How in the f... can you be penalised for a shoulder charge that doesn't connect ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe I’ve missed it but our 2 players that were penalised for foul play during the game have not been sighted by the judiciary. But a South’s player that wasn’t penalised for 2 incidents of foul play during the game has been, on both.

My view is that’s 4 proven “mistakes” by the referee and all 4 of them were against us and in favour of the Wabbitts. That’s the facts, undeniable. We all complain about bias against us, but this dismissed as simply being our own bias. Well here are another 4 items of evidence that are all irrefutable.

Go Dogs

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you
We should have captain challenged that. Never touched him.

Ref must think it's like charging someone for attempted murder.
What do you expect we're the Bulldogs or don't you know what that means.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I’ve missed it but our 2 players that were penalised for foul play during the game have not been sighted by the judiciary. But a South’s player that wasn’t penalised for 2 incidents of foul play during the game has been, on both.

My view is that’s 4 proven “mistakes” by the referee and all 4 of them were against us and in favour of the Wabbitts. That’s the facts, undeniable. We all complain about bias against us, but this dismissed as simply being our own bias. Well here are another 4 items of evidence that are all irrefutable.

Go Dogs
How many does it take for a ref to be dropped I wonder ? Do they have to make 10 or more ?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How many does it take for a ref to be dropped I wonder ? Do they have to make 10 or more ?
Seems like hardly ever dropped no matter the stuff up unless its Rabbits, Storm or Rorters.

If they are dropped its only losing the "match of the round" and us then getting them :(

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like hardly ever dropped no matter the stuff up unless its Rabbits, Storm or Rorters.

If they are dropped its only losing the "match of the round" and us then getting them :(
Seems they only get punished / dropped if they make a wrong call on a try that costs the game but they can make as many wrong decisions on penalties and 6 agains as they like but those decisions can add up to costs a game easily also. Momentum can be a game changer.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take on the Hethetington "shoulder miss" is that if the referees were consistent (read unbiased) then any player that approaches another catching a kick while in the air should be penalised "with intent" or a player running toward a player who has kicked the ball and is still in the air or a defender moving toward a decoy runner, all should be charged with the "intent" to tackle that player. So did Hetherington "intend" to shoulder charge or because there was no contact, did the referee only "summise" that was the intent and erroneously blew a penalty on "suspicion". The whistle blowers are there to ensure the game is played within the rules and nothing else. They are not there to interpret the rules, just enforce them and anything else can be seen as favouritism toward one side.