Rumour Possible new home

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember going to a game against the Sharks at Concord in 1988 before we went on to the GF. Had to walk down from Burwood Station. It’s currently a dust bowl as they rebuild it, but even the new one won’t be NRL suitable I don’t think.
Agreed, only just saw the note about the redevevelopment of Concord but you want somewhere that's a bit more accessible.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure how true it is. But I've heard that a huge part of why the Oasis project died off was that a significant number of council members in Liverpool at the time had interests in ensuring that the RSL there didn't have competition emerging for where people dropped their money in poker machines. From the teams perspective it's a huge pity. We haven't had a home ground advantage since Belmore became too outdated to be viable for more than an occasional game.

It's highly speculative if any of this goes beyond the discussion stages.
I heard/read the same thing. All the local businesses that would get extra competion also opposed the development, plus all the Liverpool Council corruption stuff emerged years later.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but why do we need further arguments and turf wars?
I'd prefer we utilise the growth in the Sth West and gain a bigger catchment area. Tigers are weak and disorganised so if we get more juniors it gives us far more salary cap benefit. If we don't then other teams will take the Tigers juniors that they waste. Look at Penrith so many juniors coming through they have an embarrassment of riches.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure BankWest is central for everyone at the minute I remember seeing some info a few years ago and the geographic spread of the supporters was very much focused on the south west. It's something that will need some detailed research and the club will have to find the trends for the next few decades.
There's a heap of supporters this way too as many moved over from all the Bulldogs LGA area south of Bankstown and Condell Park.

With a family I'm far more inclined to travel to games at Liverpool or even Homebush than Parramatta as Parramatta is incredibly inconvenient to get to and very busy once you're there.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's a heap of supporters this way too as many moved over from all the Bulldogs LGA area south of Bankstown and Condell Park.

With a family I'm far more inclined to travel to games at Liverpool or even Homebush than Parramatta as Parramatta is incredibly inconvenient to get to and very busy once you're there.
I must agree the supporters are wide spread but the ultimate is still a revamped Belmore Oval.. if not we should take the opportunity of Liverpool as its a vacant area close to the railway and buses. Moreover we should think about building an Academy here for the Juniors just up the road from Mounties who are our feeder bloodline of talent. This makes more sense the more i write and if you have a second leagues club more revenue..

Malla

Reaction score

What’s holding Belmore back is the location. Entrenched within suburban Belmore around housing and the railway tracks literally right on the edge of the field. The upgrade would be a waste of money

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I love it. Belmore will always be our home and we will continue to play a handful of games there, but having our own bankwest style stadium in Liverpool is brilliant
If they are developing Crest for junior development hub, then Liverpool seems a way off?

Malla

Reaction score
If they are developing Crest for junior development hub, then Liverpool seems a way off?
Yeah Not sure about Crest. Would be good as well... there’s already a pub there; or has it closed down

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Not sure about Crest. Would be good as well... there’s already a pub there; or has it closed down
Handle bar closed years ago, ran out of mid 50s blokes on the punt haha

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool; in the heart of Canterbury Bankstown.
Milperra moorebank George’s hall,literally 5 mins from Liverpool,we have always had a lot of support out there,I lived in glenfield,for 2 years,when we played in 2014 grand final,there were blue and white flags and streamers on cars everywhere,I was surprised at the amount of support there for the dogs.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not feeling Liverpool, I could live with it as long as it’s not called Liverpool stadium....

Actually no...surely there’s a way to upgrade Belmore

Last edited:

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Liverpool needs a stadium.

Huge growth area, a major CBD within greater Sydney. Airport will be nearby, major commercial development through the roof + residential growth spiralling further South West. Young families - potential to capture huge population of young people. The dogs had the foresight to plan our centre there 20 years ago - it fell through - imagine what we could have today if it got up.

Liverpool is the answer for the dogs long term future. It’s a stone’s throw from Bankstown - right next to Moorebank Rams...

Not sure what all the fuss is about...