Religious Discussion Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. The left ignored it.... Except here's one of the most left wing news sources posting stories about it

Side note though, yeah. It's a major problem in China. The Uyghyrs gave the CCP a focus and they backed off on Christian persecution, but it's likely to ramp up more in the coming months. Here's a left wing news source talking about it.

9 months ago

However has been highlighted a lot longer than that by "left" sources

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait I’ve never mentioned having debates with my religion is persecution lolll I don’t know where
You got that from. The onus is on you remember, you care for “all” groups. Not just groups allied with the left. So please elaborate on your vocal protests about the continuos persecution of Christians globally.
Read the brackets after that comment. Im not saying you were. Was more of a side point.

Last time i have been vocal about persecution of a christian because they are Christian. Well, i helped my ultra religious best friend who is Coptic petition against the arrest of his uncle im Egypt for being "outspoken" about his faith and "inciting violence".

This year, i argued with my rugby club for what i was considered the unfair division of the two under 7 team. I thought the well trained/experience islamic coach took all the good islamic players to make one team, and put the inexperienced Christian kids and aussie kids in the other team.

So yeh i don't understand.... i do care lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
China needs to drop communism, I like some things but they are still dirty commies. I see potential for them. But right now I can’t even side with the west. Hence my home is the Catholic Church.
Agreed. Communism needs to be dumped in China but it's now too strongly ingrained in everything they do. The only way they'll drop Communism is if WW3 breaks out and they suffer heavy losses.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A thread that's started because of the Greek orthodox church's bishop has funnelled money for his own benefit has turned into Catholics saying they are persecuted more than any others

Just saying

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read the brackets after that comment. Im not saying you were. Was more of a side point.

Last time i have been vocal about persecution of a christian because they are Christian. Well, i helped my ultra religious best friend who is Coptic petition against the arrest of his uncle im Egypt for being "outspoken" about his faith and "inciting violence".

This year, i argued with my rugby club for what i was considered the unfair division of the two under 7 team. I thought the well trained/experience islamic coach took all the good islamic players to make one team, and put the inexperienced Christian kids and aussie kids in the other team.

So yeh i don't understand.... i do care lol
If true well done. Drop the indirect anti catholic rhetoric here then. Copts are an extremely persecuted group in the Mid East/Africa. Only one of many. And it’s at the hands of islamists, not an invisible group that has mental issues. Now that’s just
One group, shall we speak about Lebanon :grinning: lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A thread that's started because of the Greek orthodox church's bishop has funnelled money for his own benefit has turned into Catholics saying they are persecuted more than any others

Just saying
It does look like it has turned into a contest but that was my point of due to a ignoring attitude towards persecution to Catholics and Christians not just Catholics it createsthat “illusion” that were fighting for the greatest of victims. Stating facts about Catholics being persecuted shouldn’t be seen as that but it is because you lot ignore it or laugh it off and bring up other groups “more” persecuted. If the standards were the same on your guys end, there wouldn’t be this illusion of us trying to win greatest victims of the world.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If true well done. Drop the indirect anti catholic rhetoric here then. Copts are an extremely persecuted group in the Mid East/Africa. Yeah not one of many. And it’s at the hands of islamists, not an invisible group that has mental issues. Now that’s just
One group, shall we speak about Lebanon :grinning: lol
I am an atheist. I am allowed to disagree with religon but care for victims of persecution (including religious persecution).

So no, i will continue with my comments here. As i would hope you feel entitled continuing with yours.

And, just because i am an outspoken atheist. Doesn't mean i wouldn't want to sit, have a beer, and enjoy a religious debate with you. It would be more civil than the debates with my best man.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am an atheist. I am allowed to disagree with religon but care for victims of persecution (including religious persecution).

So no i will continue with my comments here. As i would hope you feel entitled continuing with yours.

And, just because i am an outspoken atheist. Doesn't mean i wouldn't want to sit, have a beer, and enjoy a religious debate with you. It would be more civil than the debates with my best man.
You misunderstood my comment. Having anti catholic rhetoric along with being silent of Christian persecution when brought up but are vocal about other groups allied with the left gives that impression of not caring about Christian persecution. Be anti catholic all you want. That’s free will. You’re not achieving anything by it though.
Essentially don’t let your anti catholic agenda blind you to the truths of their persecution globally

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Just saying
And everytime a Black Lives Matter thread starts it automatically turns into "what about white people?"

I'm glad no one started a thread for cancer patients. Someone would immediately post, "I stubbed my toe, what about me?"

