Official Bulldogs Members Forum

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I thought that was interesting too.
Wonder who he is referring to and what they would lie about.
Don’t think targeted at anyone specifically, more just setting the expectation of respect and accountability and that the four pillars aren’t just hollow words…

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler, Payten and Walters I’d say for starters but then think: Who do the Storm appoint post Bellamy, how do Bunnies feel about Demetriou post Skeletor? Lots of coaching changes coming up and likely a few player movements associated with that. No wonder managers are knocking on the door at Belmore…
and don't forget Madge, Brown, O'Brien and Cleary (yes Penrith have won a million games in a row but credit goes to Gus, Baz and Ciraldo).
He'd be on par with Fitzgibbon and Holbrook at the moment so we might have decent competition with the Tits and Sharks for recruits.
The one big advantage that Baz has is that he is an excellent communicator so he's able to clearly sell our vision to potential recruits.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mae ploy, no expense spared
This may come down to the poll itself. If it was put this way:

Do you think the Bulldogs home should be at:
A. Homebush
B. Belmore

Well you'd expect around 80% voting 'B'.

If instead you said something like:

Looking to the future, what should the Bulldogs do in regards the location of their home games and upgrading training facilities?
A. Existing system, games at Homebush, training at Belmore
B. Games and training at Belmore
C. Brand new purpose built stadium in/near Liverpool for games, training in Belmore
D. Brand new purpose built stadium and training facilities in/near Liverpool

I reckon you'd get a very different response, and probably a majority opting for either 'C' or 'D'.
One would think that "C" would present the better option due to having the ability to host traditional "return to Belmore" rounds for special games or occasions.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Benji is bad example tbh. Dont think hes etiher of those.
No Benji is more simply because he didn’t fit the bill of not wanting players just to ‘win 1-2 extra games this year’ (Baz’ words last night). I wasn’t specifically suggesting Benji wanted big money - more that the Dogs don’t want band-aid solutions.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Benji is more simply because he didn’t fit the bill of not wanting players just to ‘win 1-2 extra games this year’ (Baz’ words last night). I wasn’t specifically suggesting Benji wanted big money - more that the Dogs don’t want band-aid solutions.
Fair enough, thought you were referring to Benji as one that doesnt care beyond their paycheque or looking for a super top up. Cos he defs deserves more respect than that

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Trent loves this club and it’s players half as much as he loves his tracksuits then we’re in good hands people.
On what i have seen of late he is all in and it's pretty good to see.
Also is a great "model" for the clubs apparel as you pointed out he fuckin lives in the kit!! subsequently everyone wants one.Can't think of another coach who wears it so well and sells it without having to try, studly bastard must give more than the odd woman a moisty surely :laughing:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Every so and so years someone special comes along and just defies the odds. Kids these days just grow at an enormous rate. March next year is still 10 months away. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's playing FG from round 1 next year.
I'd still be surprised if it's that early. He will be in the picture but we probably won't know until we see him play Flegg this year and get through another preseason.

Dogahol

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was made clear that some of the comments at the forum were not for public consumption. Also no photos. Guess some internet clout is more important

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It was made clear that some of the comments at the forum were not for public consumption. Also no photos. Guess some internet clout is more important
No they said no recording - video or audio.
I personally asked a director if a couple of podium photos were OK and they said yes provided that was it. The same director also admitted they couldn’t keep the Naden news for the forum even if released to the media during or after the forum as they’ve done in the past - he signed Wednesday morning and it was announced same day. Also precisely why they don’t talk about more sensitive matters at member forums. Also why I have not published selected comments that could be taken out of context. Relax, Chief.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club leadership gave the members an update tonight:
View attachment 23676
Wharby spoke about the clubs strategic direction. It’s all about ‘sustainable strength’ and getting us back to where we used to be - the blueprint that the Storm and Chooks copied. He speaks and sells a great story.
View attachment 23677
Baz spoke. Reassured members that Burton is coming for 2022 and the media and Fletcher nonsense is just that. Said that inevitable squad changes for 2022 will be handled with respect and honesty for departing players. Says he backs the playing group 100% but ‘if they lie to me they’ve lost me’ - driving respect and accountability. Says Steve Hansen is coming to Sydney soon now that the bubble is open and that he’s working with the board on the larger strategic goals.
View attachment 23678
JK gave a thorough update on everything from sponsorship to community to political connections with both sides (Labor’s Tony Burke is a club patron and assisting with future stadia planning) and in Queensland we have another patron in David Littleproud of the Nats who’s helping drive club vision and support given 10% of our members are canetoads and it’s a massive market for us. Spoke about the importance of juniors and how we’re tracking well there - and that V’Landys is a big grass roots supporter. JK and Wharby also spoke to V’Landys and Abdo about how the restart rule has not worked in our favour and V’Landys agrees there will need to be more referee accountability for the 6-again rule.
View attachment 23679
Then there was Q&A with JK, Wharby and John White (CFO) where the usual whingers aired their grievances but overall it was a positive and worthwhile update.
Good on ya Dinkum

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im hopeful Alamoti will play Flegg for the rest of this year once his current injury heals - another step up which will give a clearer idea of how close he is to fg.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz mentioned Alomoti a lil bit yesterday and by the way he was talking he had him up there with Stephen Crichton from the Panthers and that he might be starting Rd 1 come next year I haven’t seen him play has anyone seen him play how good is this kid ?
Goes good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No they said no recording - video or audio.
I personally asked a director if a couple of podium photos were OK and they said yes provided that was it. The same director also admitted they couldn’t keep the Naden news for the forum even if released to the media during or after the forum as they’ve done in the past - he signed Wednesday morning and it was announced same day. Also precisely why they don’t talk about more sensitive matters at member forums. Also why I have not published selected comments that could be taken out of context. Relax, Chief.
Na brah I'm snitching on you.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like the Chairman is upset at discussion amongst members and fans - considering they're going to continue the Q&A outside the forum.
Forum.png

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great feedback DD & Natboy
I missed it due to work but will make a conservative effort to attend the next meeting.
It really sounds like our club is finally in good hands and heading in the right direction
The junior development program will play a major role in our future success.
Cheers