Opinion Kyle Flanagan deserves another chance.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That was by far his best game (probably his only "good" game so far here) but I think Averillo has shown him up a bit in regards to how to play halfback and what Barrett wants (Averillo isn't even a halfback, he's a running five-eighth). He's on too much in the salary cap to not get another go so I'm sure he'll get another go eventually. Since Flanagan is only an "organiser" and is more suited to being a traditional halfback playstyle wise we can't even play him as a 6 (five-eighth) because he doesn't have a running game or creativity (won't offer anything). I think it's a little strange he's not getting a run in NSW cup, is he injured?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing like Steve Mortimer, but hey human beings can adapt.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That was by far his best game (probably his only "good" game so far here) but I think Averillo has shown him up a bit in regards to how to play halfback and what Barrett wants (Averillo isn't even a halfback, he's a running five-eighth). He's on too much in the salary cap to not get another go so I'm sure he'll get another go eventually. Since Flanagan is only an "organiser" and is more suited to being a traditional halfback playstyle wise we can't even play him as a 6 (five-eighth) because he doesn't have a running game or creativity (won't offer anything). I think it's a little strange he's not getting a run in NSW cup, is he injured?
think they said he had a rib cartilage injury but he could have played with an injection so not sure why he isnt playing mounties, he might be named late once team list is culled to play mounties

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Considering our whole team has had a 100 chances I suppose he deserves another go but I have zero faith in him. I’d like to see him and a few more that are contracted for next year moved on ASAP

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
could also be a reason why he didnt take it to line as much in later games?
He hasn’t taken the line on in his whole career and until he does his game won’t improve. He’s too one dimensional at the minute and without a running game to take pressure off himself he’s a sitting duck.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Second chances should be earned.. what has he done to earn another opportunity.. hasn't even played reggie's ffs.. we don't need snowflakes in our squad we are soft enough already..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Way too much drama for a player of his level. Gets dropped @ roosters and there's massive fallout and he's gone within a year. Gets dropped with us and he cries and doesn't play reserve grade for weeks because he has a mysterious injury despite being named in the 21.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we never see that fraud in our jersey ever again.

Typical coaches son, just there because of daddy. See it all the time in JRL.
Not only JRL but junior cricket as well. I remember a father umpiring from the end his son was bowling at. Took 70 wickets most seasons with over half of them LBW's.

When he went to grade with proper badged umpires the friendly decisions dried up. He had not learnt alternative ways of taking wickets and after 2 seasons where he never got promoted out of 5th grade he was never seen again.

Father ruined his career.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn't "deserve" anything.
He needed to go back Mounties and find some form.

Instead, it seems to me that he's been sulking - I don't believe the rib cartilage story at all

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Second chances should be earned.. what has he done to earn another opportunity.. hasn't even played reggie's ffs.. we don't need snowflakes in our squad we are soft enough already..
You are spot on - out perform,out enthuse those in the position you want - hard to do if you don't play - but the bar is low - earn it!

Reactions: GDR