Opinion Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

• Belmore

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • Stadium Australia

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Bankwest

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • A purpose built Bankwest type stadium in Liverpool/Moorebank area

Votes: 69 46.3%

• Total voters

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s exactly what JK said last night mate. You’re a smart man
Haha thank you mate. And thanks for the updates. I would have liked to have been there last night but work commitments prevented that. It’s good to get quality updates from members like yourself and the great DD.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha thank you mate. And thanks for the updates. I would have liked to have been there last night but work commitments prevented that. It’s good to get quality updates from members like yourself and the great DD.
Cheers mate. We’ll catch up with you at the next one

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like stadium Australia. But hey I'm just selfish because it only takes 10 mins to get there.

Reactions: TAS

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I simply don't agree that Belmore is unsuitable, first step build a multi story car park over the railway line, Transport NSW desperately wants to sell the airspace over railway lines. A ticket to the game also includes parking. That can be used for public parking during the week for access to the railway station, via a walkway to the eastern end of the platforms. Then build a big, main, eastern grandstand on Peter Moore Field and extended the existing western grandstand. Both to have corporate hospitality, catering, toilet facilities etc.

Building it is easy, getting development approval is the problem, Canterbury Bankstown Council is run by lefty looneys and both local members (Sophie Cotsis & Tania Mihailuk) are Labour hence not in State Government power to have any influence whatsoever, and they are both useless members anyway that do nothing for the area and oppose pretty much every DA. The Federal Member, Tony Burke another Labour ex-union hack, has no interest whatsoever in his local area, he has "other" priorities.

Go Dogs

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Def around Bankstown airport we are called Canterbury Bankstown for a reason the others are way to far

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool/moorebank gets my vote.
Access made easy by M5,M7 motorways for most from our traditional heartland areas Heathcote road gives quick access to fans from shire to Wollongong areas. Only downside would be fans from hills district with cumberland highway or woodville rd been the most direct route .
It's also between 2 good railway lines. East hills/macarthur and Liverpool.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think a stadium in Bankstown or a redeveloped Bemore is a real option. The only real options are the potential of a purpose built stadium in Liverpool or to continue using either Homebush or Bankwest I much prefer Liverpool.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We definitely need a home ground that we can call our own & other teams fear coming to. ANZ Stadium fears nobody because everybody is spread out & little atmosphere.

Personally put it in my back yard & knock down a few neighbour's houses, but then again it's probably too far to go. LOL

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Liverpool makes the most sense but definitely understand the sentiment behind a Bankstown area development

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears that our catchment has spread south west over the years and there is a strong supporter base in the Liverpool and greater south west area. Wests have never really made Campbelltown the fortress it could be and we could position ourselves for a future takeover in that area too. There are currently too many Sydney Clubs and moving to Liverpool could be an opportunity to get a geographical foothold on the south west. We need to be careful that sentimentality doesn't hurt the long term future of the club. I say position ourselves now and avoid a possible relocation to Cairns or Darwin somewhere down the track.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It appears that our catchment has spread south west over the years and there is a strong supporter base in the Liverpool and greater south west area. Wests have never really made Campbelltown the fortress it could be and we could position ourselves for a future takeover in that area too. There are currently too many Sydney Clubs and moving to Liverpool could be an opportunity to get a geographical foothold on the south west. We need to be careful that sentimentality doesn't hurt the long term future of the club. I say position ourselves now and avoid a possible relocation to Cairns or Darwin somewhere down the track.
We have too strong a Leagues Club and too much money for the NRL to try a legal fight with us. We ain't going nowhere.

Go Dogs

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Realistically the NSW Government isn't going to build a brand new stadium just for the Bulldogs. BankWest was build for primarily for Parra Eels & Wanderers and then also all the other sports teams in Sydney. Moore Park is the same; getting re-developed for Roosters/Sydney FC. If we are any chance of having a new stadium build for us it would need to be shared with another team. Instead of improving Stadium Australia, maybe put money into improving the old Sydney Showground as GWS are currently playing out of it. It had a few benefits such as being in 'our area', shared with another team and we have a history of playing games there. For me the big down-side of the showground is its shape; not ideal for watching footy so they would have to completely alter it.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, Belmore has that homely feel to it. A typical suburban ground in Sydney. The problem however will always be parking. On the best of days it can be hard to find parking around there as people just don't want to catch trains or buses. What needs to be done is have funding from the State and Federal Governments to update the stadium - by that I mean keep the ground but upgrade it like Parramatta did at Bankwest - but we know the Governments are not going to fund it anymore than basic upkeep - if that - so it looks like it'll stay as is for the time being.

I think having a second grandstand where the hill is will be the way to go - because there's no point in having a hill unless it's a Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon game (who wants to sit on grimy grass at night?) - and where Peter Moore oval is, turn that into a carpark. But the problem with that is the traffic leaving the ground will clog up when arriving and leave. Belmore is great but unless people start using public transport to get there, or park at the leagues club and walk, then access will continue to be an issue.
It worked for many years,arrive at the club around 12,lunch at the bistro,then around 1 make our way to the ground,with the thousands of others,back to the club where our cars were parked,couple more ales and head home, as nd the one thing belmore has going for it public transport is so easily accessible,train 500 metres from ground,buses on Canterbury road.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Realistically the NSW Government isn't going to build a brand new stadium just for the Bulldogs. BankWest was build for primarily for Parra Eels & Wanderers and then also all the other sports teams in Sydney. Moore Park is the same; getting re-developed for Roosters/Sydney FC.
The real reason is because Canterbury Bankstown is a locked in Labour area (Local, State and Federal) and no Liberal Government (Council, State or Federal) is going to waste its time spending money in an area in which they have no chance of winning an election. The same applies to the Labour Councilors, State and Federal members they know the only way they will not get elected is to resign, they don't have to do anything for the area to get re-elected. If the people of Canterbury Bankstown were half smart they would make sure it was a marginal electorate then they would get pork barrelled from both sides.

we are any chance of having a new stadium build for us it would need to be shared with another team. Instead of improving Stadium Australia, maybe put money into improving the old Sydney Showground as GWS are currently playing out of it. It had a few benefits such as being in 'our area', shared with another team and we have a history of playing games there. For me the big down-side of the showground is its shape; not ideal for watching footy so they would have to completely alter it.
The Showground is round, oval like an AFL field, not rectangular like a league, union or soccer field. Hence totally unsuitable, plus we tried it once and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Go Dogs