DWZ consolidated thread

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In ready’s mail today he mentioned Dwz maybe on a mid season move to a club showing genuine interest after obviously not nailing down a regular position of fullback in our side

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's our first choice fullback. He's also been one of our best players this year. With how he's currently playing a club would probably pick him up at full price (reportedly 550k). The only thing I have against him this year is he can't ball play which is what you need for a fullback (need to be a second five-eighth imo).

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we can benefit long term from it there’s no point worrying about this season. It’s done.
[/QUOTE
What do we benefit from letting our best outside back early. Were short on experience and quality as it is

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If it frees up $500k for the next few seasons then we get a lot out of it
Yeah at the end of the year when we get jac and naden we should. But not this season with no one to replace him

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah at the end of the year when we get jac and naden we should. But not this season with no one to replace him
Why does it matter? He’s not the difference between winning and losing games and the chance the move him on at the end of the season might not be there.

If a club is keen to take him and we get a good deal out of it there’s no point holding on to him for the rest of this year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let him go. He’s a one dimensional front rower in a outside backs body plus he’s on big bucks.
Absolutely spot on. There's more to being a fullback these days then taking the ball up hard and running into the opposition. I admire his determination and effort but we have alot of money tied up in him which could be used more wisely.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does it matter? He’s not the difference between winning and losing games and the chance the move him on at the end of the season might not be there.

If a club is keen to take him and we get a good deal out of it there’s no point holding on to him for the rest of this year.
If he is on $550k how much freight would you pay?

I remember the club saying a few years ago that they wouldn’t do that anymore but that’s a simplistic approach. If you have that mindset then you can never get out of a bad deal.

I reckon $150-$200k freight to free up space for next year. No one is paying him more than $350-$400k