Opinion Matt Burton

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would vote these morons out if it happens.
I would burn down the leagues club but nothing would surprise me anymore we let go two players last year without any compo

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
yeah, im sure the bulldogs will happily tear up burtons contract when they wouldn't release him early

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would burn down the leagues club but nothing would surprise me anymore we let go two players last year without any compo
Not a player of this class though, would be devastating if we did this i can't believe it can possibly happen

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes for all those who missed it they said Panthers want to keep him and Brian Fletcher wants to have a meeting with him to try and convince him not to join the bulldogs. He told nine News that he believes if Burton left he would be making a huge mistake to come to winless bulldog side and if Canterbury really cared that they would let him stay with them!
Isn't that a breach of nrl rules? He's not off contract, he's contracted to us

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Play hardball. A contract is a contract and footy is not fair. He sits out 2 years if he wants to backflip

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't that a breach of nrl rules? He's not off contract, he's contracted to us
the only way to get out of a contract is if there is a loop hole in it! Surely they would have covered all avenues and made sure that it was airtight! But what they are wanting is for us to let him go... stressing that if we had his best interest that we should agree! Never could stand the Panthers... I really hope they make the finals and the storms whip their butts again!

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a player of this class though, would be devastating if we did this i can't believe it can possibly happen
True but the people running this club don’t have much of a brain so we’ll have to wait and see

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t fret , contract signed can’t don’t squat
Yeah that’s right. We have to release him from the deal just like any other contracted player which I can’t see happening. There is no such thing as backflipping or renigging anymore.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we do comment, I’d like to see us say no more talk about contracts and backflips, it’s in Burton’s best interest to leave him alone and let him enjoy his football. Burton will wear blue and white in 2022, we want to give him some space and concentrate on his last season with Panthers and wish them the best of luck.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Story says the Panthers want to turn him into a Centre.

Take the best half prospect in the game AND CONVERT HIM INTO A CENTRE?

That offer should blow anything we offered him out of the water.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Ben Barba
Ben Hannant
Sbw
all left through their contract??

If we don't get Burton we are screwed. We need to get some wins on the board to stop this rot