Opinion Torpedo Spiral Kick

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's a dogs supporter
He is doing a good job of hiding it & besides, he is terrible. I am sure there would be at least 20 people on TK who would be better.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t know which of our backline can potentially execute a torpedo bomb, but I’ll bet my left testicle that the list doesn’t include Cotric... his chip-through attempt on the weekend was a fuckin disgrace... my old man used to kick me up the arse with more precision than that **** displayed.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with this style of kick is that it's not easy to do, yeah, it looks great when done right but only a handful of players are skilled enough to do it consistently and if you screw it up the ball can go anywhere.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is doing a good job of hiding it & besides, he is terrible. I am sure there would be at least 20 people on TK who would be better.
agree some just cant transtion from radio commentary to tv i thought he was much better when calling on tripple m

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
agree some just cant transtion from radio commentary to tv i thought he was much better when calling on tripple m
I reckon he damaged some of my car speakers. He’s just so over the top on radio and his screaming. Never really liked his commentary on either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The problem with this style of kick is that it's not easy to do, yeah, it looks great when done right but only a handful of players are skilled enough to do it consistently and if you screw it up the ball can go anywhere.
It's not that easy, but it's not that hard. I'm a nobody than has never played league and could do it (too scared to try now though). Surely a professional player that has trained/played for hours on end over years should be able to execute it with reasonable success on the field.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that easy, but it's not that hard. I'm a nobody than has never played league and could do it (too scared to try now though). Surely a professional player that has trained/played for hours on end over years should be able to execute it with reasonable success on the field.
True, but minimising risk is what the game is about nowadays and a miscued kick that goes over the sideline on the full or squirts across the field can cost a team big time.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been saying this for a while now. These guys are suppose to be elite athletes so they really should be practicing it, even if it is just a little muck around session before or after training. This is the kind of shit we would do at High School at lunch time..... it requires some amount of experimentation and having an open mind that I just don't see in this team at all at the moment especially Flannagan.

It doesn't make sense to me at all the way he has been putting up these safe bombs, that land no where near the in goal, there's no way they are put up to be regathered by us because they're put up so far away and don't go nearly as high as they need to. I understand giving the ball back to the opposition and meeting whoever catches it with a straight line of defense, but there's more to footy then that, and that loser mentality has plagued this team since the final years of Des. Those shitty bombs that Mbye would put up that without doubt ALWAYS landed on the 10 metre line, because des couldn't dare give away a seven tackle set was the most boring ****ing footy I've seen in my life! All the top teams are troubling backs with these monstrous kicks for years! Who cares! One might bounce weird and give away a seven tackle set, yes! But we gotta do something else to end the set, something that has a chance of putting ANY pressure on at all. Can these players not see that! Have a go!

It was hard to see but I'm pretty sure Lewis' first kick of the game last week was a spiral/floater, that actually put the opposing fullback in a bit of trouble, and there was a training video from last week that showed Lewis putting up a spiral bomb so he's really our only hope.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait for Burton next year to put up those massive bombs up in the first half and they land in the second half.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
another example is Ray Hadley - not bad on radio but failed on TV

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we are very average in kicks. Our bombs aren't that high either and we have become too dependent on Flanagan. Katoa has a nice boot and would like to see more kicking from dummy half from him.