Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably cheap as chips.
Apparently he’s turned his life around. Was spotted staying back guiding the flegg through plays. When was the last time our seniors helped out the juniors? This is where we need to get to again to close the gap with the power clubs

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham has always been.shit, is shit and will continue to be shit as a 1st grade half-back. He may be a good reserve grade player or a bit part player in the 1st 17 that's it. I totally agree can people stop throwing him up as an option in 1st grade.
But he is an international half back!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm still expecting a couple of last minute changes prior to kick off.

I reckon Tui Katoa gets dropped and DWZ plays wing.

Then, Averillo plays fullback.

And Then Wakeham will start at 6.

The other option may be Cotric at fullback in a straight switch with DWZ

Just my guess anyway.

I honestly thought that Waddell should have got a spell this week as some of his defence has been unacceptable. Then only out of necessity I would put Jacko on the edge to tighten the D - Atoni back to lock as he did ok there last week & bring in Doorey on the bench.
I also would have dropped Nappa for Smith.

Perhaps he is persisting with Nappa just incase Panthers have a middle forward injury crisis - then take him for Burton.... Highly unlikely though.
The thing is Baz hasn't really made late changes so far. Most times we're 1-17 as per the team named on Tuesday unless there's an injury.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still expecting a couple of last minute changes prior to kick off.

I reckon Tui Katoa gets dropped and DWZ plays wing.

Then, Averillo plays fullback.

And Then Wakeham will start at 6.

The other option may be Cotric at fullback in a straight switch with DWZ

Just my guess anyway.

I honestly thought that Waddell should have got a spell this week as some of his defence has been unacceptable. Then only out of necessity I would put Jacko on the edge to tighten the D - Atoni back to lock as he did ok there last week & bring in Doorey on the bench.
I also would have dropped Nappa for Smith.

Perhaps he is persisting with Nappa just incase Panthers have a middle forward injury crisis - then take him for Burton.... Highly unlikely though.
not any more

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not too sure if it's legal. You would think if a player gets penalised for pushing an opponent contesting the ball during a kick or following an attacking raid, then why doesn't it apply on a defender getting pushed trying to get back in the line. And in our case, player was pushed into another defender taking him out of the contest to make the tackle. A form of obstruction. That play was a big turning point in any case.
So if the defender was onside you're allowed to push him but if he's offside and actually in the way you can't push him? Have a think about what you wrote. So by your logic if a marker isn't square and The dummy half runs at him and runs over him and causes him to knock over another defender are we penalising the dummy half?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Storm's at a $1.03 to win, obviously this isn't enough of sure thing for the NRL so we have a Sutton reffing just to make sure of it...
$1m investment to gain $30,000. Would anyone do it?

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's no way we win this but I think the game will tell us a lot about what kind of tweaks we need to make to our forward pack beyond this season. I really hope Thompson breathes some life into this team and Hetherington carries over the form from last week.

We need early points in this one to give the boys confidence because if Storm score early and often then it'll be a landslide.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1m investment to gain $30,000. Would anyone do it?
I spoke to a cabbie many years ago and he told me a story of a friend that put that sort of money on the Aussies in cricket against Sri Lanka and the the odds were around the same not to mention they had never won a game at that oval and their record on our home soil was atrocious. anyway he thought he could get a free expensive dinner for the wife but ended up losing it all - Sri lanka won and he drove cabs.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I spoke to a cabbie many years ago and he told me a story of a friend that put that sort of money on the Aussies in cricket against Sri Lanka and the the odds were around the same not to mention they had never won a game at that oval and their record on our home soil was atrocious. anyway he thought he could get a free expensive dinner for the wife but ended up losing it all - Sri lanka won and he drove cabs.
I'll just settle for $10 on the dogs.

Lose it, no big deal

Win it, then happy the dogs won and an extra $120 in the pocket

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Expert" tipper in the Roar.

To save the Bulldogs further embarrassment late Saturday, the NRL need to declare Stadium Australia a red zone and call the whole thing off. A side hasn’t scored a point for 3 weeks and runs into the Storm. Melbourne will win and the Bulldogs will bag another duck, unless Kyle Flanagan can kick a field goal late.