Are we signing Cheese? We must be crackers!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Please tell me your not comparing the quality of Brandon Smith to Mitch Rein..
He is. He is.

But

I sadly inform The Kennel that Utility Half has been officially certified mad and is luckily comfortably settled now in his padded cell.

The Club are offering all welfare support possible at this time.

Utility welcomes all get well cards be sent via Adam Elliott who will pass them on.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is. He is.

But

I sadly inform The Kennel that Utility Half has been officially certified mad and is luckily comfortably settled now in his padded cell.

The Club are offering all welfare support possible at this time.

Utility welcomes all get well cards be sent via Adam Elliott who will pass them on.
Fake news. I talk sense.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what position the cheese plays for us. He is better than most of our players in any position including half back. We hardly have any Dogs of war players in our side currently. There are wingers in others sides who run rings around our forwards. I would trade all of our in coming backs for a bunch of first class forwards that can dominate other packs. Then even Lewis would be able to run our attack.
i miss the days when our hookers were just as scary as our toughest front rowers.
Mark Bugden, Billy Johnstone, Joe Thomas, Jason Hetherington. Even Corey Hughes was nuisance and they all where premiership players.
I see the cheese as a typical bulldog competitor. Sometimes it's not about skill but about mongrel.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i miss the days when our hookers were just as scary as our toughest front rowers.
Mark Bugden, Billy Johnstone, Joe Thomas, Jason Hetherington. Even Corey Hughes was nuisance and they all where premiership players.
I see the cheese as a typical bulldog competitor. Sometimes it's not about skill but about mongrel.
It's got to the stage where yes we need this guy. Not just for his playing value but for his schtick on and off the field.

We need a huge shake up and a more positive vibe around the place.

If he lives up to his current form, he will be an excellent buy to help us out of the doldrums we are in.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's got to the stage where yes we need this guy. Not just for his playing value but for his schtick on and off the field.

We need a huge shake up and a more positive vibe around the place.

If he lives up to his current form, he will be an excellent buy to help us out of the doldrums we are in.
I agree totally. If we have a hooker that makes tackles hurt, then the bigger guys would surely have to lift their intensity.
On another note if we need a slick dummy half pass, we have Luke Thompson :grinning:
Best pass I've seen all year by a bulldog that put DWZ over.
Gave me a heart attack seeing DWZ trying to improve his position.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t get it.

If we had a chance to get grant sure I get it. I’d say noChance.

Outside of grant and cook, b Smith would be my choice at 9 These days.

I understand he isn’t grant. He isn’t c Smith. Hey guess what burton isn’t Thurston. Could he be an elite half! Sure.

It’s like saying don’t replace Napa with Taupau/Rudolph/tapine etc cause he isn’t haas? Wtf ?

Thougb b Smith with time (not just off season but a few seasons in the jersey) can be an elite 9. He has shown in games this year with 10kg+ frame. He’s shown in rep games against aus and indigenous all stars he can rip games apart there.

Give him class which burton certainly appears to be along with others like Jac Thompson cotric naden etc and I am sure he can be what we need.

He also is as tough as Fucking nails. Has a attitude and determination installed in him we need. He has learnt from one of the best coach’s, the best hooker ever?

He hits like a fucking truck which can hopefully show someone else in our pack now to...

Deadset sign the Fucking **** ASAP!

He is our best option by a Fucking mile.

Give them time and we will be a threat.

Not to mention we fix a position that has been fucked for years.... Katoa and jmk..... licha... get fucked.

More then happy to see topine spell him for 10 minutes each side of half time or whatever and then push back to lock when smiths rested. Hell even see if deitz off the bench for some
Impact.

Will be a huge upgrade for us in ever fucking aspect.

Last edited:

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won our last premiership with adam perry,
The cheese would suit us, but his passing isnt as good as some though.
Cheese would be a good start towards a decent pack to build around.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until he's signed. He's a hooker playing lock 10 kgs over his ideal weight because he's had Cameron Smith, the goat, and Grant, a prodigy, best player to build a club around in the game, ahead of him.. he's been terrific this year and at international level at hooker... he's one of the best characters in the game... If someone's going to inspire this team it's him (as a person and playstyle)...
Spot on

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of the diversity on TK lol

I think he is part of the click bait team here who get paid based on reactions and comments...there's Foxanyday, Nash etc etc etc :grinning:
Probably all Nasheed masquerading under different profiles!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I first read that as Josh Hoffman. I was about to find you and end you

Prefer b Smith personally to Hodgson these days. Time isn’t on Hodgson side at all.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don’t we throw some money at Hodgson? Journos are talking he has stood down as Raiders captain and of course the broncos made an offer

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think Smith at hooker will be a disaster.
He has bulked up and hasnt got that agility he had presumably, and his age will catch up very quickly with both his lifestyle, bulking and gametime. he will start to be clunky, guy played prop last year ffs.
Willing to have a conversation about him at lock but das it bro.

For a hooker, mahoney, sterling, hodgson, Rein if we cant get dARYL CLARK.

Someonbe like rein is a genuinely good option for two yers just to tie thangs over until someone else shows up.

Not every ourchase needs to be a purchase with 10 years in mind

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why don’t we throw some money at Hodgson? Journos are talking he has stood down as Raiders captain and of course the broncos made an offer
The only issue i see is he has family establisjed in canberra.
but then again, if he left a country to come elsewhere then i dont see why he cant temporarily leave canberra. He wont be cheap but.