Opinion Possible spine

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon Smith - He should be our main target for recruitment. Don't care how much he costs, just get it done.

Shaun Johnson - I'm a fan of his and think he still has a lot to offer and a few food years left in him. He'd still have the hunger to win a premiership, which hasn't happened for him up to this point. Issue is his asking price would be on the higher end and he does carry risk. He could be another Foran for us. Flanagan comes cheaper and I think he'll step up with the right players around him.

Matt Burton - If it wasn't for his signing I'd be frightened going into 2022. The team needs to be built around him.

Matt Dufty - When he's on, it's damn good to watch. His attacking skills are 10/10 and we struggle to score points... So his signing would be a no brained to me. We'd have to somehow cut loose DWZ and Allan though for me to feel comfortable signing Dufty.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon Smith - He should be our main target for recruitment. Don't care how much he costs, just get it done.

Shaun Johnson - I'm a fan of his and think he still has a lot to offer and a few food years left in him. He'd still have the hunger to win a premiership, which hasn't happened for him up to this point. Issue is his asking price would be on the higher end and he does carry risk. He could be another Foran for us. Flanagan comes cheaper and I think he'll step up with the right players around him.

Matt Burton - If it wasn't for his signing I'd be frightened going into 2022. The team needs to be built around him.

Matt Dufty - When he's on, it's damn good to watch. His attacking skills are 10/10 and we struggle to score points... So his signing would be a no brained to me. We'd have to somehow cut loose DWZ and Allan though for me to feel comfortable signing Dufty.
Buzz has an article this morning that we are in that’s with Johnson

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with this spine we can be very competitive moving forward

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if Smith, Johnson and Dufty are possible. I'd be happy with

1. Dufty
6. Averillo
7. Burton
9. Smith
To gain B Smith we might have to give up Avo I don’t see them wanting anyone else Johnson will bring much needed experience

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No way I want Johnson. Injured too much and his 1 great game every 2 months isnt enough.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way I want Johnson. Injured too much and his 1 great game every 2 months isnt enough.
He is much better then what we have I’m
Not talking about SJ but the whole package

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is much better then what we have I’m
Not talking about SJ but the whole package
Most of the nrl is better than what we have, so that's no achievement. SJ is the whole package, a few times a year. Surely we can do better. Tbh id rather a averillo/burton halves combo over a johnson/burton combo

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the nrl is better than what we have, so that's no achievement. SJ is the whole package, a few times a year. Surely we can do better. Tbh id rather a averillo/burton halves combo over a johnson/burton combo
Take injury away from him cause anyone can get injured I think he just might need to be managed a lil better regarding that why do you think Avo would be a better half’s combo then SJ don’t forget he is a great goal kicker as well plus organiser

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Avo
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
9. Smith
All I want to see, nothing more, nothing less

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Take injury away from him cause anyone can get injured I think he just might need to be managed a lil better regarding that why do you think Avo would be a better half’s combo then SJ don’t forget he is a great goal kicker as well plus organiser
Averillo has upside, SJ doesn't. I just think that we can do better.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ideally
1. JAC
6. Averillo
7. Burton
9. Smith

Otherwise