Bulldogs Rebuild – CEO Aaron Warburton Confident of Success

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's about time we heard from the club to control the narrative after sensationalist reporting in the media to destablise the club and fake rumours about Burtion etc.

Hopefully this gives fans peace of mind that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that things aren't as dire as they seem, especially with the emphasis on juniors being so vital to our future success...

Great work by Warburton to be so comprehensive and speak so eloquently. Obviously the execution of the plan is key, but there's more reason for optimism than pessimism and I hope this can give some jaded fans more perspective.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trent, Warburton and Khoury are not to blame. And like I have said previously Barrett and the board deserve 2 years to implement the plan.

if we are still losing 30-0 and coming last at the end of 2022 then questions do need to be asked.

Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson, even Holbrook couldn’t get this squad into the finals. It won’t happen (we literally have the most underwhelming roster in the comp).

Funny to hear that our corporate sponsorships are so high at the moment. Refreshing after the andersons did not deliver (apart from laundy on a tiny deal to begin with).

No matter what I feel the change has been for the better. And long term success doesn’t happen over night. We have a younger board and coach and by the looks of it an astute operator at the helm in Warburton. There is still a chance of failure, but I am confident things will turn for us. All we need is a few key recruits and it was refreshing to hear we are pushing the envelope even with players not off contract.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love the crest idea
Yeah I think Gould set something similar up for the panthers at the start of his tenure there... Seems Baz has brought over some tips with him from the west and could imagine he is implementing similar strategies of those he learnt whilst with the all blacks too. Fcuk i hope we get up and make a statement this weekend.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I think Gould set something similar up for the panthers at the start of his tenure there... Seems Baz has brought over some tips with him from the west and could imagine he is implementing similar strategies of those he learnt whilst with the all blacks too. Fcuk i hope we get up and make a statement this weekend.
. Stay patient either way. This year was always going to be a write off. Until half our pack and half our spine is good enough to walk into any club, then we have absolutley no chance on the field. We are on the right track but the real growth will start next year. We won’t remember this squad 3 years from now

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why are we a long way away from where we want to be as a development club when we knew as early as late 2017 that our cap was f*+#ed and that we could not be active in the transfer market for 2-3 years... what exactly was the club doing in 2018, 2019 and 2020 as to junior development?

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
I bet a large part of that is our capture of burton.

JAC would've been sold the clubs vision, so all credit to backroom staff.

But any new big names we sign will have burton as a selling point
Burton being at Penrith this season and getting game time and showing how good he plays is the best thing for us right now.

This gets other players in the comp excited and Burton is doing our recruiting for us.

It may be bleak and miserable this season but JAC signing with us shows we're our club is really at if an Australian rep in his prime from the best club in the comp signs with us.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Other big names will follow.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton being at Penrith this season and getting game time and showing how good he plays is the best thing for us right now.

This gets other players in the comp excited and Burton is doing our recruiting for us.

It may be bleak and miserable this season but JAC signing with us shows we're our club is really at if an Australian rep in his prime from the best club in the comp signs with us.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Other big names will follow.
Thats why we should keep on harping up about burton to play for us this year to keep him in the media spotlight.

Behind the scenes tell Penrith we want him to stay with them this season and that we're just keeping Matt in the media's spotlight

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Long term coach with a vision. Seems like club is going all in with Trent's vision. Hard to see them firing him this season or next as some have been suggesting.
Not much on the market next yr