News Bulldogs Jack Hetherington facing lengthy ban after being sent off for tackle on Valentine Holmes

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury prop Jack Hetherington was given his marching orders by referee Ashley Klein after he clotheslined Cowboys fullback Valentine Holmes.

With 55 minutes played Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan kicked the ball high and into the right hand corner at Queensland Country Bank Stadium.

Kyle Feldt fielded the ball and passed inside to Holmes.

As the fullback tried to jink his way through the line, Hetherington caught Holmes round the neck and a melee ensued.

Fox League’s Andrew Voss said in commentary: “It’s the old-fashioned coat hanger, it’s a Hills hoist from Jack Hetherington.

“I’m thinking a send-off is the communication of Klein, he’s just said is there any reason why I shouldn’t? Jack Hetherington might be off the field here.”

Klein called Hetherington over before telling him he was off.

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett cut a forlorn figure on the sidelines as Hetherington trudged down the tunnel

Vision later seen on Fox League showed his anguish as Holmes ran straight down the middle to set Jake Granville up for the Cowboys.

“I’m not going to argue with that being a send-off,” said Fox League’s Greg Alexander.

“A send-off is subjective, but there was enough force and swing in that tackle to say that deserves to be a send-off.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Ofcourse ref saw who it was abd was like he is going no one will question it. Unfortunately when you have a tag of being to aggressive you can’t get away with it... plus add a dogs jersey ontop and your chances are pretty much non existent if staying in the field

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are the bulldogs, only that shit will happen against us..!! But it’s in the rules . Was fair call.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with that send off. I do have a problem with inconsistency. Holmes isn't going to miss a game, yet CNK who is out indefinitely was hit badly by Kikau in a way that was 100% unnecessary, and Kikau got no sanction. If the rule that got Hetho sent off has to do with player wellfare, how about getting a bit consistent with that idea and sanctioning players who cause injuries through completely unnecessary play.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
victor radley did the same shit lol
plus Holmes wrong footed him
The game is conditioned to treat certain things as worse. A coathanger is going to be recognised by most as pretty near the top of offenses. But maybe it is time for a rethink. You mention Radley and it does make you wonder what is worse, the swinging arm to the head or the coathanger to the shoulders/neck.