to mistreatment.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last 4 posts by Liver-scum fans.

IN YOUR HEADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

IN YOUR HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last 4 posts by Liver-scum fans.

IN YOUR HEADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

IN YOUR HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD
You're excited about the coming season? Think Liverpool will do ok personally

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What happened to him?
He was injured but United had him doped up on pain killers so he was available for the match day squads (barely played him anyway?). His injury got worse so the Dutch medical team ruled him out and sent him home to get treatment.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was injured but United had him doped up on pain killers so he was available for the match day squads (barely played him anyway?). His injury got worse so the Dutch medical team ruled him out and sent him home to get treatment.
Wow. Poor guy. Pretty shoddy way to treat a new signing?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was actually going to ask if this had been done yet. Is Bild a respected source? Thought your lot would've wrapped this up straight away as it's clear what Dortmund want.
The Guardian reporting that Sancho will be on £350k a week, roughly £90m over a 5-year deal. Not to take into account that he'll get a bump within 3 years of that deal. That's £150k a week more than what Liverpool's top earners are on. And he's only 21 - just absurd.

Decent player like but that's fricken insane. Are these numbers right?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Guardian reporting that Sancho will be on £350k a week, roughly £90m over a 5-year deal. Not to take into account that he'll get a bump within 3 years of that deal. That's £150k a week more than what Liverpool's top earners are on. And he's only 21 - just absurd.

Decent player like but that's fricken insane. Are these numbers right?
In short. No.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Personal terms have been agreed with Sancho, agent fees were agreed today after being a major issue last year. They want 90 million paid over 4 years, we are offering 70-75 million over 5 years according to the most reputable sources. However, it seems like all parties are desperate to get this over with quickly.

Honestly, the signing makes me nervous. Sancho is a genuine world class talent, and based on his output he is one of the best in the world in his position, however, I have concerns about him needing an overlapping fullback to play with which we dont have.

We have a glaring void on the right, and whilst Sancho will start games in that position, his play style sees him dragged centrally more often, playing in that pocket between the opposition left back and centre back, for this to be successful he needs an attacking fullback to then stretch the defence out and give Sancho more room to manoeuvre. Whilst Wan-Bissaka has improved his attacking play considerably over the past season, I still dont think he is the best fit for a Sancho type player. This may explain why we are so keen on Trippier.

This has been proven in Sancho's form, his best spell came when he had Hakimi overlapping him at dortmund, who is arguably the best wingback in the world now at Inter.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personal terms have been agreed with Sancho, agent fees were agreed today after being a major issue last year. They want 90 million paid over 4 years, we are offering 70-75 million over 5 years according to the most reputable sources. However, it seems like all parties are desperate to get this over with quickly.

Honestly, the signing makes me nervous. Sancho is a genuine world class talent, and based on his output he is one of the best in the world in his position, however, I have concerns about him needing an overlapping fullback to play with which we dont have.

We have a glaring void on the right, and whilst Sancho will start games in that position, his play style sees him dragged centrally more often, playing in that pocket between the opposition left back and centre back, for this to be successful he needs an attacking fullback to then stretch the defence out and give Sancho more room to manoeuvre. Whilst Wan-Bissaka has improved his attacking play considerably over the past season, I still dont think he is the best fit for a Sancho type player. This may explain why we are so keen on Trippier.

This has been proven in Sancho's form, his best spell came when he had Hakimi overlapping him at dortmund, who is arguably the best wingback in the world now at Inter.
You know your football!

At the end of the day, he's a class player. Really is. I'm sure you'll add players that improve you such as Trippier.

Once you get him, then you worry about the rest I guess.

My concern is whether Ole is good enough to be able to get the best out of him, and to set up the team according to his strengths etc.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know your football!

At the end of the day, he's a class player. Really is. I'm sure you'll add players that improve you such as Trippier.

Once you get him, then you worry about the rest I guess.

My concern is whether Ole is good enough to be able to get the best out of him, and to set up the team according to his strengths etc.
I think Sancho will suit the way Ole likes to play, we play with interchanging forwards, which will allow for Sancho to change flanks and pick his spots. We’ve been one of the highest scoring teams under Ole, I think his biggest test is sorting out the midfield.

If Ole continues to trust Mctominay and Fred together in a double pivot behind Bruno then we can forget about challenging for any major titles. If our only source of creativity in the midfield comes from Bruno then I can see the likes of Sancho struggling, you need to give your attacking players the platform to showcase what they have.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ole has been blessed with probably our best crop of youth players coming through since probably the class of 92.

Other than Greenwood who is still 19, we have James Garner, Ethan Laird, Shola Shoretire, Teden Mengi, Charlie McNeil, Ethan Galbraith and Will Fish. Amad Diallo and Facundo Pellistri, two players that were bought last year.

Ethan Laird is a 19 year old attacking right back, coming through he was considered on par with Greenwood talent wise, some even regarding him a bigger talent. He was bagging 20 goals a season from the fullback spot. Has suffered a few injuries which has stagnated his development but he went out on loan to MK Dons in January and was regularly one of their best performers. Made his debut for us in the Europa League last season.

James Garner, recently turned 20, a holding midfielder who is excellent on the ball. Made 7 appearances for our first team over the last two seasons before going out on loan to Watford, made 20 appearances for them and was a regular until they sacked their manager and the new manager didn’t seem to favour him, United cut his loan short and sent him out to Nottingham forest, Garner coming was a major factor in Forest going from relegation favorites to finishing around mid table, constantly bossed the midfield and bagged a few goals from deep.

Shoretire only recently turned 17 and broke through into the first team towards the back end of the season, a technical winger type. Considered one of our best talents, was heavily chased by Barcelona before signing a pro contract with us. Physically he isn’t ready to make much of an impact but has all the talent in the world.

Diallo at only 18 years old may yet be the best of the bunch, plenty of scouts have named him as the best attacking player coming through for his age group, has had some phenomenal touch’s on the ball in his few minutes in the first team, on the ball he looks great, still a bit weak physically but he has the body frame that can see him build some solid strength.

These 4 as well as Greenwood are easily the best crop of U21 footballers at any side in Europe. If Ole manages to develop and integrate them into the first team slowly then there’s no reason why they can’t be the backbone to a potential world class side. I’m usually pessimistic about young players coming through but like I said, our club hasn’t seen this many class talents coming through in a long time.