Flanno is a fraud

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watching Sharks play Cowboys. Townsend runs across field then looks up and sees Cowboys defense up, puts a kick behind the line and Dugan scored. Flanno has no such vision whatsoever. You either have it or you dont. You can't coach that.
That try was not Townsend good play, yes he executed the kick, it was effort and running from Dugan that made the try. I don’t watch many games other than Dogs matches these days, but those who critics Woods should come watch him and compare to what we got. And to make the point a few have already, the 6 again has completely changed the game, it’s no longer an arm wrestle, dominant teams get free passage. Sharks 36-6 at halftime, seriously!!! Barrett has work to do, that’s without doubt but we’ve had South’s and Penrith and now Storm, injuries galore, wet weather (until yday), it’ll get better unfortunately we just have to ride it out

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What about the cut outs? Its basically the same thing... His instinct footy isn't perfect yet but 22 years old and running a team whilst trying to create.. Give the kid a break.

He has definitely shown moments and is every bit a bulldog. His line speed and kick chase is fantastic and he is always leading the way. He and Burton are a perfect mix and would not be surprised if we see a different Kyle when on board.
I have watched him for last few years and he definitely doesn't have any vision in him whatsoever. No chance in hell would Robinson let him go and have 2 18yr olds replace him if he had any quality in him. We are clutching at straws. He isnt a rookie whatsoever.

Your age reasoning means absolutely nothing when he was replaced by an 18yr old Walker and a rookie in Lachlan lam who is also 19 i think.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan is not the messiah. He will never be able to compete whilst ever the forwards are not setting any sort of platform.
Apart from Elliott and Hetherington, the other forwards are abysmal.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That try was not Townsend good play, yes he executed the kick, it was effort and running from Dugan that made the try. I don’t watch many games other than Dogs matches these days, but those who critics Woods should come watch him and compare to what we got. And to make the point a few have already, the 6 again has completely changed the game, it’s no longer an arm wrestle, dominant teams get free passage. Sharks 36-6 at halftime, seriously!!! Barrett has work to do, that’s without doubt but we’ve had South’s and Penrith and now Storm, injuries galore, wet weather (until yday), it’ll get better unfortunately we just have to ride it out
You honestly think Flanagan would have looked up and seen Dugan and put the kick in? No chance in hell. He won't even pass to Hoppa let alone kick for a try..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have watched him for last few years and he definitely doesn't have any vision in him whatsoever. No chance in hell would Robinson let him go and have 2 18yr olds replace him if he had any quality in him. We are clutching at straws. He isnt a rookie whatsoever.

Your age reasoning means absolutely nothing when he was replaced by an 18yr old Walker and a rookie in Lachlan lam who is also 19 i think.
So the Roosters are sifting through their halves stocks. Just because they got rid of one of three future NRL halves and believe they let go of the one least likely to get a dally M doesn't mean shit. We made and won GF's with guys who didnt even play rep footy so just because he isn't the best doesn't mean he isn't going to succeed.

Anyways it doesnt matter. Burton will be the best one day so Flanno just needs to organise and support.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So the Roosters are sifting through their halves stocks. Just because they got rid of one of three future NRL halves and believe they let go of the one least likely to get a dally M doesn't mean shit. We made and won GF's with guys who didnt even play rep footy so just because he isn't the best doesn't mean he isn't going to succeed.

Anyways it doesnt matter. Burton will be the best one day so Flanno just needs to organise and support.
You actually answered on my behalf. They got Rod of the shittest half they had...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You actually answered on my behalf. They got Rod of the shittest half they had...
Glass half empty mate.

By the way why didnt u mention Townsend setting up Fidow for the oppositions first try.. Doesn't fit the agenda?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To young to make any calls yet...the club thought Thurston would never make it as a top nrl player , look what happened, we need to give flanno time with a good partner and a better team around him ..

Yes he has been very underwhelming, I won’t argue with that... but once this kid gets some confidence and we start wining games.. it all just may click for him , I won’t be writing him off at all.!!! NOT YET.
i think your wrong, the club did know Thurston was going to be a special player. Unfortunately off field incidents to blame here..

flano needs time he will come good with Burton as his halves partner

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about the cut outs? Its basically the same thing... His instinct footy isn't perfect yet but 22 years old and running a team whilst trying to create.. Give the kid a break.

He has definitely shown moments and is every bit a bulldog. His line speed and kick chase is fantastic and he is always leading the way. He and Burton are a perfect mix and would not be surprised if we see a different Kyle when on board.
Exactly this. Fucking hell. Not saying Flanno is all that but ...

