The Unlosable Match

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr Hewson will always be remembered for losing the "unlosable election" in 1993 against Paul Keating after that infamous "Cake and GST" radio interview during a recession, record interest rates and mass unemployment. Congratulations to the 2021 Dogs side after today's disgraceful capitulation against an 11/12 Canberra side - you have taken that cake from Dr Hewson.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I agree, I'll respectively disagree. The Men Upstairs will Always have the final say on who wins and how. But yes, on face value.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So 50-0 or 38-0 weren't bad losses? That will do me. Yes we capitulated, but we had positive moments in today's game.
The team gave us hope and then lost an unlosable game (11/12 vs 13). This definitely feels like our worst loss of the season (yes more positives like you said, but still feels like the worst and hardest to recover from).

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 50-0 or 38-0 weren't bad losses? That will do me. Yes we capitulated, but we had positive moments in today's game.
We were never in those games is the point playing teams classes above us we never had a chance we were on top yesterday that game was in the bag and virtually impossible to lose but somehow they did 100% the most disappointing loss

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We were never in those games is the point playing teams classes above us we never had a chance we were on top yesterday that game was in the bag and virtually impossible to lose but somehow they did 100% the most disappointing loss
Yeah I can agree with that. To roll over against a struggling team with 11 players is fukin embarrassing. Then to watch Sticky go from a "cooked" look on his face to cheering as they surpassed us was ridiculous.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree, definitely not our worse loss. The game management and school boy errors were costly which makes it feel the more disappointing but looking at it another way, we scored 18 points (seemingly our match ceiling) but bombed numerous other try scoring opportunities. Most weeks we barely look like scoring and tbh if we expect to win, we need to be scoring more. Averillo in particular made a couple of bad errors late but he was threatening throughout. He was straightening the attack and was a threat with ball in hand but also recognized early ball to the outside men was also needed. A poor loss but looked far more likely to me

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We weren't in those games. Yesterday the game was in the bag & somehow these fuckers lost it. After the game, I couldn't move from my seat for a few minutes. Some Broncos fans tried to make me feel better by saying, I know how you feel. I replied not thinking, you lost by 44 points, they said last week against the Cows. They suggested both teams join forces to be doubly shit. :laughing::tearsofjoy:

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painful to watch because we were given hope - this team is definitely testing my sanity. However, up a against a team with representatives in the 6, 7 and 9 we were always going to struggle to close out that game. There were some dumb plays - I can forgive the rookies but the mistakes / choices from our more experienced players were infuriating.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unloosable...in comes the Bulldogs to prove everyone wrong. At least we win that title.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Dr Hewson will always be remembered for losing the "unlosable election" in 1993 against Paul Keating after that infamous "Cake and GST" radio interview during a recession, record interest rates and mass unemployment. Congratulations to the 2021 Dogs side after today's disgraceful capitulation against an 11/12 Canberra side - you have taken that cake from Dr Hewson.
Tell me something did you really think the dogs were going to win against Canberra?
Canberra lost 5 in a row.

We where in the game the whole time until they where down to 12 men and Elliot gave away a penalty then katoa gave a six again, we where on the back foot Canberra with all the momentum and they scored,

after that we didn’t touch the ball for 5 minutes.
Point is it took 2 morons to fuck us up and we struggled to close the game.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree.

The cake goes to when we were up by 14 with 5 minutes left, then lost to Canberra.