Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We will look competitive up to the 10 min mark or until the Storm score their first of many tries.

Trick is if we can actually score a try in the only decent 10 min period we show in our recent games, we MAY keep the deficit to under 20 points.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck does waddell survive, seriously!!!!
And where the Fuck is Doorey?? & Dietz??? I bet you these 2 players will be picked up by other teams at some stage and we will have another, Thurston/ Cook situation on our hands, Barrett seems to be following the trend of his predecessors and putting the same team on the field only swapping positions around, You can not put a square peg into a round hole, You'd think he would try and bring on some new players seeing we have not scored a point in 240 mins of football, What the fuck is Hoppa & Kotoa still doing on the team when we are chasing one of the fastest units in the league? and why the hell would you put DWZ at fullback when even Pay could see he had feet for hands, he is going to get the shit bombed out of him. I'm sorry guys, you're all going to say I'm negative but this is going to be all out for 70+ I'm not just negative, I'm down right fucking angry.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And where the Fuck is Doorey?? & Dietz??? I bet you these 2 players will be picked up by other teams at some stage and we will have another, Thurston/ Cook situation on our hands, Barrett seems to be following the trend of his predecessors and putting the same team on the field only swapping positions around, You can not put a square peg into a round hole, You'd think he would try and bring on some new players seeing we have not scored a point in 240 mins of football, What the fuck is Hoppa & Kotoa still doing on the team when we are chasing one of the fastest units in the league? and why the hell would you put DWZ at fullback when even Pay could see he had feet for hands, he is going to get the shit bombed out of him. I'm sorry guys, you're all going to say I'm negative but this is going to be all out for 70+ I'm not just negative, I'm down right fucking angry.
this isnt directly at you mate

DEITZ CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT AN EXEMPTION

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this isnt directly at you mate

DEITZ CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT AN EXEMPTION
I know buddy, I am just angry and frustrated even this 30man squad shit put on by the NRL is destroying the game, I'm old school where if you had up & coming reserves you could use them, which kept the first graders on their toes and gave the reserves something to strive for, I remember in 85 Warren Ryan bring in a reserve grader ( Mathew Callanan) in a semi final against Parramatta and he absolutely carved them up. What a a ridicule's state of affairs this stupid 30man squad Bullshit thing is, we are stuck with the same duds for the rest of the season & we can't do Jack shit about it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Barrett is playing a bit of favourites with Waddell. Doorey should at least be in the 21 (at least, but honestly should be starting over Waddell). AFAIK we have an exemption to use 1 hooker outside our top 30 and we're using that on Topine (even tho he isn't really a hooker). We messed up our top 30 before the start of the season (it isn't confirmed, but it looks like players we recruited a few years ago had guaranteed top 30 spots inserted into their contracts for the final year). We don't have many centre options and Hopoate is an experienced player, I do think he's finished, especially here (a Tolman 2.0 situation). T. Katoa is basically last man standing (Okunbor and Meaney injured, again T. Katoa shouldn't be in the top 30). I really wasn't expecting DWZ to be fullback, it didn't cross my mind once during the week. This just confirms how much of a dud signing Allan is (I hate to say it, but prove me wrong and I'll be praising him). I don't think we'll lose by 70, but I don't think we're going to make the line either which is currently (+27.5). I'm expecting us to lose by between 30-40 points.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Neither can Doorey

Doorey is in the top 30.

"Doorey, who was previously on a development contract, will now step up as a full-time member of the club's Top 30 squad."

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely the number one play should be to kick it deep constantly I mean deep that’s all I want to see, if the storm keep getting the ball of a flanno kick 30 metres out every set it’s going to be a long evening . The chances of a six agains will be a blowout most probably against us so for f sake keep kicking it deep boys
Actually that raises very good point, who will be the Ref on the night? I hope It's not Shiton or Cumstaines our only hope will Peronara

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Grant was watching last week our game he'll know pushing one marker on the back will cause a multi car crash in our defensive line.
Was that even legal? I couldnt help but think pushing a player offside into the defensive line is even legal??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Neither can Doorey
Incorrect he is in top 30 where as Dietz isn't.

However I watched him in reggie's last week and he ain't exactly putting his hand up for selection.. neither was Chris Smith..

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Incorrect he is in top 30 where as Dietz isn't.

However I watched him in reggie's last week and he ain't exactly putting his hand up for selection.. neither was Chris Smith..
The week before they were going alright. Really just about getting that consistency in their games.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're getting 28.5 start. I reckon with the guys we have back and Cotric on the wing that we cover.. We'll still lose, but I reckon by 14-20. I hope it's not another blowout and we can score a few tries to take some confidence into next week against Nth Qld in that must win game..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know buddy, I am just angry and frustrated even this 30man squad shit put on by the NRL is destroying the game, I'm old school where if you had up & coming reserves you could use them, which kept the first graders on their toes and gave the reserves something to strive for, I remember in 85 Warren Ryan bring in a reserve grader ( Mathew Callanan) in a semi final against Parramatta and he absolutely carved them up. What a a ridicule's state of affairs this stupid 30man squad Bullshit thing is, we are stuck with the same duds for the rest of the season & we can't do Jack shit about it.
The way I see it is, the NRL wants to strengthen the big successful teams and weaken the struggling teams, if you're a top team with a few supper stars and a good number of top notch players you don't even need 30 players. However 30 players aren't enough for the struggling team because most of their players are just average,
Yes the NRL want another team in Brisbane but in actual effect I believe that they actually want to reduce the comp to about 12 teams in order to make the game more entertaining and compete with the AFL which it is currently struggling with.
The SL idea was to have a 10 team comp playing at SOO standard every week for those who remember, I'm sure that the powers to be have not forgotten it, but this is not the work of those who supported SL, it is the work of those who supported the ARL at that time.
People can call me a conspiracies theorist as much as they like. The people who don't believe in conspiracies are to week to face facts and deal with them.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Barrett is playing a bit of favourites with Waddell. Doorey should at least be in the 21 (at least, but honestly should be starting over Waddell). AFAIK we have an exemption to use 1 hooker outside our top 30 and we're using that on Topine (even tho he isn't really a hooker). We messed up our top 30 before the start of the season (it isn't confirmed, but it looks like players we recruited a few years ago had guaranteed top 30 spots inserted into their contracts for the final year). We don't have many centre options and Hopoate is an experienced player, I do think he's finished, especially here (a Tolman 2.0 situation). T. Katoa is basically last man standing (Okunbor and Meaney injured, again T. Katoa shouldn't be in the top 30). I really wasn't expecting DWZ to be fullback, it didn't cross my mind once during the week. This just confirms how much of a dud signing Allan is (I hate to say it, but prove me wrong and I'll be praising him). I don't think we'll lose by 70, but I don't think we're going to make the line either which is currently (+27.5). I'm expecting us to lose by between 30-40 points.
I agree with the waddell comment. He is a Barrett signing. In regards to Allen im happy to have him somewhere in the backline and also happy to reserve judgement on our backline until we get Burton and addo carr. Its our forward pack that needs a overhaul. Our backline will have enough talent next year