Flanno is a fraud

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
WTF are you guys talking about? Flano should of ran more but he again played off the back of a side that wasn't putting pressure on the opposition by building momentum in attack. Very difficult game for him losing Lewis early then having Katoa move into 5/8. I'm beginning to think most of you keyboard warriors expect all our players to be super human. Fact is most teams have a superstar or 2 that changes games. We don't have any ATM. Not signing Benji to partner Flano was our biggest mistake. As Barrett said in the presser...he knows what we need to do to improve our attack...but the presser is not the forum. It's a discussion to have with the playing squad and it will be reflected in our recruitment. I admire Barrett for not throwing the players under the bus.
Keep your head up Flano. One thing the anti Lewis brigade can't do is blame his play for yesterday's performance. So the prince gets another shot either next week or the week after.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Whats the go with Lewis? Any updates?

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanno is clueless hasn't got much to his game low standard approach wont fly in fg comp

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whats the go with Lewis? Any updates?
I don't think we'll know for sure until he clears protocols throughout the week. Hopefully because he hasn't had a bunch of them recently that he can come back against Melbourne.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man the whole year will probably be a right - off ,
100 percent his playing crap but he ain’t alone .
It’s hard to be a little sparkish right now for the poor bastard , but dare I say even if Matt had played against South’s maybe we lose by 5 tries instead , but we still lose still . I believe we are way off the mark in recruitment in relation to , key positions and until that’s fixed our famous brand will keep on getting hammered .

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very harsh on Flanagan. Can’t judge him until we get the players around him. The good teams always have two types of halves, one that controls and steers the ship and the x-factor type. Once Burton comes we will have the combo. Now we need forwards who go straight and not backwards

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too early to ASSASSINate Flanagan :grinning:
An organizing halfback like him needs forwards going forward to be enable him to organize !!!
You are one of the few that actually get it and is looking at long term big picture. Flanagans stocks will rise once all the other pieces (recruits) come in to replace the duds we currently have.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I don't know how they couldn't see this when they signed him.

Same mistake they made when the dumb fucks signed Crapa.
Bro seriously, what is the bloke supposed to do with those creampie forwards getting fuck all metres for him. We are in desperate need of some BIG boppers with some heart and good motors that bend opposition defences then you can judge the young lad!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are one of the few that actually get it and is looking at long term big picture. Flanagans stocks will rise once all the other pieces (recruits) come in to replace the duds we currently have.
Thanks mate,
Patience is a virtue !

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our middles held there own to start, we go repeat sets... Flanagan is just shit, gets the ball and takes the wrong option almost every fucking time.
Yeah I somewhat agree. Not quite to the shit point, I'm maybe at turtle head lol. Not quite a full shir yet, but getting there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's too many flaws in Flanno's game to predict he will drastically improve with a better forward pack.

He doesn't have the vision.

The panic and lack of composure can be attributed to our poor go forward but his decision making is one dimensional and he doesn't have the basic control of the team.

Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong bc we sure need the improvement from all of them.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For mine I put it more on Barrett than Flanno. Flanno has been underwhelming to say the least, but imo most the blame goes to Barrett.

Hes trying to make him Cleary, when he doesn't have the same players around him. He's not as good and he's given him too much control over the team.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just watching Sharks play Cowboys. Townsend runs across field then looks up and sees Cowboys defense up, puts a kick behind the line and Dugan scored. Flanno has no such vision whatsoever. You either have it or you dont. You can't coach that.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least Lewis takes on the line put his body into it....flannagan is a cat

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To young to make any calls yet...the club thought Thurston would never make it as a top nrl player , look what happened, we need to give flanno time with a good partner and a better team around him ..

Yes he has been very underwhelming, I won’t argue with that... but once this kid gets some confidence and we start wining games.. it all just may click for him , I won’t be writing him off at all.!!! NOT YET.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I somewhat agree. Not quite to the shit point, I'm maybe at turtle head lol. Not quite a full shir yet, but getting there.
I'm sure he can do a lot better, he's just totally exposed because of our general lack of talent and Baz putting way too much faith in him and throwing him into a role he clearly can't handle. Done the same with Cotric, looks like a fucking donkey in the centres. Cotric is already nearing the final stages of his Bulldog transformation...already devoid of confidence and almost looked scared to back himself when running the ball and ended up putting in a few useless kicks lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I don't know how they couldn't see this when they signed him.

Same mistake they made when the dumb fucks signed Crapa.
3 games in. No establish half next to him. No front row in front of him. Underperforming backs.

He's underperformed without a doubt but I think these new guys deserve a little time.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watching Sharks play Cowboys. Townsend runs across field then looks up and sees Cowboys defense up, puts a kick behind the line and Dugan scored. Flanno has no such vision whatsoever. You either have it or you dont. You can't coach that.
What about the cut outs? Its basically the same thing... His instinct footy isn't perfect yet but 22 years old and running a team whilst trying to create.. Give the kid a break.

He has definitely shown moments and is every bit a bulldog. His line speed and kick chase is fantastic and he is always leading the way. He and Burton are a perfect mix and would not be surprised if we see a different Kyle when on board.