Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain what Tui Katao brings as a winger? I can justify other positions with something or another.

But legit what does Tui bring.. Speed? Nope. Skill? Nope. Safety? Nope. Size? Nope.

Our last resort option is the only justification
Yep

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not too sure if it's legal. You would think if a player gets penalised for pushing an opponent contesting the ball during a kick or following an attacking raid, then why doesn't it apply on a defender getting pushed trying to get back in the line. And in our case, player was pushed into another defender taking him out of the contest to make the tackle. A form of obstruction. That play was a big turning point in any case.
Our player shouldn’t of been there. Don’t turn your back on the play and get on side.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At least DWZ will get some metres. Meaney is a good kid but he doesn't belong near first grade. Can't break a tackle, gets pushed back 9/10 and rarely supports when a forward has an arm free for an offload.
Mate seriously, when was the last time one of our forwards looked to unload a ball,second phase play has been non existent in this side for five years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate seriously, when was the last time one of our forwards looked to unload a ball,second phase play has been non existent in this side for five years
Renouf always looks to pop a late offload but we never have anyone around the ball so he rarely throws it. Hetherington managed a couple last week from memory also. Elliott can also manage an offload.

I still don't agree with our attack, we're waaaaaaay too deep. Maybe if we played flatter and more direct we'd react quicker instead of playing 30m deep and moving the ball at a snails pace.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Renouf always looks to pop a late offload but we never have anyone around the ball so he rarely throws it. Hetherington managed a couple last week from memory also. Elliott can also manage an offload.

I still don't agree with our attack, we're waaaaaaay too deep. Maybe if we played flatter and more direct we'd react quicker instead of playing 30m deep and moving the ball at a snails pace.
Renouf I will pay, but hetherington and elliot are just throwing the ball away not an offload

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Renouf I will pay, but hetherington and elliot are just throwing the ball away not an offload
Sometimes throwing the ball away is enough though, how many times have we seen one of the Burgess boys just flop it out the back anywhere and Cook picks it up around his ankles? Difference is Cook, Walker, etc react and immediately attack....us on the other hand stand around like idiots and lose ground lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not too sure if it's legal. You would think if a player gets penalised for pushing an opponent contesting the ball during a kick or following an attacking raid, then why doesn't it apply on a defender getting pushed trying to get back in the line. And in our case, player was pushed into another defender taking him out of the contest to make the tackle. A form of obstruction. That play was a big turning point in any case.
I have accepted calls like that and the Kikau taking out Hoppa obstruction for the first Panthers try a couple of weeks back as just part and parcel of being an insignificant team. Hopefully shit like this stops when were back dominating.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have accepted calls like that and the Kikau taking out Hoppa obstruction for the first Panthers try a couple of weeks back as just part and parcel of being an insignificant team. Hopefully shit like this stops when were back dominating.
The commentators are classic at dismissing rule breaking against the low teams and just continue celebrating the top teams.

Rules mean nothing if Joey, Gus, Freddy etc etc have put their bets on the favs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What do we consider a good result this weekend??
Only losing by up to 24 points. A better eye test, our players looking less confused, more going on with and without the ball (players in motion, hitting holes, etc).

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spoke to an ex player sponsor and even he can't understand how Napa retains his spot.....

I am in last man standing comp this week and will be choosing Melbourne as a certainty to win. Using my head not my heart as I honestly cannot see us getting anywhere near the Storm. To top it off we have Sutton.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can someone explain what Tui Katao brings as a winger? I can justify other positions with something or another.

But legit what does Tui bring.. Speed? Nope. Skill? Nope. Safety? Nope. Size? Nope.

Our last resort option is the only justification
I dont believe anyone would show much playing outside the slowest footballer we have.
Meaney is in the same boat. The centre just wont pass the ball.