The teams playing ordinary. Forwards largely useless. Backs rubbish. 5/8 in first few games had no preseason or trials and has played very few first grade games at 5/8. Last game 5/8 was injured in first 10min and didn't play again.

Give the guy some time ffs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Glass half empty mate.

By the way why didnt u mention Townsend setting up Fidow for the oppositions first try.. Doesn't fit the agenda?
Lol clutching at straws...

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Flanagan actually had a reasonable game against the Rabbitohs, he has been a little up and down, but definitely not one of our worst. Did well to play his role even with Lewis, Topine and Katoa having to shift positions.

Our backs killed us against South Sydney, Cotric was by far the worst, Meaney was caught out of position quite a few times, and in his only hard run he broke his ribs. Katoa rubbish once again. Allan was rubbish, Hopoate useless in attack as per usual. Most of our forwards were pathetic as well. Outside of Hetherington and Atoni.

Honestly see why people try and point the finger at Flanagan for us not scoring, but if you actually watch what happened in the game against the Rabbitohs and what is causing the breakdowns in attack in often comes down to others making f*ckhead plays.

Flanagan definitely needs to improve his running game, but realistically he is only ever going to be a Townsend type player. Still alot better than what we have had playing in the 7 of recent.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly this. Fucking hell. Not saying Flanno is all that but ...

The teams playing ordinary. Forwards largely useless. Backs rubbish. 5/8 in first few games had no preseason or trials and has played very few first grade games at 5/8. Last game 5/8 was injured in first 10min and didn't play again.

Give the guy some time ffs
Have to agree with this
Jt would look like dog shit behind this pack and the other players around him
Take a look at DCE
Got the turbo brothers, Foran , tapau , walker and is absolute rubbish at the moment
Flanagan is our sole point of attack, no hooker, rookie 5/8 ordinary fullback

Can’t pin him

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i think your wrong, the club did know Thurston was going to be a special player. Unfortunately off field incidents to blame here..

flano needs time he will come good with Burton as his halves partner
Wrong/Right/opinion/etc

I do agree ,as said better players Around him.. also too early to make judgment.!!

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You honestly think Flanagan would have looked up and seen Dugan and put the kick in? No chance in hell. He won't even pass to Hoppa let alone kick for a try..
Dugan called for it and ran the line. You seeing Hoppa do that? And even if he did does Hoppa have the pace to get there? What a smart move by Pay/Hill to extend him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol clutching at straws...
Lmao look whose talkin...

We shall see at the end of 2022 what happens. In all honesty I like BBO... He looked the goods in the trial, prediciting smokey.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dugan called for it and ran the line. You seeing Hoppa do that? And even if he did does Hoppa have the pace to get there? What a smart move by Pay/Hill to extend him
to be fair hoppa was injured most last year, Before that he was our best. This year he has been pathetic

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I don't know how they couldn't see this when they signed him.

Same mistake they made when the dumb fucks signed Crapa.
Even the great Jonathan Thurston would look like a fraud surrounded by the same rubbish players!

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
to be fair hoppa was injured most last year, Before that he was our best. This year he has been pathetic
Granted he may have been ok for us in previous years but never above average. Surely when you extend a player for 3 years the question must be asked not how he’s playing today but can he stack it up for 3 more years. Hoppa never showed pace back then and he was in the decline. This should have been picked up. He should never have been extended and unfortunately feel the same about Jackson.

Look at some of the players Storm and Roosters have let go the last few years when they were still playing well but didn’t extend cause they had the foresight that they wouldn’t stack up for another 2/3 years. This is good list management. You keep your core team together and one soldier out another in. Look at who we have kept all these years, good clubmen who just aren’t not good enough to get us top 4.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have to agree with this
Jt would look like dog shit behind this pack and the other players around him
Take a look at DCE
Got the turbo brothers, Foran , tapau , walker and is absolute rubbish at the moment
Flanagan is our sole point of attack, no hooker, rookie 5/8 ordinary fullback

Can’t pin him
Shit. Forgot about the hooker position also. Agree totally.

Find it mental that so many are trying to bury him when he's literally go no help at all.

Seriously. Who in our team is taking the load of him in the slightest?

5/8 ... not at all.
Hooker ... same
Backs? ... you're kidding

There hasn't been one person to stand up and provide even the smallest bit of support for him. It's a lot to ask an inexperienced half, and why I was calling for Benjii to come but ...