Sione Katoa is a better 5/8 than Averillo

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Starting to believe the imminent turnover of our roster has something to do with our seriously poor start to the year. I can't comment on Katoa being better at 5/8th but if people are thinking this then there is more going on than is obvious. The shopping of players wouldn't sit well with the squad. There is so much chatter about our players not being nrl standard not just here but in the media in general. We have a terminal confidence issue that won't go away until we have our mass clean out. Sadly.
Hopefully there will be some highlights this year but I'm not expecting very many. Avoiding the spoon might be one.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as Averillo has done absolutely FA in his time in the halves and considering that yes, in 10mins of game time, Katoa applied himself better in that position than Averillo, overall, Averillo is still the better option.

Though for me, it’s super clear Averillo needs to only think about running the football, he’s not capable of taking on multiple responsibilities expected of halves. This is why he’s been better in the centre’s and wing, but I’m keen to see how he goes at 1.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta remember the only game we seemed to make any meters from our forwards was the game he didn’t play.

With a firing hetho and Thompson along side him things could be different.

...takes a look at this weeks opposition...

Well maybe not this week, The cheese could be in for a big game... could be last chance to impress at hooker this season.