Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should sign Seb Kris instead.
First noticed Kris when we played the raiders in a trial couple of years ago still wearing a black head gear.. His footy reminded me of Sid Domic, not many would remember him but was a solid Panthers back in the 90's. Kris is a gooden and getting better by the year... Why the club dont recognise these players early is beyond me!

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First noticed Kris when we played the raiders in a trial couple of years ago still wearing a black head gear.. His footy reminded me of Sid Domic, not many would remember him but was a solid Panthers back in the 90's. Kris is a gooden and getting better by the year... Why the club dont recognise these players early is beyond me!
Our recruitment and retention is shit house

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I don’t mind the line up for this week.

Luke Thompson, JJ and DWZ are big inclusions, Thompsons energy and aggression will give the guys a lift, JJ will be the work horse every team needs and DWZ will run for 150+ metres at FB.

It’s clear Allen wasn’t giving us much punch from the back so it’s either DWZ, Hoppa or a punt on Averillo. Why not give DWZ another crack at FB? If he can diffuse the aerial raids and gain some confidence, it should improve our field position with his custom charges.

Allen and Hoppa in the centre’s works for me with Cotric reverting back to a role that made him an Origin rep.

I don’t like Waddell and Napa in the 17, prefer Doorey and Chris Smith.

If Averillo does not command the ball, take his fair share of kicks and regularly takes the line on, he’s lost me for a halves spot in the team period.
They are big inclusions... Even though not really game breakers they will still bring plenty. Having Hetho, Jacko, Elliot and Thommo on the field together will surely bring some confidence to the rest of the team.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have also left Paul Alamoti out the ball side. Unsure of reason why. Did he get a knock last week or those in the know is he going up?
Sg ball side have a
Can someone explain what Tui Katao brings as a winger? I can justify other positions with something or another.

But legit what does Tui bring.. Speed? Nope. Skill? Nope. Safety? Nope. Size? Nope.

Our last resort option is the only justification
i can’t believe he made the 30 man squad to begin with
Anyone can play fg at the dogs if he, Holland, Montoya etc can play there

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people keep suggesting Wakeham? Have they seen how much he's regressed and struggling in Reserves? Lewis has outperformed him massively and jumped ahead of Wakeham in the pecking order which tells you how much Wakeham is struggling..

I was hopeful for Wakeham two years ago and am not a Lewis fan at all, but Wakeham hasn't materialised as FG standard and I think people need to come to terms with that.
Lewis is out i rate him above wakeham trouble is averillo is not the great white hope we thought he would be that leaves wakeham

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
only early in the week but Harry Grant named as a reserve for the Storm? i think from the interview with Brandon the other day he was kind of expecting to make way for harry.
Looking at their team on paper they have two "average" players in Jennings and Reimis and one may be replaced anyway.How we are expected to beat them is beyond me.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
RSmith anytime tryscorer anyone? Former players are specials againat us for some time now, especially the 1st game