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You misunderstood my comment. Having anti catholic rhetoric along with being silent of Christian persecution when brought up but are vocal about other groups allied with the left gives that impression of not caring about Christian persecution. Be anti catholic all you want. That’s free will. You’re not achieving anything by it though.
Essentially don’t let your anti catholic agenda blind you to the truths of their persecution globally
Who is silent? The argument was based on "who is MOST persecuted".one side said Christians one said Rohingyans.

I have never seen Hacky or the lefties on here deny Christian persecution or dismiss it with snide comments. I have never seen the left on here say "oh the *christian denomination*, arnt they the ones trying to promote Christian stuff that the goverment doesn't want or agree with"

***Why aren't you so vocal about the persecution of the Rohingyans, or of other minorities. Why is it that you use your right bias to focus on Christian persecution***

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously???

Massive facepalm
Come on man you of all people should know about the brutal treatment of Christian in recent history. Turkey is guilty of one of the worst atrocities that until now surprisingly and baffling Biden acknowledged.
Who is silent? The argument was based on "who is MOST persecuted".one side said Christians one said Rohingyans.

I have never seen Hacky or the lefties on here deny Christian persecution or dismiss it with snide comments. I have never seen the left on here say "oh the *christian denomination*, arnt they the ones trying to promote Christian stuff that the goverment doesn't want or agree with"

***Why aren't you so vocal about the persecution of the Rohingyans, or of other minorities. Why is it that you use your right bias to focus on Christian persecution***
bro stop lying lol. They are silent especially in comparison to other groups. Why aren’t you understanding that? Or you do but you can’t admit it?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on man you of all people should know about the brutal treatment of Christian in recent history. Turkey is guilty of one of the worst atrocities that until now surprisingly and baffling Biden acknowledged.
I've said this to you multiple times, I'm against all forms of persecution or oppression against any group of people.

Eg having a problem with islamophobia in the western world doesn't mean that "lefties" don't give a shit about persecution of women and homosexuals in the middle eastern Islamic world, ie we're more than capable of opposing both

You have blinkers where you struggle to see that.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've said this to you multiple times, I'm against all forms of persecution or oppression against any group of people.

Eg having a problem with islamophobia in the western world doesn't mean that "lefties" don't give a shit about persecution of women and homosexuals in the middle eastern Islamic world, ie we're more than capable of opposing both

You have blinkers where you struggle to see that.
No I understand frhat, you’re failing to understand when you lot always just harp on your allies persecutions and as soon as catholic persecution is mentioned the sarcastic oh victim card is pulled and then oh but they’re not the most persecuted, it creates this “toxic” environment where it turns into a competition. But reality is social media, these are actual victims not politically correct designates victims

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

bro stop lying lol. They are silent especially in comparison to other groups. Why aren’t you understanding that? Or you do but you can’t admit it?
AGAIN.

That was not the argument. Far out dude. You constantly do this. Change the narrative of the argument to deflect to your comfort zones.

The context of THIS argument was surrounded around "THE MOST" persecuted.

What do you want them to do. Start a Rohingyan persecution thread and add a disclaimer *i also care about other people being persecuted including Christians*

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No I understand frhat, you’re failing to understand when you lot always just harp on your allies persecutions and as soon as catholic persecution is mentioned the sarcastic oh victim card is pulled and then oh but they’re not the most persecuted, it creates this “toxic” environment where it turns into a competition. But reality is social media, these are actual victims not politically correct designates victims
Where Christians are pre-dominantly persecuted are within the middle east and Islamic African countries, the issues and problems surrounding these areas are quite complicated and have no easy solutions. By all means create a thread on the forum and open discussion.

However this thread started as the Greek orthodox bishop scamming money from aged care homes and don't forget 41 people died from covid19 at St basil's aged care home. Yet this important issue has been hijacked and derailed in this thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And everytime a Black Lives Matter thread starts it automatically turns into "what about white people?"

I'm glad no one started a thread for cancer patients. Someone would immediately post, "I stubbed my toe, what about me?"
Fuck the toe stubbers, Transplant recipients lives matter!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AGAIN.

That was not the argument. Far out dude. You constantly do this. Change the narrative of the argument to deflect to your comfort zones.

The context of THIS argument was surrounded around "THE MOST" persecuted.

What do you want them to do. Start a Rohingyan persecution thread and add a disclaimer *i also care about other people being persecuted including Christians*
What a cop out. The most globally are Christians anyway.