Tommy Raudonikis has died.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
RIP you legend. Old school player who wore his heart on his sleeve. Someone you’d want next to you in the trenches.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RIP Tommy. Loved his line when he signed off on his Footy Show segment "I'm Tom Raudonikis and you never will be" He was right too, their won't be another like him.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RIP Tommy. A real character and legend of the game. Will be missed.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RIP great man, used to go to the bloodbaths against Manly at lidcombe oval over 40 years ago with my old man who was a staunch Magpies man.WOW what an"education" they were lol
Remember when he went to Newtown and inspired them to a GF? fuck i cheered hard for Tommy and the Jets that day.

all heart he was, undoubtedly help to shape Baa into the champion and similarly tough bastard he became too.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rip Tommy.
Gotta be a tribute this origin series. Game one.
Need to invoke the cattle dog spirit.

Met him once. -He once drove me from sydney cbd to hornsby as a silver ser oce cabbie.
Wont ever forget that trip!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What a character. I remember when he was coaching the Pies in the mid 90’s as the Super League war broke out and Wests were in the ARL camp and reps of ARL aligned teams were asked to meet at ARL HQ in Phillip Street. Tommy said: ‘I can’t go unless I can find a cabbie who’ll let me smoke on the ride in and I’m not going an hour without a smoke’ :tearsofjoy:.

That’s probably what got him in the end.

Old school, tough, brutally honest and no BS.
They don’t make ‘em like Tommy any more.

RIP mate.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will never forget the time at Henson Park when Raudonikis ironed out Turvey Mortimer. As 1982 was the famous nil all draw in the pouring rain it had to be 1981.

Ball went through the scrum and out the other side.

Turvey went round the back of his side of the scrum to collect the ball. Raudonikis went round the back of his side and as Turvey picked up the ball, WHOOSKA. Turvey in Disneyland.

Only bloke on that side of the field who didn't see it and should have was the touch judge. No action taken at that moment or after the game. Bullfrog didn't believe in citing players like other clubs did.

On came Mal "the mouse" Creevy and no one from Newtown could lay a hand on him as he carved them to shreds.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RIP Tommy. One of the real characters of the game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tommy played the game hard and tough and he never ever let the word "impossible" rule the way he did things. Gosh, what a fighter he was ......stared death directly in the face twice and beat it down but was unable to keep it at bay in the end. Uncompromising and unforgiving..simply one of the best. RIP Tommy may the cattle dog rule and go the Blues!!!!!!!

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great man.

RIP Tommy and sincere condolences to your family.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
R.I.P Tommy legend of the game, one of its great characters