Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just really hope that DWZ is safe for us at fullback
He brings the ball back no problems,this will solve some problems not only this year but also next.
We don’t need any drop ball at all, it will kill us

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do people keep suggesting Wakeham? Have they seen how much he's regressed and struggling in Reserves? Lewis has outperformed him massively and jumped ahead of Wakeham in the pecking order which tells you how much Wakeham is struggling..

I was hopeful for Wakeham two years ago and am not a Lewis fan at all, but Wakeham hasn't materialised as FG standard and I think people need to come to terms with that.
Wakeham has always been.shit, is shit and will continue to be shit as a 1st grade half-back. He may be a good reserve grade player or a bit part player in the 1st 17 that's it. I totally agree can people stop throwing him up as an option in 1st grade.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The last time we had a good run of wins was when Dwz was our Fullback. Lets hope that is the case after this week. Hard to beat the storm even on their bad days

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely the number one play should be to kick it deep constantly I mean deep that’s all I want to see, if the storm keep getting the ball of a flanno kick 30 metres out every set it’s going to be a long evening . The chances of a six agains will be a blowout most probably against us so for f sake keep kicking it deep boys

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely the number one play should be to kick it deep constantly I mean deep that’s all I want to see, if the storm keep getting the ball of a flanno kick 30 metres out every set it’s going to be a long evening . The chances of a six agains will be a blowout most probably against us so for f sake keep kicking it deep boys
keep kicking to the corners try slow it down as much as we can. We have no chance winning a fast game against paps jac munster and hughes.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And kick bombs down jennings side when were contesting. Jennings barely ever jumps for the ball

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last time we had a good run of wins was when Dwz was our Fullback. Lets hope that is the case after this week. Hard to beat the storm even on their bad days
No doubt the bombs are going to be flying in all arvo,
Its absolutely essential that he doesn’t panic or drop them.
A good run out of our danger zone should lay the platform for our forward pack.
Thommo & Ontoni need to lead the boys,make a statement

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh? He's started every game this year.. 3 times at centre and once in the back row. When he played in the back row he got knocked out with a head clash with team mate (R James) early in the game.
my mistake, has looked real good at centre

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Doubt we sign either.
Broncos about to sign Staggs and play him at 5/8, pushing Milford out of the club. Naden linked to Tigpies. Maguire tried to get him for this season but Panfers not budging.
Naden wants to come to our club and was coming until the rack story made the news.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes mate I have always been a big believer in right hand players playing on the right - especially at centre. I used to watch Josh Morris in origin and he barely broke a tackle when they played him at right centre because he carried the ball in his left hand.

I do think Avo went ok at left centre though because he has a swerve as opposed to a fend. A bit like Michael Jennings without the roids
Yes makes a big difference, maybe why Cotric has had so many drop balls?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I don’t mind the line up for this week.

Luke Thompson, JJ and DWZ are big inclusions, Thompsons energy and aggression will give the guys a lift, JJ will be the work horse every team needs and DWZ will run for 150+ metres at FB.

It’s clear Allen wasn’t giving us much punch from the back so it’s either DWZ, Hoppa or a punt on Averillo. Why not give DWZ another crack at FB? If he can diffuse the aerial raids and gain some confidence, it should improve our field position with his custom charges.

Allen and Hoppa in the centre’s works for me with Cotric reverting back to a role that made him an Origin rep.

I don’t like Waddell and Napa in the 17, prefer Doorey and Chris Smith.

If Averillo does not command the ball, take his fair share of kicks and regularly takes the line on, he’s lost me for a halves spot in the team period.

Last edited: